• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

BOD Map in the Ocean (or not)

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
So I cashed in a 20 exceptional gold chain, and thought I'd get an agapite map but it turns out it was enough for a verite map, so I thought I'd give it a shot.

But the location seems to be in the ocean, west of Buc's Den. Anybody recognize this place?

upload_2016-11-23_19-41-24.png

upload_2016-11-23_19-41-51.png

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Thanks, off I go to try again. 22 hours left. I was hoping the timer started when you clicked the map, but as soon as I claimed it it said 23 hours left.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Once I found it, it worked well. I set up a EC macro to "Target Resource" 10 times and loaded up on verite. I filled my beetle up, recalled home and put it in storage, repeat. All told, 245 large ore.

Later I'll get one of those new talismans so I can smelt without fail.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Once I found it, it worked well. I set up a EC macro to "Target Resource" 10 times and loaded up on verite. I filled my beetle up, recalled home and put it in storage, repeat. All told, 245 large ore.

Later I'll get one of those new talismans so I can smelt without fail.
490 ingots, was hoping it would be more in the 1000 ingot range for the cost of those maps. Did you return to see if there was more?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I would have loved a map, that told me where to find the ores or trees near my mining house, I really don't want the map to tell me where to go. Thank for showing how the map works, now I know not to use points on it.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I picked up the Verite Smelter's Talisman, and disappointed to see the 24 hour timer start immediately. (I was hoping it would start after first use). I smelted last night's 300 verite ore and still have 900 charges remaining, but I'm out of verite ore. I won't be doing that again.

Also cannot put it on a vendor.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So 612 ingots for 1050 points, TY for the info but IMHO not sure if ti worth the cost. Tinkers get the same thing for a 20X gold jewelry LBOD at 850 points.
Nah not really even close to worth it. They should adjust the amount of ingot to 1k but I did find a use for all my normal lbods. Already have 90 charges on a val runic :)

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nah not really even close to worth it. They should adjust the amount of ingot to 1k but I did find a use for all my normal lbods. Already have 90 charges on a val runic :)
LOL and they wanted more points for the BODs because you couldn't get the good stuff fast enough. 6 Val Hammers in less than 1 week, guess that wanted that in 1 day.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Yes, it makes some of the higher end rewards reachable.

But the lower end rewards worthless. Seriously, who would ever cash in for a 105 Blacksmith powerscroll?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
They're exactly the same maps and talismans you can get at Vela, sadly.
Not exactly quite worth the point price for them. :(
Would be much better if they had 4 times the charges or cost 4 times less points to get.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also cannot put it on a vendor.
Ah, yes... I knew there was something else I didn't like about items with a "Life span"... -They're not able to be placed on vendors, peerless keys / a lot of the new bod rewards for every bod-type are like that.

MoxZinnia

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
The timer on the map seems fine, but the timer on the talisman really limits it to those that carry the ore back home with them and store it in a box until, they get a bunch. Taking the timer off the talisman would let any style of miner use it.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Interestingly enough, the gold smelting talisman is fun to use for those willing to go farm gold eles in Blackthorn.

I used one completely up before it could drop below 23 hours, just killing eles and immediately smelting ore. And that's with about 5-10 minutes wasted avoiding liches that got too close, and killing them away from the eles.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The timer on the map seems fine, but the timer on the talisman really limits it to those that carry the ore back home with them and store it in a box until, they get a bunch. Taking the timer off the talisman would let any style of miner use it.
So then you would only need 1 of each Tally as they would never run out, not a good idea IMHO.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Maybe give us mining 10+ gloves from blacksmith and lumbering 10+ gloves from fletching and carpentry.

All the skills need more newbie friendly rewards in the low end.
I don't know if axes break on normal shards but they do on Siege, so we could need Carpentry and Fletching to give 250 charges hatchets on Siege. I would like to see tools like the Gargoyle's Pickaxe and Prospector's Tool for lumbering. A Gargoyle's Hatchet, that will spawn a colored Reaper, that can move and will give logs in the color.
They also need something like Ancient Hammer. Tools with 10+, 15+, 60+ for carpentry, fletching and stoneworking and maybe tailoring too, even with less charges than the hammers, they would be great.

I would also like a few special colored wood, I looked a little of wood colors, but I don't know a lot about woods.
White Ash = White
Mable = Cream white
Walnut = Dark Brown
Cherry wood = Dark red brown
Bamboo = light yellow
Poplar = light green
Puppleheart = light purple brown
Wenge = Grey green
Padauk = Red Brown

I believe it should be possible to find 10 cool colors and then add some of the mods to them.
Some ideas to mods on it: (only resist will stack at enchanging) all will get 16 extra resist for being colored wood.
Mage armor
LMC 8
MI 8
LRC 20
DCI 5
HCI 5
4+ in each resist
SI 8
HPI 5
MR 2
SR2

We could do the same with metal, find some cool colors and add this mods and we will see Smiths back in business. It won't hurt.
You could add a few colored leather rewards too with this mods.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
It's called planning, you know don't get the map or tally until you know you have the time or resources to do/use it. Seriously how hard is that to do?
The time on the map is fine. Added a sense of urgency, so I went out right away and mined.

The talisman was different; I wasn't sure how it worked. And so I have this timer to smelt 800 verite that expires. Where would I get 800 verite ore in a day?

I'm suppose I'm ok with the 24 hour timer if it began with first use, not when you accepted the reward. Then I'd know how much ore to collect first.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The time on the map is fine. Added a sense of urgency, so I went out right away and mined.

The talisman was different; I wasn't sure how it worked. And so I have this timer to smelt 800 verite that expires. Where would I get 800 verite ore in a day?

I'm suppose I'm ok with the 24 hour timer if it began with first use, not when you accepted the reward. Then I'd know how much ore to collect first.
MAP: Hold the BOD until you have time to do it. Not sure how long it takes to complete 1 MAP so take as many PACKIES as you have to collect as much ore as you can at one time. Fill Packies, recall home and have a chest/box on steps so you can unload of unload in your Smith area and recall back to spot, do this as many times as needed until you get all the ore and the MAP poofs. Strategy, when you first get there mark a rune incase you don't get all the ore in one shot.
TALLY: Hold the BOD. Save all Gold and above ore from mining, remember the # on the Tally is ingots not ore (stupid), until you have enough ore of the color to max out the use of the Tally

Gold Tally = 6000 ingots/3000 ore
Aga Tally = 3000 ingots/1500 ore
Ver 1500 = ingots/750 ore
Val = 750 ingots/375 ore

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Quick question re these new bods. If I 'bank points' and have say 75 points banked, then i get a bod i want to 'fill instantaly' and get the reward off that ONE bod, do my banked points still stay there, the ones I am saving from crap bods?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Quick question re these new bods. If I 'bank points' and have say 75 points banked, then i get a bod i want to 'fill instantaly' and get the reward off that ONE bod, do my banked points still stay there, the ones I am saving from crap bods?
Just make sure you switch the BOD to collect now and when you are done and ready to turn your next BOD in that you switch it to what you want collect now/bank points. Collecting a BOD while having banked points do not affect the bank points.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where were all of your comments to the dev when this was on TC1?
You do know they needed input like this... if your disappointed at something open your bloody mouth(type a note when testing).
You all are giving good input but you are not using the right forum to post this... this info would go along way to help the dev do the corrections before the publish goes world wide.... just saying a fact kiddos

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Lady Storm if they would have left the pub on TC longer or on the 3 shards longer then a lot of this info would have been found. In 13 days a lot of information was gathered but lets be real not a lot of people go to TC and yes the 3 test shards have a good group of people on them we can only do so much. Maybe if we would have had a month more would have been done. I am sorry to say this but the pub went to TC1 on Nov 3 and you come on here and basically try to chew our buts for not doing enough but alls I see is 4 post from you in that time and NONE of them are about fixing anything.
Where are any of yours.

General Lee

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
You do know they needed input like this... if your disappointed at something open your bloody mouth(type a note when testing).
You all are giving good input but you are not using the right forum to post this... this info would go along way to help the dev do the corrections before the publish goes world wide.... just saying a fact kiddos
My lag to TC1 is 1000ms at the best of times, I never go there unless I have something very specific to do that is not going to take long. I'm not sure how other people are affected by lag there but that sure affects me testing out the new stuff before release.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I gave up caring to try testing things on TC1 long time ago as it seemed no matter what input was given they just went ahead and did whatever anyway. I give the example of refinements. nuff said.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I play 2 hours a week. I got an extra day this week due to the holiday.

I'm not a beta tester. If I was, I wouldn't be paying for it. I pay for a finished product.

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
most problems get caught / fixed after it goes live no matter how long it stays on TC1 so why make the TC1 time longer?

you obviously have a problem with logic - if you ask me, they should just push the stuff out almost immediately so we can at least use it and then fix the problems in the few days afterwards like they did this time - what's the big deal if something is broken for a couple days - I'd rather have the content and deal with a few minors annoyances than have to wait an extra month

(and you know even after a month there'd still be broken stuff anyway so what's the point of waiting)

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually the dev got such good help from the people who bothered to join in on TC1 that a lot of the things that would have made those of you angry or upset got changed when it was the right time to do so. I do remember when a past team let loose a publish that didn't spend enough time in testing... the screams of players who's home was effected didn't like the fact it was not tested enough to let them find that little gem of a error! This might sound bad this has become damned if you do, damned if you don't.... I am finding the new bod system a bit odd but I will work through it.. there is some logic to the set up.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I love to test, but I don't go to TC much because after a wipe I gotta copy over two characters and all supporting stuffs for them and set up a house and work on gathering whatever resources I forgot to drag over. During one dev cycle I copied Kirthag over all 7 times... gets confusing. So when it came to the BOD testing, I just let it slide. Copying my crafter (carp/tink/smith/tailor/miner/fletching-stoned fletching) and my scribe (inscription/alchemy/cartography) would have been a nightmare to make sure I had the resources and facilities to test with.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The WORST part about copying all those Chars is you can only copy one in 24 hrs, WHY and it takes away you being able to Xfer a Char on the Prodo Shards, again WHY. Unlimited copy to TC without it affecting Char Xfer on prodo shards.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
The maps are officially bugged; the location doesn't match the description. Here are two picked up today; notice the description says "Trammel":
upload_2016-11-27_15-24-3.png upload_2016-11-27_15-24-30.png

and this one:

upload_2016-11-27_15-25-0.png upload_2016-11-27_15-25-22.png

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Thanks. It doesn't help that there a) no pin on the map and b) the coordinates are wrong. I think I can find the one west of Britain, now that you point it out. Where in the Lost Lands do you think the 2nd one is?

@Kyronix @Bleak
I don't recommend getting these bulk order deed maps until this bug is fixed.

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
can someone post what one of these maps looks like in the classic client?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Dizzy are those brand new maps? Do the uses 262 and 298 correspond the the ore you get IE one use one ore?

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
@Dizzy are those brand new maps? Do the uses 262 and 298 correspond the the ore you get IE one use one ore?
I'm pretty sure they are 1 dig per use, so yes, 298 should be 298 ore. {Edit: Confirmed, 292 golden ore, plus a couple of fire rubies}

Ok, how about this location? It's a hard one, looks like the middle of a mountain:

upload_2016-11-27_16-27-44.png upload_2016-11-27_16-28-23.png

Last edited:

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
If your character is human, you might get more than one ore per dig, even with those maps. Vela maps worked this way, and these are nothing but the same.