• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

silly question but......

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
im sure this has been asked but i cant seem to find the answer and my wondering aimlessly around hasnt helped me any so here i am, hat in hand asking.....

where do we find the dudes to get the new BODs from?

i just assumed that the mages that you get the inscription stuff from would have been the ones to offer up the BODs for inscription but i was wrong on that guess.

Herbalists and Alchemists NPCs dont give ya the grinder BODs.

so ya im at a loss.

i havnt even tried to look for the carpentry or tinkering ones yet.

anyone?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
you know what this might be a simple fact that i have no idea how to do BODs.

because i just went to the Blacksmith shop and i cant figure out how to get a BOD from them either.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
yes, BOD virgin here.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
tinker ones were on Tinkers, Carpentry ones were on Carpenters. i never bothered with the rest. no time to play lately :(

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
do you need to say something to them to get the BODs?

Vampyre Kitty

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just walk up and i think its left click i believe... then select bulk order deed info. You can get up to 3 at a time.

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
took me a few minutes to figure out where to get the inscription bods, the scibes are location in the library, library in brit is the best one, if your guy is a carpenter also, the carpenter vender is right there as well

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Alchemists have alchemy BODs, Boyers have bowcraft BODs, Carpenters have carpentry BODs, Cooks have cooking BODs, Scribes have inscription BODs, Tinkers have tinkering BODs.

You have to have at least 0.1 in the skill to see the BOD info context item.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
You have to have at least 0.1 in the skill to see the BOD info context item.
ah ha!
that there was my problem, i was on a mage!
though he has inscription i didn't check the library, silly me, i went to the mage shops.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
so i tried to bribe...... still trying to figure out how to pay him 0 gold......

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
so i tried to bribe...... still trying to figure out how to pay him 0 gold......

Simply hand him the BOD, it's all automagic. The gold part is fairly nonsensical.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I love my zero bribes when I get them. Best thing for bribing is making an Atlas with all the crafter locations that you need. Makes the bribing process much faster.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
holy smokes.
so i decided to start this BOD stuff with my scribe.
so inscription BODs.
decided to try to pick up the 3 titles.
so the 25 and 50 point ones i got right off the bat, no problem.
than i started to bank points to get the last one.
need to get up to 210 points.
what..... a..... PAIN!
i put in a solid hour at lunch break at work today, loaded up a beetle with blanks and regs and sat at the Scribe and just collected BOD, filled, turned in, rinse repeat.
a solid hour or just power-gaming and i got all the way up to 15.78888888
this is gonna take me like 15 hours to get to 210!!!

unless of course i fill one of the Larges i got while chaining smalls.

in thinking about it Inscription is gonna probably be the hardest to do as you have to constantly mana regen while making the stuff.
all the other BOD skills you can just bang out the items and your only hindered by how fast you can drop more supplies into your pack.
of course i had to pick inscription to start with!

well, guess i got my hobby for the winter.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I have been looting scrolls from the mages and balrons at Dungeon Blackthorn when I am working minax drops, fame and karma to help a bit with that.
The liches room at Doom is also a good place. The Dark Father at Doom Gauntlet is a decent source of bulk high level scrolls as well.
Faster than scribing them...