• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Not banking BOD's

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why when you decide not to bank and say get 300 points, why can you only buy one item? Is this intended? 300=60 Banked..silly no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sarak

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
in the publish notes you will lose the points. say you get banked to 300 and choose and item that is 85. you lose the other poitns according to the notes

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
in the publish notes you will lose the points. say you get banked to 300 and choose and item that is 85. you lose the other poitns according to the notes
Well now...that's lame lol. Thank you for the quick response

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well now...that's lame lol. Thank you for the quick response

The Banked Points appear to work like turning in a BOD with the get now option. If you pick a lesser point value item you lose the remainder of the points for that BOD. They probably should have been more clear on how the Point System worked in both Get-It-Now and Banked Points or better yet they should have left it on TC longer. I knew about the Get-it-Now but did not know about losing the points with the Bank Point System, sorry for your loss but now we know.

Roxy_ATL

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can anyone help me please! I will fill maybe two bods and then it makes me choose a reward. and it is only letting me choose between the first 3 items on list, because it is making me choose every couple bods.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Its only letting you choose the first 3 items from the list, because that's all the points you have available. I love how banked points show with like 10 decimal points. Wth is the point of that. 1.0000000 points. it's a silly system, poorly designed, even more poorly tested, that the same people that love everything else this dev team does...loves. I guess that's considered successful...*shrug*

Roxy_ATL

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sorry.. I mean making me choose lol but I think I just had the wrong thing clicked on the deed and was taking them now instead of banking. Ty for the response :)

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Its only letting you choose the first 3 items from the list, because that's all the points you have available. I love how banked points show with like 10 decimal points. Wth is the point of that. 1.0000000 points. it's a silly system, poorly designed, even more poorly tested, that the same people that love everything else this dev team does...loves. I guess that's considered successful...*shrug*
Yeah I don't get that either...here are my banked tinker points:
BankedTinker.jpg

Some BOD's are worth x.2 value and some are worth x.5 value and I have found one that was worth 0.7...so if I turn in a x.2 and an x.5 I'll get x.7.....if I turn in another x.7 BOD that will bring me to 1.4...so not sure where the .099893 is coming from...it should always round up to the next whole number yes?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm wondering where you're getting the x.5 and x.7 BODs.

As far as I know there's only 2 values.

Large BODs = Bank is x0.2 (20%)
Small BODs = Bank is 0.02 (2%)

I'm pulling BODs for all the skills across 9 different characters (only one pulls 4+ skills' BODs)

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah I don't get that either...here are my banked tinker points:
View attachment 57200

Some BOD's are worth x.2 value and some are worth x.5 value and I have found one that was worth 0.7...so if I turn in a x.2 and an x.5 I'll get x.7.....if I turn in another x.7 BOD that will bring me to 1.4...so not sure where the .099893 is coming from...it should always round up to the next whole number yes?
My Banked Points looked like that on TC but so far on Prodo Shard it has held to the %2 for SBODS and the %20 for LBODs.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Maybe because they tweaked it after and I'm still stuck with pre-tweaked points on Origin? :/ I guess I'll have to see once I spend them lol.

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think perhaps the value is a 10 digit list of numbers and decimal point. so if you have 6054 points it might show as 6054.00000 (<- 5 zeros)
but 2 points would show as 2.00000000 (<- 8 zeros)
each totaling 10 characters. (just a guess)

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe because they tweaked it after and I'm still stuck with pre-tweaked points on Origin? :/ I guess I'll have to see once I spend them lol.
I didn't do any Bank Points on Baja while we were a Test Shard so it sounds like it was just like TC and they tweaked it for the world wide. I forgot that you are a Origin ORIGINAL, SORRY