• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bods - The positive side

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have to say out of all the new bods - the Alchemy ones are by far the best.

Why? No EX stuff to worry about cutting down the possible bods by 50% and not too many different larges and such so you can actually recycle and do bods without having to collect hundreds/thousands.

Plus the crafting of them is awesome because you can put the empty number of vials in your bag and 'make max' and regardless of fails - it will make that number and stop.

For all the rest of the crafting stuff it counts fails as 'attempts' and stops at 20 attempts not 20 makes. Grr.

Alchemy gets an A
Inscription gets a B- ok number of items but using mana to craft is stupid
Fletching gets a C given the bribing issues with nm/ex and wood color
Tinkering and Carpentry get D's for too many things to make. Its a mess.

We didn't need a bod for every item.

As always - the best advice for our dev team is SIMPLIFY.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Cooking could get an A

If they fix the sweet cocoa butter that cant be exceptional.
The fruit large cant be exceptional. So that exc bod cant be made.
I don't like the 3 tiered cake and tribal berries needed for larges.
The small BODs are useless after you have done 5 of them. They need a 250 point reward that is useful (a stack of fruit, meat or cheese)
(the 250 use skillet is not worth 250 points. Tinkers can make 188 use ones for 1 ingot.)

They didn't put too many BODs in cooking like they did tinkering.

Just need to fix the ones that cant be made.

Right now I'd give cooking a C.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm inclined to think some people are not looking at some of this the same way I am.
Does no one remember the 'give us a reason to hunt [this] type threads?
I now have a reason to visit Wrong and hunt the ogre cook - I've been with one group, and have requests to do the trip again.
I now have a reason to hunt savages for tribal berries
I now have a reason to hunt rotworms in Underworld - with the added bonus of the odd lucky coin
I now have a reason to hunt kappa in Tokuno, I need to grow some sugar.
I even have a reason to hunt those pesky eles in the Volcano in Eodon, they're a good source of the big gems.
My 'cup' isn't half empty, it isn't even half full, it's brim full and I'm having FUN!

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The alchemy setup is pretty awesome. But it can be a bit too demanding of rare resources. Primarily, the several "20 Nexus Core" orders I received. That takes 100 dark sapphires to fill. I'm lucky if I mine up 1-2 of these in an hour. Not sure if there's an LBOD with these or not or what it'd be worth (the nexus core order is worth 150 or 3 banked).... but neither of the couple useful rewards available to alchemy seems worth it.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nexus Core seems to be something of an anomoly, it isn't classed as a 'small bod', otherwise it would only be worth 10, 25 or 50, nor is it exceptional.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm inclined to think some people are not looking at some of this the same way I am.
Does no one remember the 'give us a reason to hunt [this] type threads?
I now have a reason to visit Wrong and hunt the ogre cook - I've been with one group, and have requests to do the trip again.
I now have a reason to hunt savages for tribal berries
I now have a reason to hunt rotworms in Underworld - with the added bonus of the odd lucky coin
I now have a reason to hunt kappa in Tokuno, I need to grow some sugar.
I even have a reason to hunt those pesky eles in the Volcano in Eodon, they're a good source of the big gems.
My 'cup' isn't half empty, it isn't even half full, it's brim full and I'm having FUN!
My Pally hunts the Crystal Eles outside of Luna for the drops so my Imbuer can unravel them for ingredients. I'd do the Elf Brigand camp N of my place but not enough goods to make a decent run. All it costs is 20 or so bandages each time ... and I have over 20K enhanced ones. <shrug>

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have to say out of all the new bods - the Alchemy ones are by far the best.

Why? No EX stuff to worry about cutting down the possible bods by 50% and not too many different larges and such so you can actually recycle and do bods without having to collect hundreds/thousands.

Plus the crafting of them is awesome because you can put the empty number of vials in your bag and 'make max' and regardless of fails - it will make that number and stop.

For all the rest of the crafting stuff it counts fails as 'attempts' and stops at 20 attempts not 20 makes. Grr.

Alchemy gets an A
Inscription gets a B- ok number of items but using mana to craft is stupid
Fletching gets a C given the bribing issues with nm/ex and wood color
Tinkering and Carpentry get D's for too many things to make. Its a mess.

We didn't need a bod for every item.

As always - the best advice for our dev team is SIMPLIFY.
Regardless of fails ? My client doesn't work like yours then. If I have an 80% chance of crafting, and I select Make 25, it only does 25 attempts for me, or maybe I"m crazy.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Regardless of fails ? My client doesn't work like yours then. If I have an 80% chance of crafting, and I select Make 25, it only does 25 attempts for me, or maybe I"m crazy.
Sorry I was typing fast and not very clear there.

Alchemy :
Need to make 20 Potions. Put 20 empty bottles in your pack. Select 'make max'. Since you never break a bottle on a fail (only lose the ginsing or whatever) you can make max and if it takes you 23 or 27 or 33 attempts - as long as your morter and pestle has the uses - it will just keep making till your exactly 20 potions are done and then stop with 'no more resources' because the bottles are used up.

For ALL tools how you want them to work is if I select 'Make 20' it should actually make 20. Instead it does 20 attempts and if 5 fail - you get 15 items. Thats stupid and annoying when you are trying to craft 20 items.
Tinker tools, smith hammer, fletching tools etc etc. 'Make Number' is not actually make number - it number of attempts. Poor coding by our dev team and poor wording of the option. That was my point.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Theo stated in his post "make max" option. You are perhaps thinking of "make number". The make max is to the left of make number.

Garrett.

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I always thought the idea behind spell scrolls was they were infused with the spell and not just a hand written parchment of the spell words, hence the reason for the mana use. Whatever the reason though, IMHO, because its now a highly craft-able item for the BODS, a drop in the mana use would be good - or maybe allow the LMC on the suit to count? :thumbup:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I always thought the idea behind spell scrolls was they were infused with the spell and not just a hand written parchment of the spell words, hence the reason for the mana use. Whatever the reason though, IMHO, because its now a highly craft-able item for the BODS, a drop in the mana use would be good - or maybe allow the LMC on the suit to count? :thumbup:
You put the infused spell in the scroll...therefore the user of the scroll does not need a spellbook to cast the spell.
You put the regs into the scroll, therefore the user of the scroll does not need regs
Mana should be the same, either the user of the scroll should use no mana becauyse the scriber put it in, or the scriber needs to use no mana because the caster must supply it.

And yes, I know, y'all gonna be screaming "but it;s always been this way!!!"
Step outta the box once in a while...