• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

No reason for Gargoyle jewels

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why do gargoyles need separate aprons that can't be converted to human use? That'd be a simple matter of tying the apron strings tighter, and who couldn't do that?

OOC: In Ultima VI, the rings were worn on the horns. Apparently that was unworkable art-wise in Ultima Online because of the (silly) different horn styles.

Enziet

Journeyman
@Lord Gandalf Your drawing accurate, but keep in mind that elves are tall and lanky, where as humans have alot more bulk to them. So when an Elf wears Human gear, it resembles a night walking street ***** with the belly sticking out and crack head skinny arms.

Same goes for Humans wearing Elf gear. We so humanly and muscular and attractive that Elf equipment just shreds off our perfect human bodies.

Gargoyles can rot, their stone garbage is exactly that. Rocks.

Humans FTW :p

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This game is about choices. Become a gargoyle if you want to wear gargoyle items.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would suggest race specific items encourage players to leave their comfort zones & try new diverse character templates.
It may also force the purchase of the latest newest content (granted we haven't seen much in years but when elves 1st came
out, if you wanted to try that awesome new piece that dropped for you... you had to make an elf. The same with gargs).

As years go by these reasons hold less & less importance as if you play currently, you almost certainly purchased this content.
However, I can understand why it was implemented at the time. & why it has continued in each new release.

Just a thought, albeit a possibly outdated one :)

virem

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All the separate items arguments are fine, and the lore stuff is whatever. But why can we alter human stuff to gargoyle but not the other way around? Makes no sense. Also pretty ridiculous that you can alter some human stuff only if the graphic is facing the correct direction? All this should be fixed.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I shouldn't have to cast a spell to be a woman to wear certain armor. It's my right as a human to identify however I please and I don't think I should be punished by an old-time way of thinking.....Might as well go home every friday nite and issue a "tune-up" to my ol' lady.

Hopefully we can elect some governor's into office that will push our society in a less judgemental way.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why can't a male wear female armor? That's crap and blatently sexist. Thanks oboma.
Hillary plans to change this if elected so don't worry. If UO keeps with a politically correct stance, we can all be wearing female armor Nov. 9th.:D

Tim Kaine being gender neutral in the V.P. Debate said:
I promise to be Hillary Clinton's Right-Hand Person (as opposed to man).
o_O:dunce:

MoxZinnia

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Honestly, craftsmen should be able to alter "female" armor into "male" armor. Why not? Gives male characters more armor choices, plus they can look like beefcake or throw a robe over it.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
not everything can be used or be worn by anyone, who cares, its so easy to get armor/rings/bracelets and people still cry. the loot is so good. this is what u get. give me more, more, more. give anything I want then what? cry, we need more stuff, revamp? I'm all for improving both clients not one, stop cheating make some things easier as long as cant be scripted. we are spoiled. riding swipe will screw over any gargoyle. cant fly til. there are good and bad with any race so what. if something over powered fix.

I don't want u to work on my car, I want u to fix it.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
not everything can be used or be worn by anyone, who cares, its so easy to get armor/rings/bracelets and people still cry. the loot is so good. this is what u get. give me more, more, more. give anything I want then what? cry, we need more stuff, revamp? I'm all for improving both clients not one, stop cheating make some things easier as long as cant be scripted. we are spoiled. riding swipe will screw over any gargoyle. cant fly til. there are good and bad with any race so what. if something over powered fix.

I don't want u to work on my car, I want u to fix it.
Actually, jewelry (the traditional ring & bracelet) can be worn by everyone. There's absolutely no point whatsoever in garg-exclusive jewelry existing.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, jewelry (the traditional ring & bracelet) can be worn by everyone. There's absolutely no point whatsoever in garg-exclusive jewelry existing.
Unless if they had a special ability that comes with them by default, like night sight for example, that would make more sense imop, cause garg lack to have night sight as a race on equipment

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
yes but we have others like armor that not all cant wear, elf, gargs, female, ect... its so east to get armor/jewelry now days. waste of time.