• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Imbuing Weights

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Since the introduction of legendary gear etc the mods on those items and availability of them have made imbuing less viable.

To generate a little more usefulness and step up crafting with the power creap, I'd like to see imbuing weight caps increased some and possibly another mod slot. (6 total)

I'm not asking to match that of any high end artifact mods etc, but considering increasing the cap by say 100 could be useful and possibly make farming imbuing ingredients slightly more viable again. (I do recognize the amounts of ingredients already out there.)

Thoughts?

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I think it would need to be closer to 1000 cap with 6+ imbuing slots to make it useful again. At least for armour anyways.

I'm not sure about 1000, and more than 6 mods.

That may be a bit much, but the cap is what 550? So even we did say 750 that'd be plenty high I think.

I don't think we go beyond 6 slots though.

We'd have to compare how much weight can you get from 6 mods really and cap it slightly above that I think.

SimpleEnigma88

Adventurer
I like this idea alot. As it stands, imbuing is great for starter gear and weapons. One thing that makes me hesitate is weapons, an extra mod slot on weapons might be too much of a leap forwards. But i totally agree with armor imbuing getting a bump, maybe my imbuer can make some decent gold again.

Sent from my LG-D950 using Tapatalk

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you look at most of today's loot armour most is way over 1000 weight and over 6+ mods. To make imbuing / crafting relevant again I feel it needs to be closer to the loot items otherwise what is the point?

Also there are many mods that can't be imbued (casting focus and eaters for example).

If we are talking about imbuing armour that is?

Last edited:

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
If you look at most of today's loot armour most is way over 1000 weight and over 6+ mods. To make imbuing / crafting relevant again I feel it seems to be closer to the loot items otherwise what is the point?

Also there are many mods that can't be imbued (casting focus and eaters for example).

If we are talking about imbuing armour that is?

It's a good point but I'm not sure it's practical to match imbuing to high end drops.

They should allow some of the mods to be imbued like casting focus etc.

Weapons should probably not have weight intensity increased. Though I wouldn't mind the leech caps being adjusted.

We have to be careful though because then we starting making reforging useless.

I don't know if we could increase reforging though.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah reforging could also use some tweaks. Remove a lot of the useless mods and maybe slightly more control. I'd also like to be able to use more charges and select more named groups on the top end runics.

I agree with you though about imbuing. It could use some love. Maybe not the ability to make stuff as powerful as the legendary loot but down a few tiers. If you bump it to much then loot becomes useless and needs bumping and it's just a vicious circle.

Weapons I think are fine currently though. I don't know anyone who uses loot weapons unless it's a splintering one.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Yeah reforging could also use some tweaks. Remove a lot of the useless mods and maybe slightly more control. I'd also like to be able to use more charges and select more named groups on the top end runics.

I agree with you though about imbuing. It could use some love. Maybe not the ability to make stuff as powerful as the legendary loot but down a few tiers. If you bump it to much then loot becomes useless and needs bumping and it's just a vicious circle.

Weapons I think are fine currently though. I don't know anyone who uses loot weapons unless it's a splintering one.
Yeah, they need to make the reforging a bit more controlled.

It's not really worth using the way it stands now. Especially if you have to reforge and imbue most pieces to make them useable.

Otherwise they're stacked with crap mods that just ruin the item.

Imbuing defineately needs adjusted up though.

I can't recall the last time I imbued or reforged something other than a weapon for a character.

Let alone burning through runics to get a good piece or two. It's a money pit.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well all we can do is hope. I'm sure after the pet revamp, new account management, new bod system, various bug fixes, PvP balance, etc etc. it will be coming soon™.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Well all we can do is hope. I'm sure after the pet revamp, new account management, new bod system, various bug fixes, PvP balance, etc etc. it will be coming soon™.
Adjusting the cap up some seems like a minor tweak, but we will see.

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
how about as a loot a blog of gooey stuff that will increase the imbue limit on an item.
put this new loot into T-maps and fishing treasure chests. or as possible rewards for turning in fishing bods

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm not sure I agree here.

Imbued gear is roughly equivalent to the loot you get off upper end standard mobs. Both are widely available. Mob loot is a bit more random, but just requires hunting mobs to obtain. Imbued gear is more specific and tailored, but requires hunting and the crafting skill. IMO this is good balance.

Top end gear is only available from a select few bosses. I do think that there needs to be more craftable items that get closer to the new loot, just not through imbuing. I much prefer the new craftable artifacts that use other artifacts as ingredients. This would allow some older content to be relevant when it comes to obtaining higher end items without just increasing the drop rate of legendary loot across all bosses.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
how about as a loot a blog of gooey stuff that will increase the imbue limit on an item.
put this new loot into T-maps and fishing treasure chests. or as possible rewards for turning in fishing bods
Nah, I don't want to jump through hoops for something that should just be adjusted anyways.

If they did that for something to say remove the brittle property that'd be okay.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I'm not sure I agree here.

Imbued gear is roughly equivalent to the loot you get off upper end standard mobs. Both are widely available. Mob loot is a bit more random, but just requires hunting mobs to obtain. Imbued gear is more specific and tailored, but requires hunting and the crafting skill. IMO this is good balance.

Top end gear is only available from a select few bosses. I do think that there needs to be more craftable items that get closer to the new loot, just not through imbuing. I much prefer the new craftable artifacts that use other artifacts as ingredients. This would allow some older content to be relevant when it comes to obtaining higher end items without just increasing the drop rate of legendary loot across all bosses.

I'd normally agree if legendary drops weren't focused to certain bosses.

I mean no one is really going out and grinding for hours.
Instead they're spending 30 minutes doing turtle or the roof and getting a couple legendaries a shot.

The availability is ridiculous enough that you can grab a bunch of legendaries for like 50k-1.5m on some vendors in Great Lakes. Each having around 100 resists and 5 or better mods on them.
The consolation prize would at least having resists on imbuing have a fraction of the weight it does not and not include it as a mid slot.

The increase would still be below the legendary and other artifact item weights etc.

Why imbue anything if you can obtain better gear with less effort?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd normally agree if legendary drops weren't focused to certain bosses.

I mean no one is really going out and grinding for hours.
Instead they're spending 30 minutes doing turtle or the roof and getting a couple legendaries a shot.

The availability is ridiculous enough that you can grab a bunch of legendaries for like 50k-1.5m on some vendors in Great Lakes. Each having around 100 resists and 5 or better mods on them.
The consolation prize would at least having resists on imbuing have a fraction of the weight it does not and not include it as a mid slot.

The increase would still be below the legendary and other artifact item weights etc.

Why imbue anything if you can obtain better gear with less effort?
I wouldn't be opposed to upping the base resists for crafted pieces.

However, I think many of us have some bias about just how easy it is to pop in and do a shadowguard in 30 minutes to walk out with a handful of legendary items, particularly good ones.

IMO, regularly crafted armor should be about the equivalent of what you might get off something like a greater dragon.

Reforging should be around the range of a normal peerless.

Top end craftables like the new recipes should be slightly lower than top end loot (to compensate for the randomness).

I do think there are a few bosses that need to be bumped up to shadowguard level (like Harry). But I wouldn't really advocate that all peerless should be that high. But all peerless should have something that makes them worth hunting. I think lower end artis that can be used, then upgraded down the road through crafting is a great way to do that.

Garen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I vote to reduce the RNG and give crafters more control, keep the weights and slots the same, and stop spawning uber magic gear.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I wouldn't be opposed to upping the base resists for crafted pieces.

However, I think many of us have some bias about just how easy it is to pop in and do a shadowguard in 30 minutes to walk out with a handful of legendary items, particularly good ones.

IMO, regularly crafted armor should be about the equivalent of what you might get off something like a greater dragon.

Reforging should be around the range of a normal peerless.

Top end craftables like the new recipes should be slightly lower than top end loot (to compensate for the randomness).

I do think there are a few bosses that need to be bumped up to shadowguard level (like Harry). But I wouldn't really advocate that all peerless should be that high. But all peerless should have something that makes them worth hunting. I think lower end artis that can be used, then upgraded down the road through crafting is a great way to do that.
Sure, and again in not advocating the weight be near equivalent for imbuing just increased to reflect the power creap and lack of imbuing usefulness.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I vote to reduce the RNG and give crafters more control, keep the weights and slots the same, and stop spawning uber magic gear.
I think the ship has sailed beyond this point and would probably be more practical to ask for rainbow unicorns and blue jackelopes.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nobody's doing the entirety of Shadowguard in 30 minutes, unless it's a bunch of sampires with a bard for discording. But even then, the Ensorcelled Armors can Parry, and the Fountain will still take a decent amount of time. The Roof can be done with 2 people in 30 minutes with tamers, if one's a bard. Take a bunch of sampires and you SHOULD be able to do the roof in roughly 10 minutes.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Upping the imbuing weight to 600 on exceptional armour pieces and one handed weapons (and 650 for ranged/700 for dual wield weapons) would go a long way to help imbuing.
Reforging does need to allow a bit more of control, though. Burning through 5 runic tools to get a single weapon with an elemental damage range that you can enhance to 100% is ridiculous. The RNG in UO can totally hate players, so we need more control there to make it useful again.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Artifacts & Replicas should be imbue-able again, it was removed because it was a "Balance issue".
So basically, a Djinni's Ring is 2 FC, 10 SDI, 5 Int, and you could imbue it to be 2 FC, +15 HCI 1 SDI and 1 int & 9 DCI, it was imbalanced?

I understand there were a few artifacts like the "Resilient Bracer" where the Resisting spells skill bonus didn't count toward to imbuing property count/item weight. that's a specific item that could have been fixed, but no... instead it was another "blanket fix" that fixed the problem but also caused another problem making just about every artifact & replica useless.

I'm not so sure about increasing item weights or property count on imbued items though. it wouldn't really change anything.

I did like the idea someone mentioned in one of the meet & greets a year or so ago, though.

When you craft an exceptional armor piece - the crafter should have the option to add the Exceptional Bonus Resistances & Arms-lore bonus resistances however they wish instead of it being added randomly.
That's not directly linked to "imbuing" but it would make imbuing much less time-consuming when piecing together suits. -quality of life change.

Garen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When you craft an exceptional armor piece - the crafter should have the option to add the Exceptional Bonus Resistances & Arms-lore bonus resistances however they wish instead of it being added randomly.
This alone would be so nice. I question what the hell I'm doing with my life when I spend several hours building a suit.

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I like the idea of an item similar to a whetstone in rarity/difficulty to obtain that would add 1 imbue slot/100 weight to an exceptionally crafted item, excluding weapons.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Artifacts & Replicas should be imbue-able again, it was removed because it was a "Balance issue".
So basically, a Djinni's Ring is 2 FC, 10 SDI, 5 Int, and you could imbue it to be 2 FC, +15 HCI 1 SDI and 1 int & 9 DCI, it was imbalanced?

I understand there were a few artifacts like the "Resilient Bracer" where the Resisting spells skill bonus didn't count toward to imbuing property count/item weight. that's a specific item that could have been fixed, but no... instead it was another "blanket fix" that fixed the problem but also caused another problem making just about every artifact & replica useless.

I'm not so sure about increasing item weights or property count on imbued items though. it wouldn't really change anything.

I did like the idea someone mentioned in one of the meet & greets a year or so ago, though.

That's not directly linked to "imbuing" but it would make imbuing much less time-consuming when piecing together suits. -quality of life change.
Im not sure how useful this would be as long as everyone is decked out in legendaries.

These caused a power creap and made imbuing armor and jewelry pretty much irrelevant in most cases.

At least adding the extra mod and weight would make imbuing semi useful again, and would make suit building a little easier.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think the ship has sailed beyond this point and would probably be more practical to ask for rainbow unicorns and blue jackelopes.
Could it be a black jackelope? It would go better with my tamers armor....