• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Once a day BOD collector

Hazel868789

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Mesanna @Bleak and @anyoneelsewhogivesacake

For those with limited time in thier schedules to craft, we need a once a day BOD giver.

ONCE per 24 hours per account, per shard.

80 MINIMUM skill, with a reward of ONE BOD per skill over 80.

Comments? Improvement? Please comment.

TY

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

For those with limited time in thier schedules to craft, we need a once a day BOD giver.

TY
NO TY

Hazel868789

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay, let me be more specific about what this NPC would be for.

Yes, I understand if your ingame, you can collect "several" a day on each crafter. This NPC would be for those who are NOT in game for long durations or only on one time per day.

This would be a ONE TIME per day, ONE BOD per skill above 80 per day.

This is NOT meant to be for those who live around the BOD Timer to collect them.

Thanks for your input.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Even if you only login once a day, you still get 3 BODs a day. No you should not be able to collect for several days. If you don't play, when will you get time to do the bods?

Hazel868789

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not even going there. Am sure some would like this, to collect ONE BOD PER SKILL PER DAY. Work them when they have down time.

To simple. If you dont understand its purpose, sorry.

Thanks for your input.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Not even going there. Am sure some would like this, to collect ONE BOD PER SKILL PER DAY. Work them when they have down time.

To simple. If you dont understand its purpose, sorry.

Thanks for your input.
This one BOD per skill thing has me confused...as it is right now, you can get THREE BOD's per day if you're only logging in once a day....so what is it exactly that you are asking for?

Hazel868789

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ONE ONE ONE BOD per day per skill. Some dont have time to recall around, click click click, etc etc etc.

And let me say it again. ONE BOD per day per skill.

Haidon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
If I am understanding you correctly, you would like a single NPC where you could go to collect a BOD for each skill that you are at 80 or over on that character once per day. If that is correct, I really don't see the necessity. You can go to most towns and in a very short timespan run from shop to shop and collect all the BODs that you are entitled to. Say 2 or 3 minutes. That is what I currently do now. With the new BODs added, that might double the time.

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't understand.
Please give examples.
(If thou wert an engineer, I would say unto thee, "Run me through some use cases.")

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
So...okay...you want ONE npc that gives ONE of each crafting BOD ONCE a day.....instead of taking the time to recall to each NPC and get THREE BOD's a day....

That is the epitome of laziness AND on top of which you lose 2 BOD's a day that way...

Make a runebook to each NPC and spend 5 minutes a day collecting THREE BOD's Not ONE.....see?

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
or perhaps a thingimajob house locked down item that gives you a bod each day. like the tree stump or reg maker

Hazel868789

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here we go.

Scenario

A player can only devote but 4/5 minutes a day (and player is sneaking that time from his spouse or work) to log in.

This player can log in, collect only one BOD per skill, per day, per shard, per account.

This player gets more time to play on his nonwork time. THIS nonwork day, he runs the gauntlet, city to city, shop to shop collecting the MAX BOD's allowed.

This is NOT for the player whom lives on Stratics or lives in game. This is for the casual player, that wants to craft, (Didnt we all when we first started?)

I dont think I can break it down any further.

BLUF (****, gotta explain Bottom Line Up Front (BLUF)), player has more BOD's to work with the limited amount of time they can spend in game.

Hazel868789

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sometime one just has to step back, log in game on thier 120 mage, get a piece of blackrock, go to city, drop blackrock from pack on ground and say

Vas Kal An Mani In Corp Hur Tym

Thank you

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here is the ultimate question is if you have so little time to play UO then why have you used up 7 hours today asking for an easy button that you have proved you do not need?

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
takes me maybe 2-3 minutes to get all the bods, and im a casual player, if you cant log on more then 3 minutes a day, well then you my friend might need to rethink your life.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
o.0

*If your lack of game time is due to spousal issues just do what I do. Send her on vacation somewhere for a few weeks :)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
ONE ONE ONE BOD per day per skill. Some dont have time to recall around, click click click, etc etc etc.

And let me say it again. ONE BOD per day per skill.
You do not have to recall around, you can collect them all in Zento, you just have to run a little between the houses. Stop being so lazy, start playing the game.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am with Dizzy here... there is a contradiction in logic... if you only have a few minutes per day to play and you are collecting all these bods... when do they ever get filled? I mean seriously... the amount of time it takes to fill 80 bods is WAY WAY WAY more than it would take you to run around zento for 10 minutes to get them all.

I am all in for less grind, but I think a single NPC handing out every bod in a single shot takes the easy button a little too far.

Hazel868789

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Frodo, why would someone like yourself with 45K BODs give a cake about someone logging in once a day to get one of each skill so they can work them when they have time. Not everybody has 7 BOD runners like you. Not everybody has castles and keeps full of vendors with BODs. (Dont even try to dispute you dont, your words are searchable).

This was meant for someone like a custodial parent, yes i know a few, who love the game and only get occassional weekends to play.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I had to do some thread clean up here. Please keep further posts on topic and take any personal gripes to PM.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

TY
Please no. You can go to any major city and simply visit the NPCs of choice to get your BODs. I do this for Smithing and Tailor already. Maybe 10 minutes time ... <sarcasm> a major amount </sarcasm>. Timer currently is quite adequate and no need to change it.,