• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Trap box rotation fix

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Facing east or south, a trap box is a trap box and should damage anyone who attempts to open it disregarding the crate position in the world or in your backpack.

Please help fixing this @Bleak

Last edited:

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Don't fix this unless you intend to allow trapped items to be vendor able.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ya thats smart, ask them to fix something that is a bug.
you do know that if they 'go to fix it' they will truly fix it and your little trap boxes will be gone for good, eh?
it truly is best not to be the squeaky wheel.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
you do know that if they 'go to fix it' they will truly fix it and your little trap boxes will be gone for good, eh?

That would be horrendous. PVP would become worse because everyone would go around with evil omen and paralyze.

There would be literally nothing you could do and even if a buddy helped you out with a MA or something they'd just do it again.

I hope they just pass on this request. It's not hard to pick up the box, step north a tile, and drop it back in you bag.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To my experience people underestimate the devs pvp knowledge and game balance, im pretty sure they know what they're doing, lets see if it is possible and stop being so negative

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its not a big problem really. Just hold the box on the cursor and then run north/south and it will change directions. Well, thats what I do!

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
To my experience people underestimate the devs pvp knowledge and game balance, im pretty sure they know what they're doing,
History doesn't paint that picture though... They may know what they're doing, but a lot of the time, it's not the "right" thing to do, -especially when it comes to balance & pvp.

As for trap boxes...

The direction of the box shouldn't matter, sure it could be fixed. why not?

The problem with trap boxes isn't that, but what trap boxes are used for...

3 second cooldown-delay between traps triggered. & traps should do direct damage (not reduced by resistances). IMO. but that's coming from someone who thinks Skill points & player-skill should be what makes the difference between players. (that's how it use to be (actually it was much more difficult), when this game was doing very well)

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just take large crates and put the dart trap on it, they dont turn on their own.
We all know that as a matter of fact, but the amount of small trap boxes is like 95% more dominant, so why not fix whats already there...

But then walking dropping traps on the ground can be very buggy sometimes @climax especially in a house. I cant count how many times i drag the wrong item or completely forget about rotating my trap box... it is very embarrassing

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone remember the good old days of having loads of trapped bags in their back pack

Skalazar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
While on the topic of trapped boxes I believe these should have limited charges. Let's go with 5.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
To my experience people underestimate the devs pvp knowledge and game balance, im pretty sure they know what they're doing, lets see if it is possible and stop being so negative
im not being negative, i just dont want them to kill trap boxes.

when you bring to light something its a 50/50 chance of them just going.... "oh that, is that still in game? lets just delete that, there fixed!"

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Anyone remember the good old days of having loads of trapped bags in their back pack
Yeah, how annoying was that trying to find the one that wasnt spent in a pinch

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im still waiting for that someone whos gona come and ask for a "blessed glacial trapped box vet reward" in this thread to change the subject, where is he?!

Skalazar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Uh, let's not. It would be an omen/para gankfest, and please don't say that wasn't your intent.
Then you will need to carry multiple boxes. No item in the game should have an infinite number of charges. But we all know trapped boxes won't be properly fixed because they are one of the most broken items in the game.

You could even add a 30 second timer between uses.

Last edited:

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dangerous thread.

Queue the removal of trapped boxes and the introduction of the "OP Necro Mage" era.[again]

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or they can alter the magic trap spell and introduce trapped pouches again..and stop boxes from working altogether

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk