• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Grimm tactics

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Okay - this beastie was introduced during my absence. Sooo, what is the best method or weapon to use on it?

I have a Paladin who uses bandages and trying Grimm with an undead slayer seemed to do well, but I still needed to run off and heal a few times. Resists are all 70s. He's fun solo, but I got way too close to the red a couple times.

Thanks!

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are you talking the pumpkins, if so a Cu with discord works great. As far as a slayer goes I do not think there is one for them but I could be wrong.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I figured the undead slayer might work as it is a spirit (sort of). Unfortunately I have no tamer ... nor a Cu. <sigh>

Oh well I can knock a big hole in the 20K bandages I have! <chuckle>

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I use a fencer that has necro and spirit speak. I use him because the minion picks up pumpkins. I also have to back off and heal with spirit speak.
I put a revenant on him and hes dead before the revenant poofs.
I like the design of Grimm. Not too much of a challenge. My archer can kill it a lot faster.

The butchers are a lot more of a challenge.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The red guys in the grave yards. The corpses are called something close.

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not sure how long you've been gone, but....are you familiar with sampires?

Grimms and butchers are not much of a challenge to even a basic sampire template.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Not sure how long you've been gone, but....are you familiar with sampires?

Grimms and butchers are not much of a challenge to even a basic sampire template.
yup. but don't have a developed one. I just looked over characters ... beggar for ToT, Paladin, LJ/carp crafter, scribe/tailor crafter, new Paladin I could make over to Sampire, mage with Focus and Med.

Would the mage make a dent a bit faster? His weapon skills are low (like about 40) but he's 80 Focus, GM Med, 92 Magery as main skills. Eval Int is 95+, Resist is 95+

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
yup. but don't have a developed one. I just looked over characters ... beggar for ToT, Paladin, LJ/carp crafter, scribe/tailor crafter, new Paladin I could make over to Sampire, mage with Focus and Med.

Would the mage make a dent a bit faster? His weapon skills are low (like about 40) but he's 80 Focus, GM Med, 92 Magery as main skills. Eval Int is 95+, Resist is 95+

Well I ran over with my mage to test it out and yes, the Grimms are easy with a decent mage too.

Exactly 4 flamestrikes to kill one, 3 if I discorded it first.

My mage has 120 eval and 121 SDI, so your results may vary.

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah I followed that link for spell damage increase and I didn't understand a word of it. Hehe I sure miss the days when armor and weapons had simple names and not all of the %'s.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Drop a colossus, hide, drink a beer while hidden, drop the next colossus, hide... I mean, you can do anything that way, if you got time ;)

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Well I ran over with my mage to test it out and yes, the Grimms are easy with a decent mage too.

Exactly 4 flamestrikes to kill one, 3 if I discorded it first.

My mage has 120 eval and 121 SDI, so your results may vary.
<chuckles> Glad you put that disclaimer in! J/K! Mages SDI sux (<10) but I think I have some gear to boost it a bit. Altho Eval is lower than you it appears my mage may just be able to handle the Grimm! I'm gonna try it ... and he hasn't collected near enough deathrobes yet. Much appreciated.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Without getting all fancy scribe yourself some blade spirit scrolls or some energy vortex scrolls and have at it. The grimm are not very hard to kill.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Necro mage with high sdi. For a single grimm I explosion/corpse skin/flamestrike. For multiple grimms I use wither.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay - this beastie was introduced during my absence. Sooo, what is the best method or weapon to use on it?

I have a Paladin who uses bandages and trying Grimm with an undead slayer seemed to do well, but I still needed to run off and heal a few times. Resists are all 70s. He's fun solo, but I got way too close to the red a couple times.

Thanks!
You're doing the right thing. Grimms are pretty strong, but even mediocre template/gear meleers can take them down, despite with a possible occasional death.

Basically standard demon fight, slayer, EOO, consecrate, armor ignore. If it pops liches, run (unless you have a WW weapon, or bushi for momentum strike), and take them out one at a time. If it spawns anything else don't really need to stress.

Or just sick a GD on it, and take a nap. :p

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I usually cast a few eagle strikes then FS it just for style points. no real task to kill.

angelus aconitum

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
6-8 flame strikes and a ebolt. For mages they are pretty easy to handle.
They also get very slow with half hp left, so you don't even have to move anymore after the first 3-4 flame strikes