• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

KoTL City

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everything in KoTL City was left on, except KoTL artifacts. Not sure they left the hidden boxes So, you can still do the spawn just no arty drops.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Everything in KoTL City was left on, except KoTL artifacts. Not sure they left the hidden boxes So, you can still do the spawn just no arty drops.
The statement begs the question... why the F^&k would you waste the cores and time to do the floor without the chance to get the artis?

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Expensive way to do it but you can go from 0 fame to 30,ooo in one hour of spawn.

Expensive because the only way to get cores now is purchase from the Lyceum NPC.
I don't think they spawn in the chests anymore, at least I didn't see any after picking locks for an hour.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Expensive way to do it but you can go from 0 fame to 30,ooo in one hour of spawn.

Expensive because the only way to get cores now is purchase from the Lyceum NPC.
I don't think they spawn in the chests anymore, at least I didn't see any after picking locks for an hour.
I went down and there were 3 Tamers doing spawn one day and we all did HONOR and could not believe we all got knight and all the fame at the same time. I only use HONOR when taming upgrades to my GDs so it will last me a long time.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
About a quarter of the people on my shard that did Kotl the same I did didn't even CARE about the drops after getting a full set of rewards (and usually gave them away), and KEPT doing the spawn for over a month ONLY for virtue advancement (Fame for Sacrifice, and the ease of getting Honor). Not to mention there's another benefit, in that if you do Oaks often, it's a great way to get your karma to where you can do multiple rounds Oaks without worrying about going red, then get that lost Karma back in an hour.

Don't assume your play style is the same as others.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Balrons at Fel Blackthorn are cheaper and about as fast to gain honour, karma and fame. With the added benefit of the odd minax drop.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Balrons at Fel Blackthorn are cheaper and about as fast to gain honour, karma and fame. With the added benefit of the odd minax drop.
Kolt we do not have to deal with the PKs and **** talkers.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Kolt we do not have to deal with the PKs and **** talkers.
Tram Blackthorn Balron then. Karma gain is a bit slower, but it will also get you very high karma.
But I have yet to see a PK at Fel Blackthorn at Legends, at least.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Tram Blackthorn Balron then. Karma gain is a bit slower, but it will also get you very high karma.
But I have yet to see a PK at Fel Blackthorn at Legends, at least.
For the HONOR and Fame one spawn that took us less than 1 hour to do with 3 Tamers and GDs we all got 30,000 Fame and Knighthood in Honor so to me it is worth the expense to get it that quickly is all.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Merus since the spawn was still there. I wanted to see if they were still dropping. Wouldn't be the first time the Devs missed something.

As a courtesy to other players, I posted it here so they don't make the same mistake.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Raise fame, sacrifice in middle of spawn. Go back and raise fame to nearly max again, sacrifice next day.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thank you for proving my point.

You apparently lack anything resembling a clue about PvM, other than Sampires.

In the time it takes to kill one Balron with most of my fully trained Mystic/Mage character, I can get 10-20x as much fame/karma from the Kotl spawn. Honor is a bit slower as you can only honor one at a time, and remember that there are Honor game reductions for using spells and pets.

Again - you're assuming everyone uses your template. The characters I use honor on tend to be casters, pets, and non-necro dexxers (in that order). No sampires in the lot (though I do have a rarely used conventional necro, and a half-trained conventional samurai on a secondary account).

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I train honour, karma and fame there with my tamers as well. Good pet training spot if you put the effort to keep it alive.
For a caster, trasher at fel blighted grove would be easier and faster, since mana can prove to be a problem after a while, but I take my main mage from time to time there as well. Wrestling and DCI go a long, long way at that spot.

But sure, if you can afford the cores to keep activating it and it works for you, go for it. I prefer to do something cheaper that can now net me a bunch of scrolls for bods as well.