• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Armor Refinement adjustment request

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, a few notes after my 1st experience with armor refinements:

I went with deflecting and dropping most of my resists down to 65, and boosting my dci up to 65, everything was pretty clear until!!!!

-My resists dropped to 55 when i got cursed, i wasnt very happy since i thought it will still drop to 60s

...but anyway, this is not the main problem:

-i thought lets go in stone form to boost up my max resistance again, unfortunately nothing happened i was still stuck at 55s, and the only chance was to devour an apple or cast cleansing winds to get back to my initial state 65/70/65/65/65

Sacrificing so much resists to get a 65dci was not as rewarding as i thought, especially when ur being hit by a dexer holding a HLD weapon, that is going to drop ur dci to 40.

My template became very vulnerable to mages now, and living with 55resists under the curse spell is very painful. I wish that the devs can come up with one of the following tweeks in order to make refinements more useful:

-curse should drop ur resists to 60 not more
-let stone form raise ur cap again -5+5= 0
-provide an unrefinement tool that takes the item to its original state (im not asking to get the mage armor mods back)

@Bleak

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OOC
<rant>
The crafting, reforging, refining, imbuing, powdering, enhancing should be simplified because right at the moment, it's crazy.
...and while we're at it, please remove the wasteful randomness.
</rant>

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Refining your suit all the way to 65 dci is not optimal at all because of the resists dropping too low.

I have a character with a refined suit. I run 55 dci and it seems to work well. My resists used to be 70/70/65/65/70. 65 cold is not bad since the char is melee and nobody tries to harm spam me. 65 poison wasn't bad either until the change with corpse skin happened. I've changed the resists around and now I run 69/69/65/68/69

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This thread is too funny not to comment on, you ruined your suit because you didn't look into how it works properly and now call for a change on something thats been fine since it was implemented. Classic Gandalf, all the gear and no idea.

Stick to Kal Ort Por, at least you know how that works.

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Also you can apply new refinements again on armor that that has been already refined. So I don't think your armor is ruined

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also you can apply new refinements again on armor that that has been already refined. So I don't think your armor is ruined
Correct, its not ruined but he now has to spend the time re-refining. Which no one really wants to do.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats very good info, didnt know that cheers for both of ur replies

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There should be an option to remove refinements as well....
you should also be-able to re-apply "Mage Armor" to ANY item regardless of property count. for 250k... never made sense to me that there are restrictions on any form of gold-sinks.

But yea, the whole resist lowering thing for + DCI never seemed worth it (to me), but I usually do 70/75/75/75/75 & 25 dci cap (human) because DCI is all RNG & I'm used to being hit just about everytime anyway... best bet is to learn how to heal through the damage. and take 5% less damage from pretty much everything but Armor Ignore.

-games too ez

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OOC
<rant>
The crafting, reforging, refining, imbuing, powdering, enhancing should be simplified because right at the moment, it's crazy.
...and while we're at it, please remove the wasteful randomness.
</rant>
I disagree. Crafting should be more than gathering resources and clicking "craft" button (any other MMO out there). I like the complexity in UO crafting. You actually have to know what you are doing.