• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is there a way to dye A Deer Mask back to original color?

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As title states: any way for me to dye this back to the original color?

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Bleach says it can only be used on artifacts or enhanced items. :(

Scouring Toxin says the deer mask is not a valid target.

Been awhile but I thought a normal dye tub would do it.

Might try buying one from NPC, without dying it, and use it in the mask.

The tub should appear grey beforehand

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Been awhile but I thought a normal dye tub would do it.

Might try buying one from NPC, without dying it, and use it in the mask.

The tub should appear grey beforehand
No :(
Says I can only dye cloth with it.
Also tried a leather tub with default color and says I can only dye leather.

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I always use scouring toxin on my bear masks when i dye them and want them back to the original colour. Odd that it isnt working for you, bugged item maybe.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I always use scouring toxin on my bear masks when i dye them and want them back to the original colour. Odd that it isnt working for you, bugged item maybe.
Maybe :(
Hmm, just crafted a new Deer Mask, dyed it and tried scouring toxin on it. Same results, invalid target.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No idea if you can turn deer mask, but if you can, it might be worth a try to turn it and try the bleach/toxin again.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Maybe :(
Hmm, just crafted a new Deer Mask, dyed it and tried scouring toxin on it. Same results, invalid target.
Must be an unintentional bug with the mask since you should be able to dye it without an issues.

Just on an off chance did you try a plain metallic dye tub?

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So glad you had something to contribute...
I was actually curious too. I got some crud I wanna undye. So, i did learn about bleach/scouring toxins. ....but, yeah.....I have no clue how to help you. So, I figgered I'd use the word fiddle today.

Since I learned from ya'll, here is some trivia that some may not know: What is the difference between a fiddle and a violin?
Nothing. Just depends on what part of the country you are living in.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've asked the DEV's about this many times... the masks don't know what they are... you can't do much of anything with them and it's upsetting...

I use them often in making rewards for Costume Contest winners... but since they are oddly made of "cloth" they then don't get the benefit of making them with leather so using a Barbed or Spined kit to make them does NOTHING. They should be considered a "HELMET" but they are considered just a hat... so you can't add much to them in any way except imbuing... which also means that you can't use most the dyes on them since they are not "armor" ... yet they are...

I've asked for this to be fixed... or changed but the DEVs have done nothing... supposedly it's on a list. But I rather doubt it is.