• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New backpack art bug?

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Once I changed the backpack art to polar bear skin, it changed all the characters on the account. Even after changing a specific character back to the default art it reverts upon login to the polar bear skin.

Can we not have character custom skins or is this intended to be account bound? @Kyronix

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sounds like it changes the main .cfg file, there are a number of things that do that. I'm afraid I can't remember how to get around that one. Maybe someone else can.

Odin of LS

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I kinda thought it was handy to not have to change them all. I'm lazy though.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
On the CC, it's in the Options, so it will affect ALL characters.

@Kyronix Using Suede, opening an inner pack will not change the artwork as the main pack is set. Is this intended? Polar Bear does alter inner packs when opened. Thanks!

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On the CC, it's in the Options, so it will affect ALL characters.

@Kyronix Using Suede, opening an inner pack will not change the artwork as the main pack is set. Is this intended? Polar Bear does alter inner packs when opened. Thanks!
CC options are per character. That's why each character can have different macros and speech text color.

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
how do you access this new packback art? patch notes says under options, but i have looked all over under user settings and options and can find nothing

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
cc client options / top right tab / scroll the scrollbar allllll the way down - it's at the bottom

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You can revert to default any time. In CC, you want this screen:
upload_2016-11-27_11-27-23.png

Scroll all the way to the end of this screen and the choices are here. Default is just that.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Going to disagree. My main account has 3 characters with polar bear and 4 with suede which leads me to believe it is a bug since all characters do not change to same skin. By choosing a custom skin it only seems to knock all characters on that account out of default skin.

Yes Spartan I am aware I can change it back to default But it always defaults back to a custom on next login. This should be fixed.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
... <snip> ... Yes Spartan I am aware I can change it back to default But it always defaults back to a custom on next login. This should be fixed.
Disagree here. In getting that snap, the character I logged in on had the Suede pack art. I changed it to Default to insure it *was* the original art. Logged out with Default art. Just now logged in and it is Default art on that character.

A thought: This should NOT be needed, but perhaps if one uses only Apply to the setting it does not properly set things and reverts next login? Used to be you had to Apply then Okay for stuff to get set. I simply use Okay all the time.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interesting. After you set default did you log on a character with a custom and then back to the default? This is where mine reverts from default to whatever custom the last character had.

If I change to default and only log into that character then it remains default.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Well, son of a gun! I had not tried that particular set of steps until just now. I can confirm that it does indeed change a default bag art to custom of the last character. And you're right ... it needs fixing.

NOTE: Interior packs MAY show pack art of the outer pack when opened. I have some internals that do and some that do not. The "do not" group seems to be packs that have been dyed for visibility. An undyed pack seems to properly accept the pack art when opened - closed it still shows default exterior view.

Summoned

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just one more reason to play EC. Works fine in EC. Each char can have their own.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Going to disagree. My main account has 3 characters with polar bear and 4 with suede which leads me to believe it is a bug since all characters do not change to same skin. By choosing a custom skin it only seems to knock all characters on that account out of default skin.

Yes Spartan I am aware I can change it back to default But it always defaults back to a custom on next login. This should be fixed.
Incorrect. I have 2 accounts, and I only changed it on my main/original. When I logged in on the second, it also had the suede backpack. Ditto for all characters I logged in to on both accounts.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just logged into the game dual client to do an Arcane Focus, my second account is also showing the polar bear backpack I'd switched my main account to.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Incorrect. I have 2 accounts, and I only changed it on my main/original. When I logged in on the second, it also had the suede backpack. Ditto for all characters I logged in to on both accounts.
Didn't work that way for me. Also once changed to another custom skin, it remains that custom skin. Example, if character A has a polar bear pack and I chose suede on character B both characters retain their different pack skins. I have tested this myself and concluded it's not meant to be account bound.

The problem is no character can go back to a permanent default pack skin once a custom is chosen. You CAN go to default on every login but since the other custom is retained, it's a bug that needs fixed.

Lady Mal

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's on the legacy tab in user settings for EC, you have to be using legacy pack art to even use it. I use the ec back pack option with grid, so still no new art for that.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got dirtnapped and all my runebooks kept in a bag neatly arranged have appeared in my polar bear backpack in the same neat pattern way up in the upper left corner, not the usual pile in that corner. This I like. :)