• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Test1

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm using the make number facility, with a 250 use reward tinker tool, and every single item that's made, my char says ''Test1''...

It's not happening when I use the carpentry table, or any of the tools I've made myself, just with the reward tool.

I dunno if it needs fixing, but this is one of the inconsequential quirks that I find endearing!

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same here. I made multiple items with tinkering and my character said Test1 after each item. It seems to be limited to only tinkering.

@Kyronix If you're going to add in crafting text at least make it something worth reading.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same here. I made multiple items with tinkering and my character said Test1 after each item. It seems to be limited to only tinkering.

@Kyronix If you're going to add in crafting text at least make it something worth reading.

Oh, the possibilities...

juztmee

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Happens with making single items too...and only with tinkering so far. Tested smithing and Inscription and they're fine. Only started today. Was fine doing the tinkering bods yesterday.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is happening with my own tools now, but still just on tinkering.

I'd get into trouble if I spammed like that ...

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Or maybe they are trying to find out how many BOD Filling Tinkers are out there.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
LOL I didn't see this until just now...I thought I was possessed!

But Frodo you might be right...not many Tinker's out there filling BOD's I guess? It's the only skill I am focusing on right now but it wasn't happening yesterday to me, just started about an hour ago when I started making candelabras'. I have filled 20 BOD's already this morning and this is the first time I've seen this spam :(

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did this hidden and it does not unhide you. Logged on another account and with crafter hidden it shows Test1 in lower LEFT corner and with Crafter unhide it shows Crafter name:Test1 I wounder if this is a way to detect hidden scripters.
Edit sorry lower left corner

Last edited:

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bloody good idea if it is. I'd noticed it didn't unhide me, but hadn't given it any thought.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Hmmm interesting!! Wonder if they will do this for the rest of the crafting skills? It's a good way to see if someone is scripting.....I like it!

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I am getting it on all my tinkers, with any kind of tools. So eh.
Started once the hotfix went live. I guess we need a hotfix for the hotfix!

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Or this is a way to detect hidden tinkers working their BODs LOL

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
on second thought, let's not go to Britannia. Tis a silly place.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
It sounds like a test mark in the script they forgot to take out.
The "Test1" is in the system font, so is a system message. Most like a forgotten marker.

Kinda annoying when tinking tools for my machines. :-/

@Bleak
@Kyronix

can be removed with a patch, yes? pls?

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
If this was designed to catch scripters,would only work if they are in a town, as long as they are in their house scripting away, you wouldn't be able to do anything.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If they've got BOD storage vendors, then the house is public. If the house is public, then as long as they've not reset permissions on doors, anyone can wander in and get the script show in their journal. Of course, one of the problems after that is determining whether someone is actually there or not; I tend to craft hidden, as two sides of my house are open and ALL the things want to eat my crafters, none of whom could fight their way out of a wet paper bag. Depending on the approach, someone wandering in and demanding that I prove I'm there could be ignored, could be ejected and banned - or I could unhide and we'll pass the time of day.

Tbh, whilst catching unattendeds is a nice idea, it's more likely someone forgot to take some bits of code out. Bit of a pity really, the opportunities for some fun are endless...

"You sort of successfully craft the item, but it's a bit lopsided."

"You craft the item but it falls to pieces the first time someone looks at it."

"Bloody hell, look what you did to your thumb, does that hurt?"

"Ooooh, pretty..."

''You hit the wrong nail and turn the air blue.''

''Well, that didn't go to plan, did it.''

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
LOL cute...what I find weird is that IF it is indeed a way to recognize scripting...WHY is it only tinkering that does this? I tend to agree with Kirth...has to be a bit of code that they forgot to remove...OR they didn't put it in for ALL crafting.....either way...either change it to one of the things Cailleach said ;) or get rid of it cus it IS rather annoying.