• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

BOD Map in the Ocean (or not)

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Thanks, all. I was able to find and dig up the first location. The 2nd in the Lost Lands I'm giving up; it's up in the top left hand corner of the map but I've been digging for an hour and can't find it (every once in a while I actually dig up gold and get excited for a second.).

I paged a GM but I don't think they work on Sundays, maybe. I'm going hunting for location number 3 now.

I found location #3 - the cave was a great hint, and I located in due north of Britain. Hit paydirt on dig #1.

FOr maps 1 & 3, they were both Trammel like the map says, but the coords don't match the location. For #2, it's not even Trammel. For all I know, the picture doesn't match, either.

Last edited:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
They really need to have the "O" being used for the degree mark, be lower case (and superscript, if possible)

Those aren't 120, 80 and 350 in the 3 pics' Latitude - they are 12, 8 and 35 Degrees.
Similarly, those are 11, 56 and 3 Longitude, not 110, 560 and 30.

Technically, 350 and 560 aren't even possible, which should be the tip-off.

Lady Mal

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I found it interesting that the posters were having trouble recognizing the locations. I am wondering if maybe I have spent too much time running around the world and memorizing maps that can look in a glance and tell where a spot is. I love T-hunting.. so this will be fun for me. I highly suggest you folks become a little more familiar with the world, or you may wander into some deadly area ( a bad swamp or dungeon ) looking for this ore on your mule.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I found it interesting that the posters were having trouble recognizing the locations. I am wondering if maybe I have spent too much time running around the world and memorizing maps that can look in a glance and tell where a spot is. I love T-hunting.. so this will be fun for me. I highly suggest you folks become a little more familiar with the world, or you may wander into some deadly area ( a bad swamp or dungeon ) looking for this ore on your mule.
I've always said that there is nowhere you can drop me in UO where I wouldn't know in short order where I was (except EM and old seer places on shards other than my own)... amazes me how many have no clue about the landscapes and such.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
For #2, it's not even Trammel.
In what way would Lost Lands not be Trammel? There's a Trammel and a Felucca version. Your map clearly must be near the marble passage exit.
Indeed we could guestimate the location of every map so far as well.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
And in response to Freja, we liked what you said here:
I would like to see tools like the Gargoyle's Pickaxe and Prospector's Tool for lumbering. A Gargoyle's Hatchet, that will spawn a colored Reaper, that can move and will give logs in the color.
They also need something like Ancient Hammer. Tools with 10+, 15+, 60+ for carpentry, fletching and stoneworking and maybe tailoring too, even with less charges than the hammers, they would be great.
That would make it more fun to do lumberjacking for sure!