• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Alchemy Bod deed rewards

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to be able to display the cauldron alchemy bod rewards in my house after the charges are used up. Can this be accomplished some how?

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I don't like these timers.

I much prefer limited uses than limited time.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But they have limited uses.
True but if you claim a cauldron and let it sit for over 24 hours with out using any charges it will go poof I believe. I would prefer they went to like the runic hammer system instead of the current system.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Simple fix: DO NOT claim any BOD reward with a timer until you have the MAX resources to use it before it times out. It is called Time Management or better yet you can use something like this it is called

Last edited:

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want the differant types of cauldrons so that i can display them with the rest of the rewards from the alchemy bods. I'm not even interested in using them really, hence I have not claimed any in the hopes that they will remove
the timers.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Simple fix: DO NOT claim any BOD reward with a timer until you have the MAX resources to use it before it times out. It is called Time Management or better yet you can use something like this it is called
Ya. Who wants to play a fun game.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Maybe these timer works for people who play a lot. Contrary to Frodo's derogatory comment that it takes mental faculties to work this out, the concept is simple. Claim it and use it when you know you have the time.

But for people like me that play a total of 2 hours a week, sometimes in little 20 minutes spurts, it's more complex than that. One day I might get a nice LBOD. The next day I turn it in, and the best reward is a talisman that will expire in 24 hours. So I have to decide if sometime in the next 24 hours I'll get 1500 verite ore, which I won't. So I either store the BOD for another day (and I already have enough of these "another day" project).. Or I lowball the reward and pick some powder of fortification that won't expire.. Or like last time, I picked it not knowing yet how the time worked, got minimal return on my reward before it expired.

I'd enjoy it a lot more if I could get my verite map. The next day go locate the ore and mark a rune, the day after that go dig it up. Or just say, oh well, just give up BODs, I just want to play a little and this takes more micro-management than I'm willing to give it. I get a lot more bang for the buck by 20 minutes hunting a greater dragon or two and just harvest a little gold and hides. And a lot less micro-management without worry of some stupid timer that will expire.

So I understand the time management aspect. I just don't like the artificial sense of urgency to complete use up a reward within a certain time frame. It's the same reason I haven't attempted any of the dungeons that require keys with timers, that game wasn't aimed at players like me. And I'm ok with that. But crafting *is* aimed at players like me, or at least it was before crafting reward timers were introduced.

Bah. Humbug.

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I want the differant types of cauldrons so that i can display them with the rest of the rewards from the alchemy bods. I'm not even interested in using them really, hence I have not claimed any in the hopes that they will remove
the timers.
Would be great if the Devs could make these toggle into deco mode like plants.