• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So been playing with EC getting a feel for it and...

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm already confused. I'm setting up my hotbars and the gump comes up stating:

Enter the number of slots to create a single hotbar.

Enter rows x columns

I enter 1x12 and get a vertical line of cells... shouldn't I have gotten a horizontal line?

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Grab it by the bottom and you can drag it to make it horizontal (an vice-a-versa)...
I appreciate the response it will do that from now on. However, it really kinda set the tone for my experience so far. Multiple crashes, bars that seem to be off screen and grids in containers seem to disappear. Not big things and certainly not things that will sway me one way or another on whether or not I want to switch to EC from many moons of CC usage, however it does kind of gives the entire experience a very amateur feel to it. Again though thank you for the tip!

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And there comes the haters :D
Nah. Really don't want thus to end up as one of "those" threads lol. Just trying it out. I like the instant suit swap alot. (Sampire able to gate his two skeletal dragons without magery on my temp is an alluring option.)

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I used to be one of those people that hated everything that didn't look like the classic client. When I came back a few years ago I used the classic client and I lasted only a couple of months before I left again. I get tendonitis with too much clicking and coupled with headaches/eye strain caused by the screen jerking so much, it became unplayable. I really wanted to play UO again so this time my husband finally convinced me to give the EC a go, well it took me two weeks to get used to it and now there is no way I could ever go back. I would be the first to admit that classic is just much prettier but it's also very jerky and the small play window is a bit frustrating. I think now that what I really hated was the Kingdom Reborn client, I hated it so much I wouldn't give the EC a chance as I thought they were the same thing. I say each to their own! :)

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nah. Really don't want thus to end up as one of "those" threads lol. Just trying it out. I like the instant suit swap alot. (Sampire able to gate his two skeletal dragons without magery on my temp is an alluring option.)
Ups. My post wasn't directed at you but at the post above mine. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I appreciate you trying out the EC. And if you don't like it in the end, it's ok to stick to the CC. In the end it's all about personal preference :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Just be sure to give it a true try...

Many who claim to try it never really do. They just don't know how to set stuff up and they don't really care to learn.

Give it a fair and honest try and you'll probably never go back.