• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Kotl City Spawn and Kotl Artifacts

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Mesanna, @Kyronix

Any chance of an answer on this:
When we started the Kotl City spawn this year for turn-in arties, we could also turn in previous arties from Dungeon Doom last year. Will we be able to turn in the Kotl arties next year like we did the Doom ones, or do we need to use up what we have collected before this Kotl City event ends next month?

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
But if they leave it there, it will get farmed out and eventually people will stop doing it! Whereas if they delete it, people will... uh... er... um...

It's not even about the specific content in particular as much as it's about the idea that they think they have resources to squander on content that only stays around for a few months. I mean at least this got used a bit. But this will be history while that awful abandoned hyper-grindy Myrmidex War thing sticks around forever.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Mesanna, @Kyronix

Any chance of an answer on this:
When we started the Kotl City spawn this year for turn-in arties, we could also turn in previous arties from Dungeon Doom last year. Will we be able to turn in the Kotl arties next year like we did the Doom ones, or do we need to use up what we have collected before this Kotl City event ends next month?
Yes, you will be able to turn them in to the next iteration of Treasures of Halloween as you could between Doom & the Kotl City.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
But if they leave it there, it will get farmed out and eventually people will stop doing it! Whereas if they delete it, people will... uh... er... um...

It's not even about the specific content in particular as much as it's about the idea that they think they have resources to squander on content that only stays around for a few months. I mean at least this got used a bit. But this will be history while that awful abandoned hyper-grindy Myrmidex War thing sticks around forever.
The difference is....kotl city is GUARANTEED drops...all the time.....farm it for a few months and you have everything you can get....the things you won't be able to are being added to the BOD reward system.

The Myrmidex War is NOT guaranteed, like the roof...which is why people are still doing the roof and Myrmidex War because you don't get a drop every time.

Kyronix said they have plans still for that area and many others, there are still plenty of things to do without Kotl City

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, you will be able to turn them in to the next iteration of Treasures of Halloween as you could between Doom & the Kotl City.
Do you guys have any plans for the Kotl City for when the event ends?
is there going to be anything that place has to offer besides scenery?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Myrmidex War is NOT guaranteed, like the roof...which is why people are still doing the roof and Myrmidex War because you don't get a drop every time.
Best I can tell, if you're not a tamer, you won't enjoy the roof...since archers, melee fighters, and even mage summons all get you covered up in side spawn when you do damage to anything.

But I am sure the tamers enjoy it.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do you guys have any plans for the Kotl City for when the event ends?
is there going to be anything that place has to offer besides scenery?
The Kotl City is setup like a holodeck. We've been playing with the concept of time-shifting in Eodon since the release of Time of Legends as a means to draw in elements from the greater Ultima franchise. The Kotl City will serve that purpose in the future as a place to add content that wouldn't necessarily fit the larger narrative in Eodon as a whole.

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
The Kotl City is setup like a holodeck. We've been playing with the concept of time-shifting in Eodon since the release of Time of Legends as a means to draw in elements from the greater Ultima franchise. The Kotl City will serve that purpose in the future as a place to add content that wouldn't necessarily fit the larger narrative in Eodon as a whole.
It's nice that you and your five-man development team have the time and resources to sit around stroking your beards thoughtfully while you "play with concepts" for temporary content that only lasts a few months. But maybe you should turn some of that attention to the 90% of content in your game that is outdated, irrelevant, and could easily be brought back into meaningful service with minimal effort.

Seriously. Throw the next load of goodies into the Doom Gauntlet drop table and buff the bosses a bit. That's a large, repeatable, and fairly unique chunk of content thrown back onto the menu for practically no work. The fact that updates like that are apparently lower priority than temporary content and pointless boondoggles nobody plays after a month is absolutely maddening.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Best I can tell, if you're not a tamer, you won't enjoy the roof...since archers, melee fighters, and even mage summons all get you covered up in side spawn when you do damage to anything.

But I am sure the tamers enjoy it.
You must be playing a different universe's version of UO. I do it all the time with my mage/Mystic, in a group that's maybe half tamers, at best.

Your bad tactics does not constitute lack of fun on others' parts.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I must be. About every 4th arrow would get covered up in spawn. So I quit shooting, but evidently summons create the same amount of stir =)

I play for fun, and the whole concept of completing the levels (same ole crap as having to get keys to do something) and then getting to the endgame and finding out at that time I shoulda brought a dragon instead of my archer bleh.

And finding out that the main drop I wanted, the bow, only works half time because (prrof of what Spock said) the devs have no idea of the game mechanics and shortcomings and therefore put velocity on the slayer...

And no, I won't adapt, I'll keep doing what I enjoy as long as I can find something I do enjoy...altho if they don't do something with t-chest loot that will be off the table as well...

Sometimes it gets hard to get up a desire to login

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Kyronix

I would like to Turn in my Doom points to get a latern of light.

I already Can Turn in Doom points at the kottle guy. But since there is No kottle colored "kottle gas powered lamp of eodon" latern iam stuck

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix

I would like to Turn in my Doom points to get a latern of light.

I already Can Turn in Doom points at the kottle guy. But since there is No kottle colored "kottle gas powered lamp of eodon" latern iam stuck
I think that is kinda the point of rotating the rewards each year.

Get the items you want when they come out because there is no guarantee they will come back.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's nice that you and your five-man development team have the time and resources to sit around stroking your beards thoughtfully while you "play with concepts" for temporary content that only lasts a few months. But maybe you should turn some of that attention to the 90% of content in your game that is outdated, irrelevant, and could easily be brought back into meaningful service with minimal effort.

Seriously. Throw the next load of goodies into the Doom Gauntlet drop table and buff the bosses a bit. That's a large, repeatable, and fairly unique chunk of content thrown back onto the menu for practically no work. The fact that updates like that are apparently lower priority than temporary content and pointless boondoggles nobody plays after a month is absolutely maddening.
This, sigh.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Get the items you want when they come out because there is no guarantee they will come back.
So when Kotl goes away, will the turnin guy remain till next year? Like doom did? or do we need to hurry up and spend the points? @Kyronix any word?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So when Kotl goes away, will the turnin guy remain till next year? Like doom did? or do we need to hurry up and spend the points? @Kyronix any word?
I think the intent is for the turn-ins to remain, but the rewards change.

You can turn in and use leftover doom points now, I don't see any reason that would change next cycle. But if you really want an Eodon tribe banner, I wouldn't rely on that reward being there next year, I would claim one now.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Kotl ends when the next publish goes live. They have not said if the NPC will stay or for how long. Kyronix did say that any "left over" arties can be used for next year's event as well.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

well rotating the dungeon do not mean removing the turn in dude.

also i think to remember that they said they will keep the guy...