• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help with refinements

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
TC is currently down, so i cant perform proper testing on this:

im trying to refine a 5 studded peices suit taking the resists down to 65/65/65/65/65 and DCI up to 70.

but when i tried refining "Deflecting" "of Invulnerabily", i get 4 mods, and 15% chance to get the 5th mod :(
refining.png

so the 5dci is not guarantied??? and it could go wrong getting -4resists +4dci???

thx

Attachments

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, 4 DCI guaranteed, the last one is only a chance to get it.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
:( sad, thanks,

So nothing can increase that 15% chance for the 5th mod?
Try sacrificing a 20 faced dice to the RNG god to try to gain his favour.
Keep in mind that he does hate players with a passion, though.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lol, last question, what happens if i pick 4 resists out of 5?
The easiest way to get to 65 resists & 70 dci cap via refinements is to use a 6pc set of refine-able armor.

refine all 6 pieces and choose the order in which you lower resistances so don't end up with -5 in everything and -0 in one resistance (because the last resistance chosen is the one that has a chance to fail)

1) -1/-1/-1/-1/-0 4/5 (69/69/69/69/70)
2) -0/-1/-1/-1/-1 4/5 (69/68/68/68/69)
3) -1/-0/-1/-1/-1 4/5 (68/68/67/67/68)
4) -1/-1/-0/-1/-1 4/5 (67/67/67/66/67)
5) -1/-1/-1/-0/-1 4/5 (66/66/66/66/66)
6) -1-1-1-1-1-1 5/5 (65/65/65/65/65) -only one (15% bonus refinement)

you can accomplish this by using invulnerability refinement on a single armor piece, then fortification refinements on all others (1-5).

This will not work with gargoyle characters because they only have 5 refine-able armor slots. so if you want a 70 dci cap on a gargoyle, you need to get the 15% proc on each piece...

JFSF

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The invul level gives you 4 mods and a 15% chance at the fifth. I've tried I think 18 invul and haven't got a bonus 5th mod yet. I posted a suggestion about the forged metal tool could be used to get the bonus mod. Maybe next publish. Fingers crossed.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The invul level gives you 4 mods and a 15% chance at the fifth. I've tried I think 18 invul and haven't got a bonus 5th mod yet. I posted a suggestion about the forged metal tool could be used to get the bonus mod. Maybe next publish. Fingers crossed.
Same here i just failed to get the 5th mod on 8 parts in a row, 15% is such a low rate, but im not going to cry about it :p im still happy with my 65dci.

Btw thx @Finley Grant & @JFSF for the offer ^^

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@CovenantX
Are you sure that the fortification will do the Job? I thought they are 3 guranteed Bonus 4
If you refine 6 pieces like how I described you could use 5 fortifications with the 30% 4th bonus proc on them so that it increases/lowers resistance, and 1 invulnerability with the 15% +1 bonus proc.

you could also use 6 invulnerability refinements and hope they all fail except one for the bonus... which shouldn't be too hard.