• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question about GM warnings/ban

Cady

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Agreed with Cazador! The uptight nerds going around paging on everyone are the biggest trolls this game has.

I seriously think there are some(probably Clinton voters) pathetic nerds who monitor Gen chat hoping for any reason to page on people. Maybe I just have a mark on me though for PKing their sampire or something, I dunno, I don't understand these people.

Don't get me wrong, starting an argument with someone and telling them you're paging on them and their account is finished because I just wailed on them with unsavory words and they defended themselves is some of the funniest trolling I do. But to actually page on someone hoping they get banned? That's some mean-spirited, shortsighted ********.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agreed with Cazador! The uptight nerds going around paging on everyone are the biggest trolls this game has.

I seriously think there are some(probably Clinton voters) pathetic nerds who monitor Gen chat hoping for any reason to page on people. Maybe I just have a mark on me though for PKing their sampire or something, I dunno, I don't understand these people.

Don't get me wrong, starting an argument with someone and telling them you're paging on them and their account is finished because I just wailed on them with unsavory words and they defended themselves is some of the funniest trolling I do. But to actually page on someone hoping they get banned? That's some mean-spirited, shortsighted ********.
What I find interesting, is the other day I was being..well a bit of an ass in gen chat. I know surprise! Regardless though, they eventually came to Luna to continue the I Tarzan, you Jane attitude. I was on foot again being a moron and antagonizing the incident I say. Wow guys you have me all boxed in this is feeling a bit ****y. Ohhh no!! He said ****y, got pulled to jail. Now what I find funny about this is that. I see people in gen chat specifically on that shard who got mad at us roleplaying Japanese characters kind of trolling them calling us "racial slurs", and a few other phrases that will probably get me banned from stratics for even posting..and it's like cool. Now would I page..no because I thought it was hilarious she was getting so angry about somebody putting fish on her doorsteps, and partially because there's like a total of 100 people who still play this game..why would I want them banned. Again though I just assume the losers who page are probably little nerds sitting in a basement who just got owned in big bag fel, and wish they knew who the person was so they could send in SWAT to arrest them IRL for being so mean in a video game.

Edit: apparently stratics asterisks the word as well. Even though used in a non derogatory way could mean...

an act of plunder, violent seizure, or abuse; despoliation; violation:
the "Oh My God 4 letter R Word" of the countryside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cady

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The R word! Used to be instant suspension for people, now I see it all the time and no one getting any time off. That's progress, I guess... but apparently GMs just pick and choose when they want to enforce their ridiculous policies. They definitely aren't doing people favors by being inconsistent and unsure of what the rules are. The way things are heading with the GMs desire to cater to people's feels, placing fish on someone's doorsteps could be construed as "interfering with the ability of other Ultima Online users to enjoy playing the game" for all you know. Did their feels get hurt? Okay, the GMs have decided you are litrrrally worse than Bin Laden.

Cady

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I was pulled into jail a few months ago for invising an afk player and their wolf spider. It was at least five minutes before the player returned to his computer to start his pancakes at me, which got him invissed a whole lot more, working skills afk at Haven Bank and had the nerve to tell me I was the bad guy, okay. I lay into the dude, of course, as I always do. Years of doing this to golems, and now spiders, no issues, you're allowed to do this people, invis them. Several minutes later I'm put in jail. W T F, amirite. Anyway, the GM actually had the balls to talk to me this time, which I appreciate. The GM tells me I was harassing this fellow, I told the GM that's nonsense and asked him why he was wasting his time and sticking up for a player's right to gain skill while AFK. He told me if I suspected a player was AFK and gaining skills I should have paged GMs first. But I'm not gonna be like that, try and get someone banned, so there'd be one less person to fight against. I'm not dumb, I knew the dude was AFK, but it's way more interesting to give these numbskulls a hard time, not try to have them banned, I'm not THAT mean, am I nice? Nah, but trying to get someone banned, that's 'deplorable' :). Anyway, this useles nerd of a GM 'let me off' with a warning. Powering the neurons in those GM's heads is a waste of electricity.

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You are lucky. I was never pulled anywhere. I had two characters named "Sir Poops-a-Lot"- one on atlantic and one on Lake Austin. With no warning I log in one day and my one guy is named Orson and my other guy was named Ray.

THANKS EA
RIP to my toon that lasted a total of 18m

"Come Honor Face"

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hahaha

Just a tip,
Up and coming South Park game Fractured But Whole has some serious char name potential.
If it's anything like Stick of Truth, I can't wait. Although it means I'll finally need to buy a PS4. Side note: I didn't get the joke in the game's title until just now.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had a character on test named YoureADoucheR...so a GM pulled me into jail and said I need to change my name. So I asked to change it to RehcuoDAeruoY...so he changed it, sent me back on my way. Pulled me back in about 35-40 minutes later and says ya know I can read backwards changed it to Asher said lol and sent me on my way..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a slave girl

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh oh Trick or treat macro on a letter key, go afk in Luna and search the internet which requires using said macro key letter, looks an awful lot like afk macroing to a gm.

Secondly, this is for Cady, invising a person makes their backpack close, which certainly is harassment.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Secondly, this is for Cady, invising a person makes their backpack close, which certainly is harassment.
Actually, it doesn't. I just did it to the sampire on my second account and the backpack didn't close. Harassment, though? Definitely.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This reminds me of my old friend Minstrel Flo, who was made to add "The " to the front of their name by a GM.

And I won't go into it again about the silly profanity filter making the name "Constitution" an illegal name that can't be given to vessels or pets.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well on the subject of name changes i got a ban (Jail time )and a name change for my character Cucking Funt and my mining guild name got changed from Deep Penetration mining to DP mining :sword:

Cady

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Oh oh Trick or treat macro on a letter key, go afk in Luna and search the internet which requires using said macro key letter, looks an awful lot like afk macroing to a gm.

That's not how that works, that's not how any of this works!

EDIT: This amazing display of not understanding how UO works, makes me highly suspicious 'a slave girl' is a UO Dev on an anon account. Mods please confirm she's not sharing an IP with a Dev. Thanks. :p

Last edited:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I got yanked to Poo's "really bad" jail once by a GM. Was warned by another player it was coming (whom I always had thought was probably a GM himself). It was all over guild feuds and some really ugly interactions, which went both ways. Gm was a friend of the other guild, so when he yanked me in, and started to speak, all I said was "Let me speak to your supervisor" " get me your supervisor" and nothing more, over and over, lasted about 3-4 minutes at which time he put me back where I was.

Lesson I learned was, don't cave, stand your ground, if you are being unfairly punished, fight it.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
The rules haven't changed. We went through a period of almost nonexistent GMs etc People reported people and gave up when there was no result. People started thinking anything goes now. Well it looks like we got a boost to the GM population and if you don't want trouble try not being an idiot :) Looks like law and order are back in UO and I like it. I dig some people enjoy 10 year old humor and all...

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The R word! Used to be instant suspension for people, now I see it all the time and no one getting any time off. That's progress, I guess... but apparently GMs just pick and choose when they want to enforce their ridiculous policies. They definitely aren't doing people favors by being inconsistent and unsure of what the rules are. The way things are heading with the GMs desire to cater to people's feels, placing fish on someone's doorsteps could be construed as "interfering with the ability of other Ultima Online users to enjoy playing the game" for all you know. Did their feels get hurt? Okay, the GMs have decided you are litrrrally worse than Bin Laden.
GM ***** is the worst for this.

Never had an issue with the rest.

Troll The T Hunter

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"I seriously think there are some(probably Clinton voters) pathetic nerds who monitor Gen chat hoping for any reason to page on people."

Really "clinton voters"? I thought we weren't suppose to get political on these boards. Should I point out the behavior of "trump" voters?

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
After reading through this, my old pre-aos crafter "Mike Hunt" will be staying within the shadows fearing a name change if things have truly gotten this ridiculous.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Please don't turn this thread into a Clinton vs. Trump argument, there are already a couple threads about it in the off-topic section if you want to post about it there.

Thanks.