• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Vet Reward Questions

Lady Kyo

Seasoned Veteran
Sorry if this is the wrong place for my question or if it has been asked, but my search did not produce an answer.

I reactivated an account from 2000. It was closed in 2006. It shows its 54 months old. It was reactivated Sept 30 and I let it got unpaid from Oct 31 until today (Nov 17).
The account would fall between 2 and 4 yrs old. Is it or should it be eligible for a the 2nd and 3rd year Vet Reward now that I have paid for it or did I screw myself out of by not paying for it sooner than today>

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The 54 months is all that matters. You are eligible for 4 year veteran rewards and lower. You will not get more veteran rewards choices until the account reaches 60 months old.

JohnnyO

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You're only credited for the time your account is active.

Lady Kyo

Seasoned Veteran
I haven't gotten ANY Vet Reward choice, this is what I am saying. My account is 54 months old, reactivated Sept 30 and I let it slip back into "non payment" Oct 31 and paid for it again starting today.

What I am asking is shouldn't I bet getting the Vet Rewards on that particular account that everyone else got that came out today? Because I did not. Or am I not getting the rewards option BECAUSE I only JUST paid for it again today (having let 3 week lapse from "active" to "inactive" and back to "active" again). Or should I just email Broadsword/UO ?

Hopefully, that makes more sense?

Packrat22

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Which reward are you interested in?
I think you might be confusing the different gifts from broadsword.

Skalazar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
You don't get extra veteran reward picks when new selections come out. You will only be able to get more picks when your account ages another full year.

I believe thats what your asking. So If you've used up your picks already you won't get more until your account turns 5 years.

Donzer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It has nothing to do with them adding new vet rewards, as the other people mentions, it has to do with the age of your account. You will recieve new vet picks when you account hits 60 months.
Unless you are absolutely sure that you still have vet picks left, then something could be wrong. But if this is the case you need to make sure that you havent turned off the notifications gump. Think it can be done with UO assist and maybe in EC, im unsure of these things though.

Lady Kyo

Seasoned Veteran
It has nothing to do with them adding new vet rewards, as the other people mentions, it has to do with the age of your account. You will recieve new vet picks when you account hits 60 months.
Unless you are absolutely sure that you still have vet picks left, then something could be wrong. But if this is the case you need to make sure that you havent turned off the notifications gump. Think it can be done with UO assist and maybe in EC, im unsure of these things though.
Thank you! With these new Vet Rewards that came out today, I assumed that I would have an option gump "pop up" for those. As the account was dormant the last 10 years (which is why although its 16 years old, its "active time" is 54 months) and I only just returned, I had forgotten until Donzer posted to spark my memory on how Vet rewards are redeemed. So, sometime in 2006, I must have used my 4th year Vet Reward option, which is why I am not getting one NOW.

If I understand you correctly, at age 60 months (in 5 months time), as long as I do not have a break in paying for this account, I will have the reward gump pop up.

Thank you!

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
One other thing to consider... if you use UOA to launch UO, it has an option to auto cancel vet rewards. If that is the case, it is possible you have vet rewards from when you played before that are having their gump suppressed.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
if you want to know your vet reward status, you can always email [email protected] and ask them. it may be a day or two or Soon™ until they respond though

Lady Kyo

Seasoned Veteran
One other thing to consider... if you use UOA to launch UO, it has an option to auto cancel vet rewards. If that is the case, it is possible you have vet rewards from when you played before that are having their gump suppressed.
If this is the case, since I did use UOAssist in 2006, and I am running the game in EC, how do I Un-suppress this gump?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Don't think UOA works with EC, nor do I know if the EC has a pop up gump or the ability to suppress one.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am no longer using UOAssist.
Blocking the Vet reward with UOA only works when you use UOA so if you are using the EC and you do not have the Vet reward gump than you do not have any unused Vet Rewards. You will get 2 Vet Rewards whenever your account turns 60 mo.

Lady Kyo

Seasoned Veteran
Thanks everyone. I can only assume that I used up my 4th year reward in 2006 before I let the account go. I simply had forgotten how the system worked, having been gone for 10 years. I did think that with the new set of rewards that came out yesterday that since I had a "Vet" account I would simply log in and tada, it would be available for me. What I did not realise is those who have redeemed them in the last 24 hours have probably been hitting "cancel" on the pop up gump and saving them.

Cheer!