• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why do I keep going Orange?

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not in VvV. I'm not in VvV towns. I'm not at war with any guilds. But, once in a while I'll go orange.

Anyone else have this happen?

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I'm not in VvV. I'm not in VvV towns. I'm not at war with any guilds. But, once in a while I'll go orange.

Anyone else have this happen?
You lose UO.

Actually, if you go into an active VVV town in fel, heal someone in VVV, or attack someone in VVV you go orange.

New mechanics to stop griefing by blues in the system.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not sure about this
being near a town gate might trigger it.
person who guilded you joined VvV might trigger it.
reason I point this out is I go orange when I'm by a gate, and freja character was VvV when I joined this charcter to tdo*

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Not sure about this
reason I point this out is I go orange when I'm by a gate, and freja character was VvV when I joined this charcter to tdo*
Neither of the top two should trigger being orange.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Neither of the top two should trigger being orange.
and they don't. If you're not actually IN vvv, healing or attacking someone that is will cause it. I think there are some further rules on it, but I'm not sure of the specifics - I do know that some blues who have attacked me in the past (as a Red in vvv) never went Orange from it.

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't done any of the things you suggested. The character I keep going orange on is a crafter in a non-VvV town.

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When the VvV warning box pops up that tells you the town is at war and you don't choose the option to be transported to the moongate you will go orange. It happens to my Fel crafter all the time.

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When the VvV warning box pops up that tells you the town is at war and you don't choose the option to be transported to the moongate you will go orange. It happens to my Fel crafter all the time.
I am no where near a VvV town. I've been in Umbra & Luna, nether of which is a VvV town.

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then how do you know if you're orange if you're in trammel?
I'm not in trammel - I'm on siege. I can tell I'm orange in 2 ways: first, people tell me I'm orange. second, when I mouse over myself I can see that I'm orange...

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I'm not in trammel - I'm on siege. I can tell I'm orange in 2 ways: first, people tell me I'm orange. second, when I mouse over myself I can see that I'm orange...
Not aware of any siege rules different than production, so you must be doing one of the flagging mechanics.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not aware of any siege rules different than production, so you must be doing one of the flagging mechanics.
It works the same on siege as it does on prodo shards (the flagging rules)

You appear as Orange if you heal someone that is in VvV, or if you attack someone that is in VvV regardless if they're enemies or your own guild members. You don't need to be in VvV to appear as orange.

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It works the same on siege as it does on prodo shards (the flagging rules)

You appear as Orange if you heal someone that is in VvV, or if you attack someone that is in VvV regardless if they're enemies or your own guild members. You don't need to be in VvV to appear as orange.
I'm not healing or attacking anyone; I'm chopping trees for wood and gains in Lumberjacking... As far as I know, trees are not part of VvV..

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm not healing or attacking anyone; I'm chopping trees for wood and gains in Lumberjacking... As far as I know, trees are not part of VvV..
Trees aren't what make you orange, if you healed/attacked someone, get your character killed by another orange player, and see if that fixes your orange status... if not it's probably a bug or you joined VvV on the character and didn't realize it.

it's 100% either

1) you healed a VvV member.
2) you attacked a VvV member.
3) You were in a contested VvV city long enough to become flagged orange
4) you joined VvV

They are the only things it could be.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I know this guy. He is not in VvV towns.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Not sure about this
I know it would give you a VvV tag in guild menu, but i did not know it would effect you in other ways, i would call a gm, because it seem to be a bug or join VvV and leave it and see if it is fixed in 3 days.

Maybe I should make TinaTink to guildmaster instead of Freja, even when she will get same problem as you, but I can join her to VvV and remove her again and I should ged rid of the problem with that stupid bug putting my members half in VvV

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I am no where near a VvV town. I've been in Umbra & Luna, nether of which is a VvV town.
Wonder if someone found a way to make someone orange, could be a kind of bug, you really should call a GM next time it happen.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Happens arbitrary to my knowledge when u quit a vvv guild, or when you create a new char, this problem gets solved if u get urself killed by a vvv member. It is a bug

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know it would give you a VvV tag in guild menu, but i did not know it would effect you in other ways, i would call a gm, because it seem to be a bug or join VvV and leave it and see if it is fixed in 3 days.

Maybe I should make TinaTink to guildmaster instead of Freja, even when she will get same problem as you, but I can join her to VvV and remove her again and I should ged rid of the problem with that stupid bug putting my members half in VvV
I'm fine now problem went away on its own, but make Tina a emmisary to guild players

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Trees aren't what make you orange, if you healed/attacked someone, get your character killed by another orange player, and see if that fixes your orange status... if not it's probably a bug or you joined VvV on the character and didn't realize it.

it's 100% either

1) you healed a VvV member.
2) you attacked a VvV member.
3) You were in a contested VvV city long enough to become flagged orange
4) you joined VvV

They are the only things it could be.
Can a non-VvV character "become orange" if it is partied with a VvV character that gets involved in a fight with other VvV characters?

Malforce

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Enemy of one makes my char appear to highlight orange sometimes but it doesn't change anything functionally

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can a non-VvV character "become orange" if it is partied with a VvV character that gets involved in a fight with other VvV characters?
Yes, but you still have to either heal or attack a vvv member for you to become orange bard-songs will flag you orange if they heal or damage (provo/disco).

non-VvV characters that become orange can either wait out the flag timer to become blue again, or they can just get killed by another orange player or kill themselves and when they res they should be blue again. (5 minutes of stat-loss)

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is happening to me must be a bug then, because I never have done any of the things stated to cause going orange.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What is happening to me must be a bug then, because I never have done any of the things stated to cause going orange.
have an orange player kill you or kill yourself with something (make sure you get the last hit if you're getting yourself killed), and you should return to being blue.

If you're not blue after getting killed, you're either in VvV Or you're bugged.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
did u heal a friend in vvv? pet? or accidently attack a vvv friend? or maybe rez someone? this will make turn orange for 8 hours or until u die. it happens all the time if u hunt with anyone in vvv. non vvv people have been screw by this. it is such a pain while hunting.

Prime.

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any reason why attacking VvV participants makes non VvV orange? If I want to gate fight a red whose VvV, I don't want to get ganked by his four VvV buddies in guard zone. Doesn't this system kill red/gray vs blue gate fighting?

elster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Any reason why attacking VvV participants makes non VvV orange? If I want to gate fight a red whose VvV, I don't want to get ganked by his four VvV buddies in guard zone. Doesn't this system kill red/gray vs blue gate fighting?
You won't go orange for attacking a red.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
A big reason for than, Noto PK's are the worse scum of the shards. I do not know if you go orange for attacking a red VvV. Only reason you should not go orange in my opinion is if the red VvV is Crim flaged for attacking a blue non VvV.