• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Items which should have value but are completely worthless

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The veteran reward gem carts. 90% of the time they give you the normal gems that are sold for like 10 gold each from npc's anyway. They should have been set to only provide the rare gems that can't be bought from npc's.

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Agree.

Dolphin Rug - should drop Ancient SOS once a week.

Tree Stump - 10 Logs...Are you serious!? What a complete waste...

Sheep Statue - How about a 100 of your choice of leather...whatever it is set to.

Also, Garden Sheds are not nearly as usefule since the introduction of legendary items. Seeds of renewal price has plummeted.

Just like Treasure Hunting, Gardening needs a boost where it can grow items of value that cannot be gotten anywhere else.

Farmer's Market expansion...(Right after the Treasure Hunting Revamp :D)

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Agree.

Sheep Statue - How about a 100 of your choice of leather...whatever it is set to.

Also, Garden Sheds are not nearly as usefule since the introduction of legendary items. Seeds of renewal price has plummeted.

Just like Treasure Hunting, Gardening needs a boost where it can grow items of value that cannot be gotten anywhere else.

My thoughts on all the resource vet rewards was that they were more about decoration than practical usage. For the most part that and status symbols (ie: ethys. ). When they have introduced items that were game changing they have received a good deal of pushback about them.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lost me, forgive my lack of knowledge. But what did legendary items have to do with a garden shed? I missed the connection.

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
The veteran reward gem carts. 90% of the time they give you the normal gems that are sold for like 10 gold each from npc's anyway. They should have been set to only provide the rare gems that can't be bought from npc's.
100% actually... However, you can get the "rare" Amethyst from the hidden chests in Kotl.

Gems.png

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The Fire painting that gives a .1 SOT....

It should give a .1 to 1.0... Random... .1 is something I can do every day... and is worthless.

I mean it's bad enough it gives you crap like Taste ID and the like more often than not anyway... the chance of getting something decent like taming is next to nil.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anything that relies heavily on RNG is useless or near useless.
This is why people consider Exodus, Shadowguard & Shadowlord the only "useful" sources of good loot because they're consistent compared to everything else.

Skull-rug, Dolphin Rug, etc... It sounds reasonable for them to A) produce a high or max level map/SoS. OR B) the devs can rebalance maps/SoS' (well worth the time...) to make each level of map & SoS useful (this is why I was always in favor or unique rewards). instead of making only high-level ones good. The latter is more important if you ask me, as evidence of how "loot" works, it points in the same direction.

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Skull Rug....How cheap are the Devs that this 10 year Veteran reward can't kick out a level 6 map once a week.

Just pulled 10 plain maps which will go right into the Garbage.

@Bleak @Kyronix Fx this this garbage!

The thing looks cool but it's absolutely worthless.

I mean how dumb is this item?

What others items come to mind that are seriously flawed?
Yea I live in Fel just for the chance at level 4 maps, a lot would avoid the trash if we had a shot up to level 6 .

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
Items which should have value but are completely worthless
Any item with the name Mesanna on it, no wait, that's the other way around... :tongue:

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Glacial staffs.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Our current devs code rewards like the resources come out of their yearly bonuses. They're like those really crappy, stingy Dungeon Masters I used to play with that were too afraid to give you anything of real value, because it might ruin "their campaign"..

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Epiphany armor. They take the trouble to give it a unique mana burst property, they make it imbuable, but they give it the resists of NPC armor and guarantee that no one will ever wear it.

They even added a new boss to drop this crap, and no one cared. Perfect example of resources being flushed down the crapper because some dev lacked basic knowledge of their own game.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agree.

I don't think these items were intended to supplant skills, or make established activities obsolete.

That said, tree stumps are absolutely the easiest way to get frostwood and probably even bloodwood. That of course is because resource distribution is completely stupid, but anyway...

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Our current devs code rewards like the resources come out of their yearly bonuses. They're like those really crappy, stingy Dungeon Masters I used to play with that were too afraid to give you anything of real value, because it might ruin "their campaign"..
Except in UO too much uber **** actually can ruin the campaign. UO always keeps going, no one loses anything, power levels keep rising. The more power levels rise, the more they must rise again to keep people interested, the more they rise, the more content becomes obsolete and the more 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000 hp monsters they have to add to the game.

I agree that in the past they have gone far to light in rewards, especially artifacts, but they DO need to keep it in check. It can't be any faster than they can develop substantial levels of new content, which we all know is not super fast.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Skull Rug....How cheap are the Devs that this 10 year Veteran reward can't kick out a level 6 map once a week.

Just pulled 10 plain maps which will go right into the Garbage.

@Bleak @Kyronix Fx this this garbage!

The thing looks cool but it's absolutely worthless.

I mean how dumb is this item?

What others items come to mind that are seriously flawed?
How funny. A guildie and I were discussing the VERY same thing last week. :)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I don't agree with this. I don't know where you buy gems for 10 gp each, on Siege I believe the cheapest gem is 150 gp, so that should be 50 gp on normal shards.
I'm happy with my gem carts s they are, no need to change them :)

It is a deco item with a little extra feature. I find it all fine as it is, people should still have a reason to play the game to get Ancient SOS

Not at all, it's nice as it is, don't change it

Sheep Statue
- How about a 100 of your choice of leather...whatever it is set to.
Again it works fine as it is, I need all kind of leather and wool too, don't changes it.

Again, it is deco items, the drop is just a little bonus.

Last edited:

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm....Items that should have value but are completely worthless.....only one I can honestly add.
Ultima Online.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Should we fail to list all the countless artifacts that have been trash points for years? Sincerely wish the staff revises all the content they currently have instead of releasing a new expansion that is worthless.... wait... they already did that.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm happy with my gem carts s they are, no need to change them :)
have you not noticed that those gem carts never drop saphires? They are bugged. In over 2 years I have not gotten a single saphire out of them. Needless to say that saphires are actually the most needed gems for imbuing suits...

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
have you not noticed that those gem carts never drop saphires? They are bugged. In over 2 years I have not gotten a single saphire out of them. Needless to say that saphires are actually the most needed gems for imbuing suits...
I know about that bug and yes it is annoying. I would like to see it fixed but I can live with it, my community vendor in New Mag do her best to buy the saphires and pay well for them :p

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Should we fail to list all the countless artifacts that have been trash points for years? Sincerely wish the staff revises all the content they currently have instead of releasing a new expansion that is worthless.... wait... they already did that.
The way they tiptoe around terrified of making an artifact better than a cheap imbued piece is ridiculous. We're never going to use your crappy leechless PVM weapons, devs, so stop neutering all your content by having it drop garbage and deal with reality. Not just mana leech either. Mana and stamina or it sits on a vendor for 200k while everyone laughs at how bad it is.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I think a lot of the 'worthless' gear and weapons that no one uses anymore should be changed so we could atleast imbue it.

If not that, then make "new" artifacts along the lines of what they did with Dr. Spector's Lens.. whereby something like Hat of the Magi becomes a main ingredient for a new craftable (and useful) artifact.

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Been saying this for at least 5+ years...
When they fired Draconi and the old dev team and Cal and friends took over, the game lost all institutional knowledge. Combine that with the Stratics staff of the era locking every worthwhile thread and running the forum into the absolute ground in the name of "civility" and you have a recipe for a game with development totally out of touch with reality.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
When they fired Draconi and the old dev team and Cal and friends took over, the game lost all institutional knowledge. Combine that with the Stratics staff of the era locking every worthwhile thread and running the forum into the absolute ground in the name of "civility" and you have a recipe for a game with development totally out of touch with reality.
People being civil... just makes me sick :p