• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

If i was a Developer.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
nothing fancy.
no game changes.

just the simple things in life that make me smile.
at work i take lunch and i sit back and do something that will make me smile.
play a app on my phone.
crank up the laptop and play a little UO.
sit on a bench and enjoy the fresh air.

so i was thinking if i was a Dev and i was on my lunch break what would i do.....

well, first off im kind of a smart pancake so i would probably log into some random shard and walk into some random persons house and trap one of their supply chests with some sort of random thing.... like it makes their mouse work backwards when the open the chest... but only for a a couple seconds.... just enough time for them to think they are having a stroke.

id go and find myself some UT macroer and put him somewhere off the map.... Destard AW room or something.... neked.

just small things that would make me smile.
i think i would do that.

which is why when i log in sometimes i sit and look around my castle to see what @Kyronix or @Mesanna may have done to my stuff to play with my mind, then i think - nothing they wouldnt do that..... then i remember that I WOULD do that and i go back to checking....

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
This is what they do on their lunch break; turn zombies into purple llamas. :smile2:

Llamas.jpg

No wait, this is what they do because they have excellent coding skills and always pay attention to details. :wink:

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
they know how much we all fear the purple llama's!
they are in our heads!!!

Mrsbug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
If I was a dev...when I put new things into the game i'd test them first. The new bods don't seem to be tested at all...or even researched... Good Idea but bad testing. You get a C-

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If I were a DEV I'd have more pride in my game and I'd fix all the things like this:
Trouble in Nu'Jelm!.jpg

And This:

Tiles all messed up along the shore.png

Because it just looks sloppy and horrible and I'd fix a bunch of the other missing tiles all over and put some new fresh deco around in the cities. Or hold a contest to have folk help give suggestions to revitalize a city. Or even hold a competition between Governors to revamp their city allow each of them to redesign their city on some test server or something and the winning design goes out.

And then I'd fire that artist and get one who can understand the complications of UO perspectives and how to use texturing and shading. Someone who actually cares about matching the aesthetics already in the game.

Maybe I'd entertain the idea of hiring some of the folks who are super talented from free servers... I mean if you can't beat them then hire them so they won't be working for free servers anymore and will make the real deal better.