• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Excess Banked BOD Points

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just purchased a cooking item with banked points. I thought you lost any excess points after a purchase, but mine are still there. Is this working correctly or will my excess points disappear?

Thanks,

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
As I stated in another thread....if you bank points, you can spend them as you wish without losing any extra..it's only when you chose the *use it now* open that you will lose any points that you do not spend. This is why I like the banking system...I don't have to worry about losing points.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As I stated in another thread....if you bank points, you can spend them as you wish without losing any extra..it's only when you chose the *use it now* open that you will lose any points that you do not spend. This is why I like the banking system...I don't have to worry about losing points.
I think the devs said in the last M&G that it was in fact supposed to delete the points.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I think the devs said in the last M&G that it was in fact supposed to delete the points.
No that is not correct

Misk says: when you turn in a 750 point BOD and get a 700 object, you lose the 50...

Misk says: if you do the same with banked points you do NOT lose the 50 points

This is what was said at the last meeting

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
No that is not correct

Misk says: when you turn in a 750 point BOD and get a 700 object, you lose the 50...

Misk says: if you do the same with banked points you do NOT lose the 50 points

This is what was said at the last meeting
Maybe I have misread, but aren't you both saying the same thing?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The same thing regarding what?

Okay example....

I have a BOD that will net me 600 points if I use them NOW or 25 points if I bank them (Not real numbers just an example!)

So I chose to take the 600 points, but the item I want is only 500 points, I get that item and lose the other 100...

If I chose to BANK the 25 points, and get the tool for 10 points, I will STILL HAVE 15 points left in my point bank..I will not lose any points I do not use because they are in a bank.

And Both Misk and Mesanna said that it WAS supposed to work that way.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The same thing regarding what?

Okay example....

I have a BOD that will net me 600 points if I use them NOW or 25 points if I bank them (Not real numbers just an example!)

So I chose to take the 600 points, but the item I want is only 500 points, I get that item and lose the other 100...

If I chose to BANK the 25 points, and get the tool for 10 points, I will STILL HAVE 15 points left in my point bank..I will not lose any points I do not use because they are in a bank.

And Both Misk and Mesanna said that it WAS supposed to work that way.
Yeah, you're correct, you cannot save points when you choose to immediately spend them.

It just appeared to Merus was agreeing with you is all by saying the points are "deleted". But perhaps he was referring to the banking system?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Oh maybe....the use it now points are deleted if you don't spend the whole amount but the banked points stay...which is nice. I guess I'm just one of the crazy ones that likes to fill junk BODs now because I can actually get something out of them lol...and I'm mining again! Well...more then I usually do....lovin the fact that blackrock stacks now! That was a nice little surprise :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
But if all you do is bank points you are losing way more than 50. Just saying.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
How are you losing?

I don't bribe so I'm not losing gold...I turn in the .2 and .5 and 1 point tinker BOD's that don't go into any of the larges I have..I mine my ingots so I'm not wasting anything there....it's a win win for me because I don't HAVE to get a specific BOD worth a specific amount of points to get the item I want...just keep bankin points and get what I want, when I want without losing a thing.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
How are you losing?

I don't bribe so I'm not losing gold...I turn in the .2 and .5 and 1 point tinker BOD's that don't go into any of the larges I have..I mine my ingots so I'm not wasting anything there....it's a win win for me because I don't HAVE to get a specific BOD worth a specific amount of points to get the item I want...just keep bankin points and get what I want, when I want without losing a thing.
If you like to mine, you're not really out anything but time.

If you buy them the cost outweighs the benefit of banking.

I tried mining two days ago, and even set up an elaborate macro on UOA so all I had to do is press a button and wait to hit it again. Still couldn't bring myself to do it continuously. There just wasn't any interest level in it for me.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah I'm one of the weird ones that likes to mine lol, I set to mine ore and gems and go to fel and just mine away.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah I'm one of the weird ones that likes to mine lol, I set to mine ore and gems and go to fel and just mine away.
Me too. I find it strange that people think we are wasting our time Mining when I thought the point of this whole game was to waste our time doing things in game we enjoyed.

PaulCH

Journeyman
I was "born" a miner ~18 years ago and it's still one of my favorite things to do. Recently started tracking my results (breakdown of colored ingots, gems and blackrock)...might post them tonight if i think of it.

Garrett.

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I hate mining but used to love extreme mining - digging up an ore ele puts the fun back into a boring necessity. The 50 extra ore is v nice, especially if its a vally one :). Mostly these days though I hunt merchant ships because of the variety of resources you get for very little effort...