• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is it time yet?

Grazz't1970

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Can we start moving the BOD threads to the craftsmen channel where they belong yet? Nothing's changed and no responses have been given. Heck most of em don't even tag the right people.

We need to go back to regular UOHall arguing by pvpers. These trammy crafters are just too tame and long-winded.

Pvpers at least all argue and complain in one thread - not spread out thr repeat threads daily

Thanks in advance...

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
No doubt passions have risen because the expectation was high, but the execution was terrible.

The concept of selecting the reward and banking of points was good. But non-locatable maps, timers, exceptional items that can't be crafted, use of rare materials to obtain paltry points have all left a sour taste.

The BOD update was obviously choreographed by somebody who didn't play the crafters they were impacting, and an insufficient detail to quality left us with a new broken system on the very first day, and the silence of the oligarchy during this time gives players a sense of hopelessness that their needs are not being met.

it's like playing solitaire with a 40 card deck.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Regarding the silence from Devs here, the only thing I can figure is, they must work for weeks and weeks on new publishes, and then once those are pushed out after...don't laugh...testing...then they all take breaks from the game for a few weeks. I can't see them sitting at their desks getting paid to do nothing, so they're either on a break or they only work part time for BS and the rest of their time is spent on other game(s) ? Nothing else makes sense.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Regarding the silence from Devs here, the only thing I can figure is, they must work for weeks and weeks on new publishes, and then once those are pushed out after...don't laugh...testing...then they all take breaks from the game for a few weeks. I can't see them sitting at their desks getting paid to do nothing, so they're either on a break or they only work part time for BS and the rest of their time is spent on other game(s) ? Nothing else makes sense.
There are no "normal" breaks outside of regular US holidays and the time off we have. Once a publish is out the door, we immediately begin working on the next one. This train never stops as they say! Anything anyone has tagged me in over the last couple days has been condensed and sent to QA and if we find issues we will address them in a future publish. Unfortunately I can't respond to each one, as we also receive a ton of emailed feedback as well. E-mail feedback is definitely the best way to make sure something gets looked at. You won't always get a response, but we go through each one. Thanks again everyone for the feedback!

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There are no "normal" breaks outside of regular US holidays and the time off we have. Once a publish is out the door, we immediately begin working on the next one. This train never stops as they say! Anything anyone has tagged me in over the last couple days has been condensed and sent to QA and if we find issues we will address them in a future publish. Unfortunately I can't respond to each one, as we also receive a ton of emailed feedback as well. E-mail feedback is definitely the best way to make sure something gets looked at. You won't always get a response, but we go through each one. Thanks again everyone for the feedback!
Instead of rushing off to the next publish - maybe you can do some EBF's to straighten out this one. The bribing is a mess on some of the bods and there are still bods in the mix that use special ingredients for very little points. Couple this with the fact that you don't have every bod giver in each town so the tournaments/event starting Dec 1 will be a mess since some towns will work and others have too few bod receivers for the points. Should have thought about this before you even published.

Here is the main theme of UO - TOO much content none of which works very well since it was rushed out and never properly fixed. Stop rushing off to add new things and fix the things we already have so we can use them. Thanks.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Couple this with the fact that you don't have every bod giver in each town so the tournaments/event starting Dec 1 will be a mess since some towns will work and others have too few bod receivers for the points. Should have thought about this before you even published.
I'm not sure I understand what your concern is here? What exactly do you feel is going to be a mess with the Artisan Festival? We had several towns go through the festival on TC1 without incident.

PaulCH

Journeyman
Instead of rushing off to the next publish - maybe you can do some EBF's to straighten out this one. The bribing is a mess on some of the bods and there are still bods in the mix that use special ingredients for very little points. Couple this with the fact that you don't have every bod giver in each town so the tournaments/event starting Dec 1 will be a mess since some towns will work and others have too few bod receivers for the points. Should have thought about this before you even published.

Here is the main theme of UO - TOO much content none of which works very well since it was rushed out and never properly fixed. Stop rushing off to add new things and fix the things we already have so we can use them. Thanks.
I'm not sure I understand what your concern is here? What exactly do you feel is going to be a mess with the Artisan Festival? We had several towns go through the festival on TC1 without incident.
As I understand the artisan festival, the BODs are not turned in to the blacksmiths, tailors, etc but rather elves near the trees so no issues with missing BOD givers in certain cities. Might be an issue overall but I don't think that it applies to the Artisan Festival.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My fault - you are correct - I was confused on how the turn in worked from the release notes (I don't play test shards generally). I was under the impression you turned them in as normal to their respective counterparts as normal. Didn't know you dumped it on a single elf and got nothing in return (and also no acknowledgement of how many points you've submitted).

It it still a valid point though for town loyalty. Some towns like Skara are at a huge advantage because you can get lots of loyalty from the different bod givers/receivers that other towns lack. All bod types should be available in all town loyalty cities.