• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Account Retreival

Darkion

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hi,

I am a returning player after many years and have spent hundreds of pounds on this game until I quit circa 2009 with a brief sting back in 2011ish.

I am now being told that I am not going to have my account relinquished to me and that broadsword support will not reply to my emails even though I have proceed details down to delivery address on the account just because one piece of info does not tie up and that the email I originally used for uo is no longer in service is cannot use forgot password.

has anyone had similar problems with this and as there is no number to call I am seriously running out of ideas.
I am very frustrated as the amount of tine and money I spent in earlier years and am willing to come back once more and spend money (but only on my account!!) but am unable to.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I am now being told that I am not going to have my account relinquished to me
Can you explain this? This may dictate the correct answer.

Relinquished tells me you either sold it, gave it away, or were banned for one reason or another.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Simple Definition of relinquish
: to give up (something) : to give (something, such as power, control, or possession) to another person or group

Sounds as if someone else is using/owns the account and they are not willing to give up control.

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Simple Definition of relinquish
: to give up (something) : to give (something, such as power, control, or possession) to another person or group
EDIT: Yea I need to read names apparently.. (change your avatar pls frodo) :D

In other words you gave it away or sold it.. As is from another persons possession? In which case, did you expect to get it back? And if not.. See my previous reply.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In other words you gave it away or sold it.. As is from another persons possession? In which case, did you expect to get it back? And if not.. See my previous reply.
Using that word in his sentence makes it definitely sound like he gave it away so BS is doing the right thing by not letting him have it back.

Darkion

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I did not give this to anyone or sell it so fully expect it to be mine still.

When I returned for a brief stint I linked my account but cannot regain the info to log in.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hi,

I am a returning player after many years and have spent hundreds of pounds on this game until I quit circa 2009 with a brief sting back in 2011ish.

I am now being told that I am not going to have my account relinquished to me and that broadsword support will not reply to my emails even though I have proceed details down to delivery address on the account just because one piece of info does not tie up and that the email I originally used for uo is no longer in service is cannot use forgot password.

has anyone had similar problems with this and as there is no number to call I am seriously running out of ideas.
I am very frustrated as the amount of tine and money I spent in earlier years and am willing to come back once more and spend money (but only on my account!!) but am unable to.
I think your best route would be to email [email protected] with your info and fill this questionnaire

Name of the account:
Secret Word:

First and Last name on account:
Email on account:
Date of birth on account (MM/DD/YYYY):
Phone number on the account:
Country and/or State of residency:

Date when account was opened and closed:
Last four digits and type of credit card on account (Visa, Mastercard etc):
CD Key(s) used to activate game/expansion:
Any character names found on the account (name AND shard):
Any other information that may help locate the account(s):

Hope it helps to get your account active again and welcome back :)

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

When I returned for a brief stint I linked my account but cannot regain the info to log in.
You can try emailing [email protected]

If the account is yours and hasn't been banned for some dumb reason

Darkion

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Many thanks for all the responses all, will try these direct contacts and let you know how I get on! :) Hopefully be online shortly, if not afraid it will be back to the free servers :(

Darkion

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Alas it appears I am no longer getting responses from the Broad sword team. Very sad and frustrating but I guess free shards it is.

:(

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You didn't respond to our wondering wherever you gave away or sold your account though, cause if that's the case you pretty screwed.. had it been a couple years ago you would have gotten it back, but a new policy is as simple as "whoever control the secret word, controls the account"

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Gilmour He did Answer :)

This is very sad to hear Darkion, was looking forward to your return old friend. Whilst i love this game, the UO account management has always been the biggest ballache out of any MMO ive played and i played loads back in the day. Especially with all that linking crap too.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Many thanks for all the responses all, will try these direct contacts and let you know how I get on! :) Hopefully be online shortly, if not afraid it will be back to the free servers :(
Alas it appears I am no longer getting responses from the Broad sword team. Very sad and frustrating but I guess free shards it is.

WOW Sat and Sun Dev team off, so you give them 2 whole days and you throw in the towel. You do understand that they just pushed out a publish and may have their hands full fixing problems.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
It took me two weeks of pretty much daily e-mailing back and forth to finally get my own account back. Some of the things they asked were crazy, like telephone numbers from 10 years ago! My husband was in the RAF and we pretty much moved house every couple of years, luckily his parents still had our old e-mails and phone numbers in their address book. It really is a nightmare trying to get your account back and there were a few moments when I thought I would never see it again. The people I dealt with were very nice though and we got there in the end, just took some (a lot!) patience! :)

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

@AtlanticRealtor has a lot of experience with account management and has many accounts, maybe he has other ideas or contacts for you to get your account back. I know that he's helped other people in the past and quite honestly free shards aren't the solution to your problem

Darkion

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Thanks all, will continue emailing but the latest email stated they would no longer be responding.

The people I have been in contact have been very friendly they just appear to be bounded by their processes.

@Lord Frodo. I have not just left it two days, I started the process weeks ago and I wad referring to the fact they stated in their email that they weren't responding, not just being impatient. Will continue to try after hearing that others have similar issues.

Hopefully youl see me in game yet Esca, although I have given every detail imaginable and still no luck but we shall see!

:)