• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help (Enhanced Client)

Gameboy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the enhanced client when I open up a spellbook and close it the client crashes. This is with or without
Pinco's UI. If I log off everything is fine and it saves my layout but when I crashes it does not save anything.

I would be most thankful for any help.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Does this happen on all your Chars and all your accounts? Try to find as much info as you can and submit a bug report.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is a well known, oft reported issue with the EC. One that really needs to be squished once and for all, as it is quite literally game-breaking.

@Bleak

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is an issue that I'm currently looking into. Any additional information that you can provide would be helpful such as is this occurring with all spellbooks, how quickly are you opening then closing the book, and does this happen when you first start the client?

Gameboy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is an issue that I'm currently looking into. Any additional information that you can provide would be helpful such as is this occurring with all spellbooks, how quickly are you opening then closing the book, and does this happen when you first start the client?
Normal mage books, Mystic, and Spellweaving books. It does not crash when I open them, it can be a while before I close it and it was still crash. I could wait a couple of minutes.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For me, this happens when the book closes. Whether I close it manually, or cast a spell and it closes. Its happened with magery, mysticism and spellweaving books. It occurs in both the default UI and Pinco's.

The really annoying thing is that it is completely random, as sometimes a book closes just fine, then crashes the next time one closers.

Gameboy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For me, this happens when the book closes. Whether I close it manually, or cast a spell and it closes. Its happened with magery, mysticism and spellweaving books. It occurs in both the default UI and Pinco's.

The really annoying thing is that it is completely random, as sometimes a book closes just fine, then crashes the next time one closers.
What Dot said.