• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Failure on part of the Devs to play this Game

swampjumper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The new Bod system hasnt taken in account that players spent many hours down in Heartwood trying to obtain the best talisman they could get now Devs have set us back to about a lvl 60 tinker(Just using that as an example)now your 30 exel tali is worthless you have many failures Devs must play some other game surely not this one have no knowledge how many hours were spent in getting said talisman. Irked I guess I am let me find what game they play or dont play and what they are smoking. I make better tools than what they offer as rewards I guess we the silent ones havnt spoken up but we are now your fixes need to be tested out by you after you have learned to play this game and spent the hours like we have.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
We don't know yet, how hard it will be to get a 30/30 in the new system. I don't mind it to be easier. You still have your tali, I still only have my 25/25 as there are so many other thing I want to do in game than using months/years in heartwood

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Do the new talismans work for enhancing?

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I would have to work on a piece of software from nine to five every working day, I definitely wouldn't want to spend more time with it in my spare time...
That's a funny topic. I spend 7-3 every working day doing my job and i spend a fair amount of my off time thinking about it. Now I work for a investment company and the world is every changing but I don't think that is all that different compared to UO. Where the goal of the Dev team is to promote, develop and grow the game my job is similar promote myself and my team, develop a strategy and execute it and lastly grow my business.

Failure to spend time monitoring the game in real time and with real player interactions has been a common theme when it comes to the team(possibly not the present group but in the past for sure). I don't find it all that unreasonable to expect they can both play the game but game play it with a decent knowledge base.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's a funny topic. I spend 7-3 every working day doing my job and i spend a fair amount of my off time thinking about it. Now I work for a investment company and the world is every changing but I don't think that is all that different compared to UO. Where the goal of the Dev team is to promote, develop and grow the game my job is similar promote myself and my team, develop a strategy and execute it and lastly grow my business.

Failure to spend time monitoring the game in real time and with real player interactions has been a common theme when it comes to the team(possibly not the present group but in the past for sure). I don't find it all that unreasonable to expect they can both play the game but game play it with a decent knowledge base.
Thinking about how to solve or tackle certain things outside of office hours is perfectly normal, I'd say.
Maybe they are even playing it themselves, but I can't image, they spend nearly as much time with it in their free time as the average paying customer, like the OP implied...

I'd expect monitoring the game would be something, that would happen during office hours anyways.
And the ones, knowing the game and all its quirks inside out should be the internal testers. But with a team size of what, 5? I'm not so sure, they have that much testers...

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thinking about how to solve or tackle certain things outside of office hours is perfectly normal, I'd say.
Maybe they are even playing it themselves, but I can't image, they spend nearly as much time with it in their free time as the average paying customer, like the OP implied...

I'd expect monitoring the game would be something, that would happen during office hours anyways.
And the ones, knowing the game and all its quirks inside out should be the internal testers. But with a team size of what, 5? I'm not so sure, they have that much testers...
I'm sure they think about it all the time. I think also what a lot of people fail to appreciate is that once you've seen how the sausage is made you don't really take the same pleasure in eating it. I can't expect that you could get much joy out of playing UO if you were developing it.

Plus in their off time we have no claims on them. They can do what they want, and in no way should be expected to spend free time playing UO.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
not sure where you're coming from on this. The basic crafting hasn't changed, so your Heartwood tali does exactly what it's always done. The talismans from BODs have a limited number of charges, so very temporary. I would only use one on an item that has a high failure rate and requires high end resources, since all it does is cut down on resource loss.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The new Bod system hasnt taken in account that players spent many hours down in Heartwood trying to obtain the best talisman they could get now Devs have set us back to about a lvl 60 tinker(Just using that as an example)now your 30 exel tali is worthless you have many failures Devs must play some other game surely not this one have no knowledge how many hours were spent in getting said talisman. Irked I guess I am let me find what game they play or dont play and what they are smoking. I make better tools than what they offer as rewards I guess we the silent ones havnt spoken up but we are now your fixes need to be tested out by you after you have learned to play this game and spent the hours like we have.
To be fair, those talismans were already pretty worthless.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
sounds like you were on of the honest players down in heartwood that was not using scripts to do the quests in heartwood. sorry to tell you but the good talismans are off loot now. i wonder how many hours i spent getting bods daily for years, later bribing then filling. its so easy. now it seems it will be even easier. i just hope that that these items wont be given like candy and throw economy in turmoil again/ items becoming semi worthless, causes more people to quit. the loot is so good most runics only good for specialized suits/weapons. the high end runics cant compare to the new loot which also has 255 durability, no powder needed. I'm not sure if people realized with the new bods that were added, getting 3 bod per day per skill, lets say 21 bods a day received. just think how many bods will be collected with multiple chars and shards.u also get bod back if u turn one in. the devs say they want us to get rid of some of the small bods. it doesnt seem like this will happen. it will be the opposite, huge numbers of bods could be collected. is this what we really want? do u think they should get rid of getting a small bod back? I'm not sure.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
They seem to do meet and greets every few weeks somewhere. Feel free to create a character and give them feedback or drop Mesanna an email. Honestly I'm sure they spend like 10 hours a day working on this game, at a minimum, considering travel time and all. While they should play it some, I think they probably have a better idea of how this game works than all of us combined. It's like when I'm truck driving, when I get home the wife drives and I stare out the passenger window. It gets a bit much. Not even counting crunch time with a new yearly expansion which I imagine are insane hours.

swampjumper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Having run tests we see that there is no money(Ie Gold) to be made doing Bods so there is no value to be had by doing Bods are now worthless at least the lesser ones are now so we will be giving up our hards ground crafter skills and find something more lucrative to do. Went on test today ran old way anmd then new way no funds. Why would a new person becomed a crafter there is no reason at all now if you cant make some Gold what is the use.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Having run tests we see that there is no money(Ie Gold) to be made doing Bods so there is no value to be had by doing Bods are now worthless at least the lesser ones are now so we will be giving up our hards ground crafter skills and find something more lucrative to do. Went on test today ran old way anmd then new way no funds. Why would a new person becomed a crafter there is no reason at all now if you cant make some Gold what is the use.
Why do you think there is no money in doing BODs, sell the rewards. They have added new BODs and a POINT BANKING System but you can still turn them in and get the reward now or take lesser points to save up for something you want.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Uhm Devs don't engage in off hours.

Meet and greets seem to be in off hours often and @Kyronix can always been seen surfing the stratics pages in off time. I have even had a few nice chats with him over the last year.

All in all this whole thread seems to be off a bit.

Sorry OP your tali is still good and much better than a no fail with charges. I love my hard earned set and don't find the new ones to be a big deal but they will help out a bit.

What fun is there in no fail anyway.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Why do you think there is no money in doing BODs, sell the rewards. They have added new BODs and a POINT BANKING System but you can still turn them in and get the reward now or take lesser points to save up for something you want.
That would be fine if any of the rewards were actually worth selling....

The only things that sell are the PoF... and maybe one or two others ..... otherwise the rewards are more for crafters and any crafter worth his salt is going to get their own... not buy them from someone else... also... Getting one that actually will net you a PoF without it costing 10X more in materials than you get off turning it in will be rare. Especially if you "build up points" at the ridiculously low rate that you get by banking the points.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That would be fine if any of the rewards were actually worth selling....

The only things that sell are the PoF... and maybe one or two others ..... otherwise the rewards are more for crafters and any crafter worth his salt is going to get their own... not buy them from someone else... also... Getting one that actually will net you a PoF without it costing 10X more in materials than you get off turning it in will be rare. Especially if you "build up points" at the ridiculously low rate that you get by banking the points.
WHAT How long have you been doing BODs? PoF and Runic Hammers still sell CBDs and Runic Kits still sell. They may not get as much as you would like but please there are a lot more than just 2 or 3 items. I never said you would get filthy like you obviously think but you can still make gold Crafting.