• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Four new DYE colors

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can anyone confirm for sure what skills these come from so I don't start collecting bods I really don't need? I thought it was Alchemy, but after this from patch notes:
  • Moved two existing dyes from the Alchemy reward list to the Cooking reward list.
I'm unsure whether I should be collecting cooking bods, alchemy bods.. or both. And I have no idea what color comes from where! :confused:

Kolka

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Patron
Can anyone confirm for sure what skills these come from so I don't start collecting bods I really don't need? I thought it was Alchemy, but after this from patch notes:
  • Moved two existing dyes from the Alchemy reward list to the Cooking reward list.
I'm unsure whether I should be collecting cooking bods, alchemy bods.. or both. And I have no idea what color comes from where! :confused:
If you go to the alchemist or cook NPC and single click them, it should bring up a menu. One option is claim rewards - this should bring up a list. They will all be greyed out, but you should be able to see what is available from each.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are actually 5 colours, Comparing the Alchemist list on Test Center and Lake Superior (where I bought enough alchemy to see the rewards list with costs) the two that are missing are Umbran Violet and Zento Orchid. The next problem I have is with the cooking list - none of the known Lbods found on test center have a value high enough to reach the new highest value :(

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ughhh, this helps me none so far, lol. I thought we got just four new dyes, the same colors that we got as new colors for bod cloth?

Colors being greyed out doesn't help. :(

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
there are 5, both cloth and dyes. I collected all 5 on test center. Colours are, in the order they appeared on the Alchemy reward list:
Wild Azul, Umbran Violet, Zento Orchid, Dull Ruby, Poppy White

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
even thought they are greyed out they should still show the name when you mouse over them on the reward list, no?

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
there are 5, both cloth and dyes. I collected all 5 on test center. Colours are, in the order they appeared on the Alchemy reward list:
Wild Azul, Umbran Violet, Zento Orchid, Dull Ruby, Poppy White
Petra, any chance you'd be willing to post some pics of items made or dyed in the new colors? I think I'm excited about the purplish and reddish ones but haven't seen them in action. :)

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
we need to get some Hue ID on those colors people!!!!

STAT!!!

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since October, I've been revisiting using dyed bone armor suits in conjunction with wraith or vampire form to roleplay various undead. For instance, this particular character I roleplay as an apparition.

I wonder what bone sets with the new dyes would look like and what sort of undead I should roleplay with them.

Slappyjipper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Ugh the colors of these new dyes are hideous... It won't be long until UO starts to look like some of those awful free shards where everybody runs around in insane neon dyes suits :S

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ugh the colors of these new dyes are hideous... It won't be long until UO starts to look like some of those awful free shards where everybody runs around in insane neon dyes suits :S
I agree they are kind of cheesy. They opened this Pandora's box when they launched and introduced ice white etc. now everyone is looking for that new cool shiny color. Can't say they are "hideous" though. I think the Wind Azul looks cool on clothing. Especially with the outlines..they just don't really fit in UO. But hey...at least u can't dye pets..."yet" Give Air Freshener anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I was thinking maybe it was the choices of outfits... but I don't know... honestly I think most those colors are hideous. The pink and purple on the right aren't too horrible... and maybe that blue would be ok on a dress or something not really sure but the others... ew...