• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bard dmg for Roof

Mikeltin5

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I have a pure bard (no archery, taming, etc) and I typically do the roof with 2 samps. I'm not able to get dmg in to get looting rights. It's happened 4 times in a row now. I tried provoking the spawn on the boss but the samp's are whirlwinding too fast for me to provoke them.

Are other pure bards able to get looting rights and if so, how? I'd hate to change my temp to an archer or tamer or w/e else just for looting rights because my entire suit would need to be rebuilt.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When me and my friends do roof we typically have GD's and one bard (with pets) and a spell weaver. We always get to live the Shadowguard loot dream with that combo. I would drop off peace/provo (assuming you have peace) and pickup taming/lore or maybe med/SW. Our bard only has disco and this is all you need really.

Mikeltin5

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I was hoping to maybe be missing a dmg output on the current setup :/ i'd hate to have to train up taming again. med's already on...maybe swap provo with sw

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I get drops with my bard, I hunt with my guild in party. I run either peace or provo masteries to support the group, disco the 3 bosses that can be disco'd, provo the summoned spawn onto each other, or on the boss where that's possible, casting evs when mana permits

Mikeltin5

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I get drops with my bard, I hunt with my guild in party. I run either peace or provo masteries to support the group, disco the 3 bosses that can be disco'd, provo the summoned spawn onto each other, or on the boss where that's possible, casting evs when mana permits
that's what i'm trying to do if at all possible (so I don't have to change skills). i'm able to disco and provo on all but virtuebane. I attempt to provo but in most cases the spawns dead before I can do that (guildies specifically target spawn and whirlwind so it doesn't bog down). so casting EV's is enough to get u looting rights?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't ignore the effects of the disco, you will get credit for that. I don't cast many EV's and most I do cast get dispelled. It's the support I give to the group that gets me looting rights. I cast the odd heal on guildmates too when I can. Sounds to me like your guildies are a bit too efficient for you :D I get to provo much of the summoned spawn.

Mikeltin5

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
unfortunately I believe you're right. i'll try casting some EV's and "as constant as possible" healing and see if that works

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I always get rights. I'm assuming you're using Despair & Tribulation set on the right damage types for each one? Plus EV's? Slayer instrument or exceptional on the ones that can. Otherwise I'd just say swap Peace or Spellweaving so you can WOD.

Daemon McCrowley

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Relatively new to Bard. Great discussion. So when you use the disco mastery you can change the attack type (fire, poison, energy) on the fly between bosses? I mean Ill log in and try it out, but I didnt know that. That is helpful! Sounds like Mikeltin's party just wouldnt have a peace or provoke buff? EVERY BARD FOR HIMSELF!! lol JK, good info

Are you guys breaking party at end?

Last edited:

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Yes, you can change the damage type with no cooldown. There is a 10 minute cooldown between changing mastery's (from Prov to Disc for example).

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Disco mastery on the boss with the correct damage type and a slayer (where applicable). Add in casting heal on the sampires/tamers, you should have no issue getting rights.

Daemon McCrowley

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Well, several times I know I have not gotten rights, just like person above, and I was healing, discoing and running peace buff. Maybe it has something to do with dropping party? Or maybe UO hates me, yeah that is prolly it.....

Maybe it is me, but it seems from my point of view, to be much easier to keep party and just let me handle the corpse, I mean you guys are tired and stuff from all that whirlwinding and life leeching, take a break, the Bards go this lil ol corpse.....

All Bards in favor?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, several times I know I have not gotten rights, just like person above, and I was healing, discoing and running peace buff. Maybe it has something to do with dropping party? Or maybe UO hates me, yeah that is prolly it.....

Maybe it is me, but it seems from my point of view, to be much easier to keep party and just let me handle the corpse, I mean you guys are tired and stuff from all that whirlwinding and life leeching, take a break, the Bards go this lil ol corpse.....

All Bards in favor?
Peace buff for party never counts toward looting rights.
Discording mobs never counts toward looting right.
All you are left with in the example above is healing...

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Healing counts toward looting rights (Peace Buff does not apply direct healing.)
Provo Buff applies direct healing.
Tribulation will Proc off other peoples damage so you can stack that on top of whatever sampires are doing to piggy back off some of their damage.
Despair aso deals selectable damage types so ensure you are choosing the best one for the target
Both discord based mastery abilities receive bonuses from the appropriate slayers

jopromol

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Simple. As stated by Logrus- you need to heal. I run the provo buff which I can then passively heal while simultaneously healing the sampires. If you cast a few good heals and have the provo buffs going you will 100% get looting rights. It helps to remain in party till the very end.

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Spellweaving is great if you're more of a utility-focused bard, as it can buff your healing but also lets you output damage with WOD which means the bosses die faster and you get loot rights.

MeTheGreat

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A guildy of mine brings a few bonded bouras (I believe one of the varieties - maybe lowland - does not require taming to control) to get looting rights for his bard. He only uses them for the final boss.