• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Add Support for Multi-Clienting!

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd like the developers to add support for using multiple clients at the same time. Right now I'm doing it & have not had many problems, but there are a few instances where one or both of my accounts crashed.

Plus, maybe add some features for multiple clients running at the same time; like split screen, etc.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd like the developers to add support for using multiple clients at the same time. Right now I'm doing it & have not had many problems, but there are a few instances where one or both of my accounts crashed.

Plus, maybe add some features for multiple clients running at the same time; like split screen, etc.
EC crashes for me sometimes that is true, but SPLIT SCREEN OPTION just get another monitor!

Enziet

Journeyman
Get a 30' 4k Monitor. I can run comfortably 4 instances of UO at once. 6 is I absolutely need to, on just one monitor. I have 3 of these things. Time to get with the times man :p

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love multi-clienting. I hope you dont take it away from us. Its really cool that I can help my buddy on greatlakes and train my crafter on siege at the same time. Again, I love multi-clienting.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I thought this said "Add Support for Multi-Boxing!"... :oops:

Hehe :p

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mesanna already supports multi-boxing by sticking her head in the sand and pretending its not ruining EM events, by blaming the problem on Wilki, and by not having the ovarian fortitude to crush the cheaters like the selfish worms they are.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Someone please explain what Multi-Boxing is
Multiboxing refers to playing as multiple separate characters concurrently in an MMORPGs. This can either be achieved by using multiple separate machines to run the game or by running multiple separate instances of the game. Might be considered a form of cheating

upload_2016-11-15_13-24-44.png

OR

upload_2016-11-15_13-34-29.png

#ILLEGAL

The End :D

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Multi-boxing/multi-plexing is a bit more cheaty than the above example. Running multiple machines wouldn't necessarily allow you to play all those characters simultaneously, thus wouldn't necessarily be illegal.

Multi-boxing, as far as UO is concerned, does rely on being able to multi-client. The perpetrators open multiple CC clients on the same machine (usually 3-5) and log in on virtually identical characters on each account, they then use third party software to replicate keystrokes and mouse movements across all those clients. This allows all those characters to act as one, xheal via scripts, and generally bend the EM drop mechanic over a barrel and have their way.

When you see a bunch of near-identical characters stacked on top of eachother moving as one unit, they are a multi-boxer. The favorite type seems to be wraith throwers, though I've also seen sampires.

Mesanna likes to hide behind the falsehood that the GMs can only action the account of someone who is AFK macroing in regards to this problem, even though the RoC/ToS blatantly state otherwise. I can only see tinfoil hat reasons for her to continue to allow such activuties.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Multi-boxing/multi-plexing is a bit more cheaty than the above example. Running multiple machines wouldn't necessarily allow you to play all those characters simultaneously, thus wouldn't necessarily be illegal.

Multi-boxing, as far as UO is concerned, does rely on being able to multi-client. The perpetrators open multiple CC clients on the same machine (usually 3-5) and log in on virtually identical characters on each account, they then use third party software to replicate keystrokes and mouse movements across all those clients. This allows all those characters to act as one, xheal via scripts, and generally bend the EM drop mechanic over a barrel and have their way.

When you see a bunch of near-identical characters stacked on top of eachother moving as one unit, they are a multi-boxer. The favorite type seems to be wraith throwers, though I've also seen sampires.

Mesanna likes to hide behind the falsehood that the GMs can only action the account of someone who is AFK macroing in regards to this problem, even though the RoC/ToS blatantly state otherwise. I can only see tinfoil hat reasons for her to continue to allow such activuties.

I believe the RoC/ToS basically states they can do whatever they want for any reason they chose to against your accounts should they decide to... it's their game they can decide who plays it. They honestly don't need to "justify" their reasoning... when you "accept" to pay them to play and click the "I accept" button you basically give them every right to kick you from their service... this isn't like buying a car and owning it... you actually don't "own" anything in UO... you placed a house and put stuff in it that you got... but none of it is "yours" it all belongs to EA/Broadsword... and it's their sandbox they can do what they want...

So that said... they don't care if you cheat basically because "anyway you want to win you win"..... is as stated... why we get all annoyed when they fail to follow up on their own ToS I don't know... but that's how it's been for years.

Someone will of course say that if they actually DID ban all the cheaters there would be no one left to play... which is an out and out lie. If they banned the worst of the worst cheaters and made a stern example of all the ones using illegal 3rd party programs by suspending all their accounts for awhile.... the message would get across that they KNOW who's actually cheating. And to stop it. 3 strikes your out. I think if they actually started to take a stand a bunch of old players who quit because they got tired of watching cheaters win... would return.