• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Good Gawd.......Bods!

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
@Kyronix
I Received a bod (cooking skill) to make an item, which I have not yet learned the recipe for. Seems this recipe came out in 2006 for a gingerbread cookie..I do not have 1 of these, so now what? Can I get this in game now or no?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix
I Received a bod (cooking skill) to make an item, which I have not yet learned the recipe for. Seems this recipe came out in 2006 for a gingerbread cookie..I do not have 1 of these, so now what? Can I get this in game now or no?
Kiss your .006853 banked points goodbye, toss the thing in the trash and move on.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you ask around, you can probably find someone with the recipe - I know that every shard has at least one person that hoards holiday gifts.

In fact, on LA, I kept a couple extra recipes of that type specifically in case someone I knew needed one later - I can't be the only one out there like that.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
@Sinder Shayde - you're on Napa? When I get home will scrounge around in my banks and see if I still have one on that shard.
Indeed, the Gingerbread recipe was part of a holiday gift many, many years ago.

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Kiss your .006853 banked points goodbye, toss the thing in the trash and move on.
The thought to trash it came to mind but it is part of a LBOD I had hoped to fill, so hopefully I can come across a recipe to fill it.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Perhaps you missed the sarcasm... but in all seriousness... .2 makes it SO much better!
Not many people are even going to use the point system so %0.20 for SBODs and the %20 for LBODs is just fine.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Question concerning values...

I'm seeing 2% for banking SMALL BODs

But LARGE BODs bank at 20%.

Was this on Test Center - or something they sprang on us in going live?

It at least addresses the concern that people might get more points for turning in small components, than for the large itself.....

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Question concerning values...

I'm seeing 2% for banking SMALL BODs

But LARGE BODs bank at 20%.

Was this on Test Center - or something they sprang on us in going live?

It at least addresses the concern that people might get more points for turning in small components, than for the large itself.....
Those are the %s for TC and all shards

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Those are the %s for TC and all shards
I've been running into people today where some of them thought all BODs were 2% - and others that thought all BODs were 20%.....

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've been running into people today where some of them thought all BODs were 2% - and others that thought all BODs were 20%.....
Yea I heard a lot of people whining about them so I came to the conclusion that #1 they did bother testing them and #2 alls they were doing was repeating all the same statements the whiners were saying.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Turned in 10 10x chainmail lbods for a valorite runic. I was happy with that... didn't have to use val ingots either

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
YEAH FOR FRODO.... HE FINALLY FIGURED OUT THE PROBLEM!!
It is only a problem in your mind. Let me guess you really do not do BODs that much and alls you want is an easy button. BODs have been here for how long and now all of a sudden they are just so unfair. Well this new loot system sucks even more for the regular player so where is all your whining to fix it with an easy button. How many Val Runic Hammers, at 7M per, would it take to buy 1 piece of this new loot at 1.5B and you whine how unfair the BOD system is, what a joke. And for your info I knew it all the time, some aren't as stupid as others.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It is only a problem in your mind. Let me guess you really do not do BODs that much and alls you want is an easy button. BODs have been here for how long and now all of a sudden they are just so unfair. Well this new loot system sucks even more for the regular player so where is all your whining to fix it with an easy button. How many Val Runic Hammers, at 7M per, would it take to buy 1 piece of this new loot at 1.5B and you whine how unfair the BOD system is, what a joke. And for your info I knew it all the time, some aren't as stupid as others.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the BOD system was (is) a complete cluster. That is why for the vast majority of the time it has been out it has remained the domain of scripters (and a few honest players who have hours on end to play UO and nothing better to do). Unfortunatley, I don't see much in this update that will change that. 6 months from now when the newness of some of the rewards has rubbed off and the scripters have tanked the prices of them all, it will be back to the same group of people that were doing them before (and making little to no profit for the honest player).

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the BOD system was (is) a complete cluster. That is why for the vast majority of the time it has been out it has remained the domain of scripters (and a few honest players who have hours on end to play UO and nothing better to do). Unfortunatley, I don't see much in this update that will change that. 6 months from now when the newness of some of the rewards has rubbed off and the scripters have tanked the prices of them all, it will be back to the same group of people that were doing them before (and making little to no profit for the honest player).
:facepalm: WHATEVER :next: