• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

BODs - Smithing

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Good - I no longer need to sprain fingers and wrist with the fill from container option.

Good - I easily doped out how to prevent point banking on one BOD and apparently it sets it for all as I turned in a SBOD and no questions on point banking ... just the reward list.

@Kyronix @Bleak - BAD: With the 20 Exc Gold Bascinet SBOD, I selected the Gold Ore Map. It is tagged Trammel, but when I go to plot the course it either a) does not do so or b) causes the CC client to halt and crash. I was plotting from my house in Malas but traveled around in Trammel to see if that helped.

Right now I have 23 hours remaining on the map. Anything you can do to fix this?

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Call a GM or Log out in Tram close CC restart CC and log back in. @Spartan
That seems to have done the trick. Thanks! This does not seem to place a marker on the map for a jump-to point (like vendor maps) which would be nice. But who wants/needs an Easy Button? ;)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I believe this 24 hours on items are bad and most useful for scripters. Real players do not play 24 hours in row. I believe this 24 hours should only count on a logged in char, not if the item is in bank or a secure ot on a vendor.

Maybe make it 6 hours, you can turn on and off, this way the items would be more effective for real players and not only for cripters.

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I went to dig a Golden Ore Map; it gave me 244 large & non-stop spawn of Golden Ores in total, after which the map disappears.
That took about 5 minutes to finish.

Gonna see more of Fire Beetles around towns now!

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
You mean you mark the plot from the map on UOAM or other map and then finish them later?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You don't get the ore after the map expires, so doing that wouldn't extend the 24 hours duration of the mining map.
I wouldn't waste points on golden maps either. And it would be nice if we had shadow, copper and bronze maps as well.

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is that simple. Dont over think it. Map tells you the cords. The spot is at center of map, though there is no pin mark.
Get a sextant to help. That's it.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Sounds confusing to me and as I may only have 30 min a day for mining and as guildmaster can be interrupted 5 min after I get map and start mining, the map seem very useless to me.

Grazz't1970

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Sounds like a lot of work to find the coordinates of a guaranteed ore spawn...using a sextant or if in EC pulling up that hard to find world map and mousing over your own dot...