• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thief

Tectop

Journeyman
Is it just me or, with the way the game is today with all the past nurfs to thiefs, does anybody else feel that having a thief is more of a wasted character slot?
Thanks in advance for your options.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it just me or, with the way the game is today with all the past nurfs to thiefs, does anybody else feel that having a thief is more of a wasted character slot?
They'll claim thieves still can steal deco etc etc etc...thieves are useless now. Always will be unless you play Siege.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tectop

Journeyman
Thank you all. Looks like we are thinking the same way.It's a shame the game's devs take away from you so easily what it took us many painful hours Of training , not to mention monthly payments to play this type build. Maybe one day the devs will think about that of any skill people put days into the build.
Just my 2 cents.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It depends on what you're interests are. While yes on standard production shards Thieves are rather limited, thanks to insurance etc. they have other opportunities for them besides stealing deco items. I find thieves to be the one play style that benefits the most from a RP perspective, with the limitations on what can and can't be stolen on Prodo, adopting an RP element provides a measure of fun even if you can't find much to place in your pack.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I really enjoy playing my thief. I have lockpicking on her so it is good for unlocking paragon chests. I have her otherwise set as a pure mage, so I use her for events and stealthing to check out new areas and mark runes to get me close to spots I otherwise would not on other characters. I don't have snooping or detect hidden, which the detect hidden would have come in handy for the last event which gave an option to collect "activators" to start the war simulator. The KOTL underground thing. I know they are coming out with some new stealables soon and don't forget, or something new for you maybe? stealing from monsters in Fel and Champ Spawns(all facets). This is neat as the things that are stolen are kinda cool. The best thing being a gem, gem of salvation I think, that gives you an instant rez, kind of like the rez for weavers. For me my character is highly used. I use to roleplay her a bit. but that had nothing to do with stealing. She just looked the shabby homeless part.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A thief can still be fun on production shards. You can be really annoying at Fel events, at least. There's still plenty of scrolls to steal at spawns like always. I hit up a Harrower just the other day and took 4 stat scrolls. Fun stuff.

Tectop

Journeyman
Yes that does sound fun . On some if not most production shards the population is just not there like in the years past. I may just try a transfer to a more populated shard and give it another try .
Thank you all

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah the population thing is the biggest issue for anyone in PvP. There is nothing worse than running your thief to every Fel spawn in the game only to find nobody has popped any of them all day. Bah! But at least you'll get really good at navigating the Lost Lands. :D

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They'll claim thieves still can steal deco etc etc etc...thieves are useless now. Always will be unless you play Siege.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A Siege thief is a dangerous but lucrative way of life. But, of course there are no thieves on Siege. ;)

dukarlo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thieves are still very viable on production shards. It does take creativity, time, funds, and cunning. It's not for people with short attention spans as it not always instant gratification