• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Publish 95 surprise: Blackrock stacks!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Good news, i hope that the refinements will become stackable one day :)
I go out of the way after each night of T-maps to see which refinements I have can be amalgamated. My refinement boxes (takes 2 to hold them all) dropped by about 20 last night, after I brought in 10 refinements. One thing you can do to reduce counts is to work towards 3 amalgamators per refinement type, then use them to "stack" the level 2, 3 and 4 refinements. level 1s combine at 2, so you do those separate, and level 5 are so rare you don't need to stack them (I've gotten ONE so far)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I just made a bunch of Blackrock stew for my vendor earlier today, as part of training my cook.

BTW, out of 30 pieces of blackrock left after the cooking, I was able to reduce it down to 10 stacks (4 of which were single pieces, and at least one stack had 8)

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
Newly mined 'small pieces of blackrock' (in blue circle): stack without exceptions.

Older pieces (some, if not all, from Magincia event): some stack, some don't.

The old pieces, that stack, don't stack with the newly mined ones. :smile2:

BlackrockStack.png

Last edited:

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wonder if they decay now when left on the ground or the floor.

Dai43

Visitor
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
This makes me very happy :) will give me a lot of lockdown back :)

Dai43

Visitor
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Why use lockdowns on items that do not decay? Now that they stack will they decay?
Haha after all these years, I did not realize they don't decay. I keep the stocked up for stew for our banes and for my vendor. Learned my something new today :)