• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How many WIKI's do we need for UO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I have hard to understand why the 2 sides can't respect each others. I use UO.com for new info, UOGuide for lots of info. I did use Stratics a lot in the past but not a lot now. Then I use Knucklehead and Tower of Roses.
UO Guide and Stratics new Wilki do not need to have the same info, all they need is to link to each others context. As long it is easy for current, new and returning players to find info, all is fine. Sure the day, one of the sides go down, we will have a problem.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
On a side topic... anyone waiting on Broadsword's "Official UO Forums".... I wouldn't hold my breath. As was stated above anyone who wasn't a cheer leader on the old UO forums was headed for a ban. Game and forum account. Half the people on this forum wouldn't last a day on any Broadsword UO forum lol. Yeah I'd join it to see what was up, but I don't see me posting there much if it does ever exist. The Dev's have pretty much treated the Stratics community (the only real community of note) like the plague and I won't forget that any time soon. I'm sure Stratics will somehow be the bad guy in whatever happens in the future when they bore the entire load for the community when UO bailed out of their official forums. So many different camps in such a small community lol

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Look. I have sat here and watched a discussion take place that involves the bringing up of things that happened behind closed doors nearly 10 months ago.

I am not going to go into any details about a 10 month old voice conversation, however I will make a few comments about this current discussion happening here,

This discussion has included both accurate and inaccurate "recollections" of private meetings and generalizations about things that were said, agreed upon or even disagreed upon. If it would have been the other party talking this openly about this series of events, it goes without a shadow of a doubt that the staff would take exception to this information being discussed.

Additionally there has been the use of wording such as "ethical issues" in regards to a person or group of persons or their property which leaves open ended implications. Given that the parties on the receiving end of these comments cannot defend themselves or simply even reply to the conversation, is it necessary for the Stratics staff to drag their name(s) through the dirt or at the minimum, make subtle jabs at their moral/ ethical stance as opposed to simply keeping this thread about the wiki?

Taken from the Stratics RoC:

• Troll or otherwise badger, or abuse, other users of Stratics (including staff members), other posters, visitors, and VIPs from development teams.
    • Trolling is defined as: To make a deliberately offensive or provocative online posting with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.
also-

• Make accusations or publicly air disputes or grievances. Such public accusations can not be resolved on the forums and serve only to stir animosity, which negatively impacts the community as a whole.
    • You may not make public accusations of misconduct against or about any other user of Stratics, staff members, EMs, other players, developers, or guilds.
and-

• You may not post or distribute chat logs or the contents of private conversations/IM threads/SMS messages unless the participants of those conversations have given their express consent for you to do so.

Member(s) of the Stratics Board have used this thread to backhandedly accuse individuals of misconduct and apparently electing to ignore their own RoC violations committed by a board member. In addition to that, they are sharing private correspondence without seeking the consent of all parties. It's both unprofessional and counter productive to the goal of building a strong UO community. You don't get to claim this website to be community owned and then simply ignore your own rule-set. If I am wrong on this, at least come out and say that Stratics is not community owned.

I suggest we stick to the topic of the wiki as that was what the OP had posted about and leaving any subtle, passive-aggressive attacks/implications of other person(s) out of it, especially since they are not permitted to defend themselves. It's not fair and it's flat out bad form.
His thoughts all get heard through the grapevine. He's not defenseless. I don't really know what he's butt hurt over now but if he shuts down his site and decides to go the way of Lum the Mad or Dr. Twister we will survive it just fine. Somehow I feel his ego will never allow him to let himself fall into obscurity lol

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
His thoughts all get heard through the grapevine. He's not defenseless. I don't really know what he's butt hurt over now but if he shuts down his site and decides to go the way of Lum the Mad or Dr. Twister we will survive it just fine. Somehow I feel his ego will never allow him to let himself fall into obscurity lol
just pointing out, you say his thoughts all get "heard through the grapevine" but then say that you dont know whats going on right now. that just doesnt seem like a logical statement to me.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
just pointing out, you say his thoughts all get "heard through the grapevine" but then say that you dont know whats going on right now. that just doesnt seem like a logical statement to me.
Because, as stated earlier, I don't play "cryptic" If he's got something to say just say it. Not like he's gonna get double banned ;)

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i dunno, i get why hes frustrated. i hadnt seen the video, and honestly am not going to take 20mins to watch it now. i just dont see why the topic had to be dragged up in detail right on UO hall. perhaps it just wasnt thought about, but to add that in, plus the slapstick memes and it just doesnt come off well. and it must be very frustrating not to clarify things directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.