• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Expansion Cycle with Broadsword?

Agonistes

Visitor
Hey guys, a little new here. I played UO a long time ago, but it's essentially a different game now.

I was just wondering if Broadsword has stated anything about their current expansion cycle for UO? Are they planning on every other year, or smaller updates throughout the year?

Just wondering if anyone has any links or anything to some information.

DJ Diddles

Sage
Stratics Veteran
The latest expansion was Time of Legends, released in October 2015. That expansion was previewed in January or February 2015 in a video from the developers. They have been doing seasonal content patches with varying degrees of content for players all across the spectrum of gameplay. If there will be another expansion (which there probably will) I would expect it to be released in late 2017 or early 2018.

I'd recommend signing up for the official newsletter by entering your email on the home page of uo.com as that is the best way to stay informed about upcoming patches and content.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
they just did an expansion. The devs like @Bleak and @Kyronix are constantly working on new things for UO. be sure to check uo.com for all the latest updates and game notes.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wouldn't expect another expansion until late 2018 to early 2020.

There's plenty of content in dire need of a revamp, as well as exiting areas in desperate need of a reason to exist. I'd rather see that happen before we get a gate to Mars, Morgaelin/Zeala, or any of the Underworld II planets.

Agonistes

Visitor
I wouldn't expect another expansion until late 2018 to early 2020.

There's plenty of content in dire need of a revamp, as well as exiting areas in desperate need of a reason to exist. I'd rather see that happen before we get a gate to Mars, Morgaelin/Zeala, or any of the Underworld II planets.
I'm all game for revamps, there are a lot of outdated systems still. It looks like they're working their way around.

The latest expansion was Time of Legends, released in October 2015. That expansion was previewed in January or February 2015 in a video from the developers. They have been doing seasonal content patches with varying degrees of content for players all across the spectrum of gameplay. If there will be another expansion (which there probably will) I would expect it to be released in late 2017 or early 2018.

I'd recommend signing up for the official newsletter by entering your email on the home page of uo.com as that is the best way to stay informed about upcoming patches and content.
That's what I kind of figured, just didn't know if they actually voiced what their long-term plan was for the game. I suppose they're taking a "when it's ready" approach. Which I'm cool with, it looks like they add a lot of good stuff in their publishes.

I subscribed to the newsletter, I really like it!

they just did an expansion. The devs like @Bleak and @Kyronix are constantly working on new things for UO. be sure to check uo.com for all the latest updates and game notes.
Yeah I've been checking them out frequently, looks good! I remember when we got like yearly expansions.

I look at those, but I was more asking about an actual plan--not the actual notes. Like, "We plan to add new content every quarter, and an expansion every other year..." kind of statement.

Last edited:

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I liked what they said about exploring the original Ultima series content and added that into the online game - which I think is the entire purpose. :)
After all, EA owns the entire franchise. I would still like to see the steampunk stuff (yeah, I think we are getting some... but really, hot air balloons!!! dirigibles!!) and we still have yet to see anything from Ultima: Martian Dreams... after all I could see that bringing the mechanics into our Sosaria. I think Malas was kinda a lead into that, but it left out a lot of the other points of U:MD.