• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Evil plan thwarted

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I was schemi... err examine the ore maps. I figured well if I really want valorite ingots why would I get that map? I can just get the agapite map and use my prospector tool and gargoyle pickax to upgrade the ore. So musing to myself how clever I am I get my tools and head out to test some mining!

Wouldn't you know it. The ax and prospector tool doesn't upgrade the ore /:

Blackweb

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But, I believe you can still get that and the Cauldron of Transmutation and change them from verite to valorite. I haven't tried this yet, so I can't be certain.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
But, I believe you can still get that and the Cauldron of Transmutation and change them from verite to valorite. I haven't tried this yet, so I can't be certain.
I've not chosen one of those yet and I would be curious if it has uses or strictly the time limit and...if it can be set to anyone to use. That would be nice to give everyone the bump.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I was schemi... err examine the ore maps. I figured well if I really want valorite ingots why would I get that map? I can just get the agapite map and use my prospector tool and gargoyle pickax to upgrade the ore. So musing to myself how clever I am I get my tools and head out to test some mining!

Wouldn't you know it. The ax and prospector tool doesn't upgrade the ore /:
Clearly this would be OP, resulting in a complete crafter imbalance and the eventual shutdown of UO.

It never ceases to amaze me when the devs develop functionality meant to provide a limited use bonus... and then completely neuter it where it would actually be worth using.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Clearly this would be OP, resulting in a complete crafter imbalance and the eventual shutdown of UO.

It never ceases to amaze me when the devs develop functionality meant to provide a limited use bonus... and then completely neuter it where it would actually be worth using.
You have to admit it would kinda make the valorite maps useless. @Bleak @Kyronix I do think they should drop the point cost or increase the amount of ingots mined. Currently not worth the ingots to fill the lbod.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've not chosen one of those yet and I would be curious if it has uses or strictly the time limit and...if it can be set to anyone to use. That would be nice to give everyone the bump.
Usage. I think it was ~200 ore that you can mine but you have to do it within 24 hours.

Shandara

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For someone like me that does a lot and only BODs I think its great! My only complaint is we don't have maps for the lower ore like Shadow. No one is willing to sell me their Shadow Ingots and when I try to mine using Garg Pick and Prospector Tool I get higher end ore. Seems like I always run our of Shadow and not any of the others. I have not tried the Cauldrons yet as I have only done Blacksmith, Tailoring, and Tinkering BODs in mass quantity on the Test Center. I too am working on a spreadsheet for points awarded immediately vs banked. It is my intention to start a new thread and place the excel sheet in it and a PDF version so that all may read it. Looking for volunteers on who has done any quantity of the other five trades to gather data on what the BOD will be worth.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You have to admit it would kinda make the valorite maps useless. @Bleak @Kyronix I do think they should drop the point cost or increase the amount of ingots mined. Currently not worth the ingots to fill the lbod.
Or it would increase the value of prospector tools and gargoyle pickaxes....

But either way, would allowing those two items to function like they are supposed to REALLY make that much difference? I mean with ALL the other crap that needs fixing we had to make sure you couldn't bump an ore vein from a reward map with another reward that's only function is to bump an ore vein?
#justsilly

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Or it would increase the value of prospector tools and gargoyle pickaxes....

But either way, would allowing those two items to function like they are supposed to REALLY make that much difference? I mean with ALL the other crap that needs fixing we had to make sure you couldn't bump an ore vein from a reward map with another reward that's only function is to bump an ore vein?
#justsilly
It gives you 2 things.
1st it gives you a guaranteed spot where you can get that ore color
2nd it gives you a lot more ore than you would norm. get.
If I am not mistaken a Aga gives more ore than a Ver and a Ver gives more than a Val so you want the Aga quantity with a Val ore. NO TY.
The tools needed to upgrade are only 200 points, that is a 10 exp weps SBOD. Most BOD runners throw those on the ground in the smith shops for anyone to pick up.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well I got logged in, but my home shard isn't listed!

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It gives you 2 things.
1st it gives you a guaranteed spot where you can get that ore color
2nd it gives you a lot more ore than you would norm. get.
If I am not mistaken a Aga gives more ore than a Ver and a Ver gives more than a Val so you want the Aga quantity with a Val ore. NO TY.
The tools needed to upgrade are only 200 points, that is a 10 exp weps SBOD. Most BOD runners throw those on the ground in the smith shops for anyone to pick up.
OMG... with the millions and millions of ingots out there and script miners (just because they are part of the reality we live in) who can mine more every single day than this map is gonna give.... someone getting 50 extra valorite ingots is going to break UO.
#superextrasilly

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OMG... with the millions and millions of ingots out there and script miners (just because they are part of the reality we live in) who can mine more every single day than this map is gonna give.... someone getting 50 extra valorite ingots is going to break UO.
#superextrasilly
:facepalm:

MoxZinnia

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
If you use a gargoyle pickaxe with the map, can you still scare up eles? Because that's the part I really care about, I want those eles!