• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

House Add On Doors...

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
So, i am customizing my house... i love the house add on options and how you can dye them. For those of you asking why did you post this here and not in homes and castles - because the audience here is larger!

SO here is my delimma...

I bought house add on doors and i have 3 stone doors and 2 regular metal doors in my house. I try to place them and they wont go (seem to only work in castles). So i cheat the system! I put a the door in a crate in the proper spot, i axe the crate and boom, door stays. I say "I wish to lock this down" set access and then i have a door that functions!!!

BUT - When server comes up every morning... 4 of my 5 doors end up in my moving crate, even though they are locked down in my house... not sure why the last door works!!!!!

Anyone have any advice on this?
house without doors.png 5th door still locked down!.png doors in crate.png

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I had a set of simple window curtains that would always go into the crate ... turns out a teleporter was too close. Once I moved it, they have stayed in position. <a tip of the hat to Tamais who supplied that clue!!)

Sooo my question for you is: is there something under those gozas that could cause the crate move? It doesn't appear so, but thought I'd ask.

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
nothing except the tele's off to the west

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Im not totally sure, but are you supposed to lock them down? have you tried not locking them down? or have you tried securing vs locking down? doors should have security set to them so perhaps they have to be secured. just throwing darts. :)

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Just tried that - we will see tomorrow am!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You have to lock the doors down, they don't work like the wall pieces, so lock them before you lose them.

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
@Zeke - I do lock them down. See original post.

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Nope

Chazztizer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
are you going back into customize mode? if so they could be like broken stone tables that have to be relocked every time you enter customize...........

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Problem now is that I have to put those doors in first. If I go in now and customize the house - 2 stories of floors and walls come down!!!!

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
@Scott There was an issue where, if you put doors on the outside south or east-most tile, then opened them, they unlocked and fell out of the house. The "fix" was to restrict doors such that doors can only be used in non-custom type houses. Not my idea of a great fix, but that was the rationale. :p