• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Idea: Weightless bag.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a bag that weighs 1 stone no matter what's inside of it. I don't know if that would be helpful in some exploit or another (if so ignore the idea) but it would be amazingly helpful for moving stuff from house to house, or house to bank, or even floor to floor inside the house.

I can't be alone in being annoying by moving a lot of heavy stuff, bit by bit.

General Lee

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Maybe if it had a 1 or 2 hour time limit? That way It would only be helpful for moving short distances like when your moving house or cleaning up an IDOC.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Uvtha most heavy items can be added to community deeds, so if you have a community box, your problem is solved and it can't be abused to run around with lots of unlimited potions, bandages, arrows, gold. or gathering lots of leather, wood, ore without visite house or bank.

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ya it's a pain moving heavy stuff from house to house. the linked chest would answer that well. but perhaps that would be exploited by someone drawing out the same item at both ends at the same time to try to dup the item.
perhaps lock it on one end and it can only be opened on the unlocked end.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Sorry Uvtha, but I can't agree to this one. As FrejaSP pointed out (and I have used in moves) a commodity deed box in the house can turn thousands of stones of resources into a 1stone item really fast. When I move, any wood chests are deleted - my crafter can make more, all resources are on deeds. That leaves damn-all little for hauling on a packie or on me.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Interesting idea... but while such an item would be useful, it's one of those examples of an 'easy button' that this game just doesn't need. I can understand it's inconvenient to use pack horses (especially when moving to or from Fel) or having to spend time deeding up resources, but a bag with infinite weight would end up being abused.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
An infinite weight bag would be bad, but I wouldn't mind getting a bag of weight reduction.
Since bags have a weight limit of 400 stones, you would be able to put up to that there and it would add only 200 stones to your weight. With the 550 stones limit for your backpack, you would be able to carry 1094 stones max (3 bags of weight reduction at your pack, two filled to the 400 stones capacity, one to 294 stones capacity).
It would be nice to carry stacks of bandages and sulphurous ash for fire horns.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd also like "an apple of extraordinary health status" (God Mode Invuln Apple)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No weight limit bag isn't a bad idea. It would need to take a powder of translocation per item that is in the bag.

How about a blessed bag. That doesn't bless everything in the bag. It just keeps things organized when you die.
When you pick your items back up those items go back into that bag.

Last edited:

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
unlimited potions, bandages, arrows, gold, you name it on my character, yay!

not a good idea
More loot for those in fel to pick up and for looting monsters to take.

When I used to run my archer I couldn't hardly carry any gold at all. Arrows, potions, pedals, aids and so on took up my weight limit. This would be great for those types of characters.

Last edited:

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
What about a container you could link between houses? Say drop stuff into one and it acts like a bank, just open up the linked container in the other house and have access to the same contents?
I like that! Great vet reward idea. I'd email Mesanna with that one. Before they go with a sheep ethy or something.

General Lee

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
That might create a new duping hole. It's a nice idea though.
Thanks Ox, i didnt really think the idea of a weightless bag was such a good idea but instead of just shooting down the idea I thought I'd brain storm and throw out suggestions to the problem of moving house because it's not fun.

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Ox, i didnt really think the idea of a weightless bag was such a good idea but instead of just shooting down the idea I thought I'd brain storm and throw out suggestions to the problem of moving house because it's not fun.
A way to avoid the duping hole and use the same concept. Allow the whole box to teleport back and forth between houses with a timer on it.

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about a blessed bag. That doesn't bless everything in the bag. It just keeps things organized when you die.
When you pick your items back up those items go back into that bag.
Your main backpack works exactly like this anyway?

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe if it had a 1 or 2 hour time limit? That way It would only be helpful for moving short distances like when your moving house or cleaning up an IDOC.
I actually thought it would be cool if you could charge it with bos powder, and every minute it has any items inside it loses a charge. That way you couldn't use it in fights or to aid scripted resource gathering. Plus another use for powder.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What about a container you could link between houses? Say drop stuff into one and it acts like a bank, just open up the linked container in the other house and have access to the same contents?
I would actually settle for a two way box or something. I guess others don't have this issue like I do, but I frequently want to move a heavy box or a bag (usually not something deedable like resources, just junk) up two floors of my house so I have to leapfrog it all over the place, and like grab it the second after I stand on a teleporter tile so it ignores the tele weight restriction. It's just annoying.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
An infinite weight bag would be bad, but I wouldn't mind getting a bag of weight reduction.
Since bags have a weight limit of 400 stones, you would be able to put up to that there and it would add only 200 stones to your weight. With the 550 stones limit for your backpack, you would be able to carry 1094 stones max (3 bags of weight reduction at your pack, two filled to the 400 stones capacity, one to 294 stones capacity).
It would be nice to carry stacks of bandages and sulphurous ash for fire horns.
Yeah that's fine too. Anything would be helpful. If I could carry as much as a packy that would more than suffice for moving.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ya it's a pain moving heavy stuff from house to house. the linked chest would answer that well. but perhaps that would be exploited by someone drawing out the same item at both ends at the same time to try to dup the item.
perhaps lock it on one end and it can only be opened on the unlocked end.
Could just be a teleporting box. Linked boxed can teleport their contents to the other box so there's only ever one set of the items. Don't know if that's doable or not though. But even just in the same house would be a real help.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is how a full paid for transfer should be handled rather than loading up a slew pack animals. when you start your transfer you get the special bag and pack away.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interesting idea... but while such an item would be useful, it's one of those examples of an 'easy button' that this game just doesn't need. I can understand it's inconvenient to use pack horses (especially when moving to or from Fel) or having to spend time deeding up resources, but a bag with infinite weight would end up being abused.
That's fine, I'm not like "IT MUST BE THIS WAY", or anything :p. Obviously if it would cause disruptions you wouldn't do it, like I said in the first post. T'was just a thought that popped into my head when I was thinking about what a pain in the ass moving, or even doing a major house renovation would be.

Even something like a costly potion that made you carrying capacity the same as a packy or something. Just spitballing.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry Uvtha, but I can't agree to this one. As FrejaSP pointed out (and I have used in moves) a commodity deed box in the house can turn thousands of stones of resources into a 1stone item really fast. When I move, any wood chests are deleted - my crafter can make more, all resources are on deeds. That leaves damn-all little for hauling on a packie or on me.
Yeah I have a combox, so that's not an issue. I also have like 10 years worth of stuff, including a lot of rubble, a named bone collection, and other heavy (but not pile of resource heavy) stuff, and much of it packed into as few containers as possible.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd also like "an apple of extraordinary health status" (God Mode Invuln Apple)

I'd enjoy an bowl of peas that repels silly hyperbole while we're at it. ;)

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd enjoy an bowl of peas that repels silly hyperbole while we're at it. ;)
Well that's fine and dandy for you. I like my bowlies a bit more docile..

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I would actually settle for a two way box or something. I guess others don't have this issue like I do, but I frequently want to move a heavy box or a bag (usually not something deedable like resources, just junk) up two floors of my house so I have to leapfrog it all over the place, and like grab it the second after I stand on a teleporter tile so it ignores the tele weight restriction. It's just annoying.
Yeah if it has to be locked down that shouldn't be overly exploitable

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
That's fine, I'm not like "IT MUST BE THIS WAY", or anything :p. Obviously if it would cause disruptions you wouldn't do it, like I said in the first post. T'was just a thought that popped into my head when I was thinking about what a pain in the ass moving, or even doing a major house renovation would be.

Even something like a costly potion that made you carrying capacity the same as a packy or something. Just spitballing.
That's fair. I just moved my main residence recently from a Fel Keep to a Tram Castle, and Lord knows I could've used this. If there was a way to make it so that it couldn't be exploited, I'd be a bit more supportive.

With all the new "Castle customization" updates over the past year, one thing I am annoyed with is the inability to carry stones on a pack horse or beatle. That's something that needs to get fixed.

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
How about a "Move everything to relocation crate" option and "Move relocation crate to another House" option. Charge a movers fee.