• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why do people say EC is cheating?

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This thread is the best testament as to why people are motivated to use 'illegal' third party programs for CC. It allows you to have EC functionality, including making the gameplay window bigger, while maintaining the look and feel we all love.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This thread is the best testament as to why people are motivated to use 'illegal' third party programs for CC. It allows you to have EC functionality, including making the gameplay window bigger, while maintaining the look and feel we all love.
Actually I think it's a pretty fair testament to why there will NEVER be anything close to a balance... first off no one seems to agree on what exactly isn't balanced save "cheating" ... or perceived cheating... or what is cheating...

At any rate I can say that the only ones I've seen truly cheating are the ones I've seen casting while running... jumping 3 screens in less than a second... running through things that would block people in either client as if there was nothing there... causing other players to pretty much lock up and crash whenever they come near.

I've actually witnessed someone in Tram causing EVERYONE in the CC to crash... and they did it repeatedly trying to pretty much stop an event. Not sure what they were doing or whatever but the result was pretty telling. And seeing them brag about it in gen chat also telling...

One of the things I'll say is quite often the behavior of those that PvP (not really the good ones just some of those who think they are)... pretty much is why fewer and fewer care to do it...

I've always felt that those who have to cheat to win are bigger losers than those who actually try and give their all within the rules and lose.

And most importantly those that cheat, scam, hack and script ruin the game for everyone else.

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That had as many lies in it as a Clinton speech lol.

Casting while running isn't possible due to server side caps that client isn't allowed to bypass. I've been pvping for 12 years and the 'crash hack' was always the funniest accusation - trolls go along with it. Jumping three screens in a second is a disgusting exaggeration of what is probably just you lagging, again, because of server side speed caps.

Someone may want to correct me but EC doesn't have grave stones...

Last edited:

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for the correction. That was hearsay. Do you know if its possible to mod them out legally?

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't know, i only use CC and UOA or EC, and as far as I know neither will do that.

Last edited:

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been pvping for 12 years and the 'crash hack' was always the funniest accusation - trolls go along with it.
Except there was a very real version of it until recently, and several people knew how to do it. Why do you think it got fixed? Malag isn't wrong though, when certain people are around, I client crash, and far more often than I normally do. I wonder why...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That had as many lies in it as a Clinton speech lol.

Casting while running isn't possible due to server side caps that client isn't allowed to bypass. I've been pvping for 12 years and the 'crash hack' was always the funniest accusation - trolls go along with it. Jumping three screens in a second is a disgusting exaggeration of what is probably just you lagging, again, because of server side speed caps.

Someone may want to correct me but EC doesn't have grave stones...
I'm talking about impassible OBJECTS placed down by players used in blocking area's that folk just float over as if they aren't there... I've seen this done on numerous occasions. And NO they were NOT teleporting.

And I've seen people move so fast it's impossible... I don't care what the DEVs say... and NO I wasn't being laggy.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've actually witnessed someone in Tram causing EVERYONE in the CC to crash... and they did it repeatedly trying to pretty much stop an event. Not sure what they were doing or whatever but the result was pretty telling. And seeing them brag about it in gen chat also telling...
That is fixed, that's what I referred too as a "cheat" (this is not something EC can do, it was something EC seemingly was immune too.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That is fixed, that's what I referred too as a "cheat" (this is not something EC can do, it was something EC seemingly was immune too.
I'm pretty sure it got fixed after the day that I witnessed it... since we called Mesanna to come witness it and she did.

But that's not to say that they don't have other tricks they use that are extremely similar... I often come upon someone that grinds my computer to a halt nearly... Often Multi-boxers.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why do people say EC is cheating?
That is an easy question to answer. When UOA was first introduced it was exactly like the assist program that is illegal to use and EA/OU made TUG take a lot of the ability out of UOA before it was allowed and now we have the EC that can do everything UOA was originally designed to do and more and the EC is legal but the enhanced UOA is still illegal to use, go figure.

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Except there was a very real version of it until recently, and several people knew how to do it. Why do you think it got fixed? Malag isn't wrong though, when certain people are around, I client crash, and far more often than I normally do. I wonder why...
Please PM me any specifics because I'm confident this was an emotional response. What does 'there was a very real version of it until recently' mean? Are there patch notes or anything with a fix? As for the last part, it's probably coincidence paired with your made up thoughts that such a hack exists.

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm talking about impassible OBJECTS placed down by players used in blocking area's that folk just float over as if they aren't there... I've seen this done on numerous occasions. And NO they were NOT teleporting.

And I've seen people move so fast it's impossible... I don't care what the DEVs say... and NO I wasn't being laggy.
You need to record these people moving this fast then because it would appear you're lying.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please PM me any specifics because I'm confident this was an emotional response. What does 'there was a very real version of it until recently' mean? Are there patch notes or anything with a fix? As for the last part, it's probably coincidence paired with your made up thoughts that such a hack exists.
Yes, it was fixed in publish 92, although the devs called it a "Server crash" (it was client-side, not server.) Not an emotional response (LOL), because I knew how to do it too (not that I ever used it.)

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't see anything in the release notes for pub 92 that may be related besides "Fixed server crash".

Was it actually a program someone was running to inject malicious code or was it just someone exploiting poor programming by using in-game mechanics?

I'm just amazed by this claim because after 12 years of primarily PvPing that I have not once been able to correlate crashing with any particular player. In a fit of rage after a death or a crash I can see someone blaming someone, but that's always an emotional response. I can tell you sometimes a horse dying triggers it for multiple people simultaneously, but that's the worst I've seen.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You need to record these people moving this fast then because it would appear you're lying.
I wish that I could... And I play in the EC all the time. So I get accused of speeding. I've tried recording EM events and such but with the terrible lag and crashing I just can't.