• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO Wiki Bulk Orders Section Updated!

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Esca, the fermenting barrel - do you need Alchemy AND Cooking or will either work?

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
nice writeup! I noticed that on the Iron Weapon 5-part LBODs the reward points are 50-100higher than that of the 6-part. Is that transposition error?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Another thing I am no longer getting is Fame OR Gold when I turn in BOD's....either they changed that or broke it so that needs to be fixed too :)

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
article says
The first reward is gold. Large BODs have a set gold value by type, while small BODs give gold equal to half its vendor’s value (So, if an object is valued at 200 gold outside, then it would yield 100 gold multiplied by the requested amount). All these rewards will be deposited directly into the character’s bank, with a check given for Large BODs whose gold reward is greater than 60,000 gold.

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Cailleach
Im afraid I did not write the article so I cannot answer any questions or take any credit :) I just noticed it had been updated, I'm sure the person who did will be watching this thread, taking in all the feedback and such :) A big thanks to them for all the effort they put in as well.

Last edited:

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
article says
The first reward is gold. Large BODs have a set gold value by type, while small BODs give gold equal to half its vendor’s value (So, if an object is valued at 200 gold outside, then it would yield 100 gold multiplied by the requested amount). All these rewards will be deposited directly into the character’s bank, with a check given for Large BODs whose gold reward is greater than 60,000 gold.
Yeah check your bank balance before and after you turn a BOD in, no gold...and no fame either.

Working on a tinkering chart as I get/ turn in BODS, will organize it more as I get more.

yepd.jpg

(Side note, if you could do the charts on the uo wiki like this, it would be MUCH easier to read..either left justify it all, right justify it all, or center it all, as it is now it's difficult to read)

ew.jpg

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
nice writeup! I noticed that on the Iron Weapon 5-part LBODs the reward points are 50-100higher than that of the 6-part. Is that transposition error?
No, it's been that way for over a decade.

Back in the day, after the last BOD reward revision, Tower of Roses ASSUMED it was a transposition, and had the 20 normal 6-parters giving POF 20% and the 5-parter not. However, in actual testing, it's only the 5-parters that do so, and the numbers that used to be given in the EA help (long gone - disappeared about the time that the "Origin.com" migration occurred) reflected this - though it had a number of other errors.

I have been doing those 5-parters for POF, and getting POF, since at least 2005.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah check your bank balance before and after you turn a BOD in, no gold...and no fame either.
This is not my experience. I turned in 2 filled bods after I read this to check, one tailor, and just to be sure that wasn't just 'historic', one tinker. Here's what my system messages said:
turn-in-tailor.jpg turn-in-tinker.jpg

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
This is not my experience. I turned in 2 filled bods after I read this to check, one tailor, and just to be sure that wasn't just 'historic', one tinker. Here's what my system messages said:
View attachment 56946 View attachment 56947
On Origin? With the Publish? Cus I'm not getting that at all and I have turned in a LOT of BOD's since we got the publish.

banked.jpg

These are my banked points...so yeah I've turned in a lot...and no gold and no fame....I check every time.

Oh, and this is the message I get:

message.jpg

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't have a character on Origin, it's on test center, but I didn't 'bank' the points, that's for straightforward turn in.

I think I understand what has happened. Fame and gold are awarded when you claim the reward, if you bank the points, no reward has been claimed, so you don't get the fame and gold either. I'll log in a char that has some saved points and see what happens when she uses them to claim a reward.

Yup, when she claimed a reward with her banked points she got gold and fame.

Last edited:

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
how does this reward work?
Talisman (10 charges) Spellbook Improvement

does it stack? what are the improvements?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Took my Legendary smith to forge yesterday for BoDs...got my usual 10 pc iron weapon, 20 pc iron weapon, and 20 ex iron weapon. Geeeez....friggin ridiculous.

Tailor got a 10 hat, 20 pc tunic, 10 exc hat...even more sickening.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
On Origin? With the Publish? Cus I'm not getting that at all and I have turned in a LOT of BOD's since we got the publish.

View attachment 56948

These are my banked points...so yeah I've turned in a lot...and no gold and no fame....I check every time.

Oh, and this is the message I get:

View attachment 56949
You only get gold and fame when you claim a reward - whether that be as a result of redeeming banked points or redeeming a BOD for rewards at the time of turnin. You don't receive gold and fame when you bank them, but when you redeem a reward with some points.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't have a character on Origin, it's on test center, but I didn't 'bank' the points, that's for straightforward turn in.

I think I understand what has happened. Fame and gold are awarded when you claim the reward, if you bank the points, no reward has been claimed, so you don't get the fame and gold either. I'll log in a char that has some saved points and see what happens when she uses them to claim a reward.

Yup, when she claimed a reward with her banked points she got gold and fame.
I did it banked points and claim the reward now and recieved no Fame or Gold Origin Shard NEWS - [UO.Com] Publish 95 Comes to Origin, Izumo & Baja