• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

treasure map loot

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
:):D:hahaha::pie:

Now that the laughter has died down, the answer is no.
It used to be true. It has been true a few times.
But it is no longer true. For a while if you were doing 6s or 7s you could get a little good loot from the spawn, but now that even sux. It's an awesome and fun playstyle, I love t-mapping, but right now you have to just play it for the fun of it, and take the occasional bone that gets tossed your way.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
T-map loot was one of the best sources of loot (IMO), now it's so rare to get any items of "Greater Artifact" or better, the chances are very slim to get anything "good".

Devs say they haven't changed it, it's obvious to people who actually do T-maps it was changed. before you were almost guaranteed (based on my experience) to get 1-5 legendary items in a Fel lvl-6 map (with a 2240 luck suit), now you're extremely lucky to get even one legendary item from a fel lvl-6 map...

Shadowguard, Shadowlord, & Exodus - are the most consistently good loot sources.

kze

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
T-map loot was one of the best sources of loot (IMO), now it's so rare to get any items of "Greater Artifact" or better, the chances are very slim to get anything "good".

Devs say they haven't changed it, it's obvious to people who actually do T-maps it was changed. before you were almost guaranteed (based on my experience) to get 1-5 legendary items in a Fel lvl-6 map (with a 2240 luck suit), now you're extremely lucky to get even one legendary item from a fel lvl-6 map...

Shadowguard, Shadowlord, & Exodus - are the most consistently good loot sources.
is it possible to solo any of these?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
what template would be good against them? can I be succesful with a bard there?
For Shadowguard, you want a tamer. This can be done with 2 to 10 people. I think the ideal size if 5-6, with 4-5 dragons and 1-2 cu sidhes.

For Exodus, it depends on the group and how you intend to attack it. I typically bring a wraith archer that spams Armor Ignore and let others do the work of tanking it down / fielding it. We also usually would run it with a large group.

Scalis still gives good loot. You need a fisherman to fish him up with the fabled nets, and then usually Mystics and Tamers that can tank him down with GD's and RC's.

Shadowlord, while it does give decent loot, I feel like is always a crap-shoot. I'd try the other things I've noted above first before doing this encounter.

kze

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For Shadowguard, you want a tamer. This can be done with 2 to 10 people. I think the ideal size if 5-6, with 4-5 dragons and 1-2 cu sidhes.

For Exodus, it depends on the group and how you intend to attack it. I typically being a wraith archer that spams Armor Ignore and let others do the work of tanking it down / fielding it. We also usually would run it with a large group.

Scalis still gives good loot. You need a fisherman to fish him up with the fabled nets, and then usually Mystics and Tamers that can tank him down with GD's and RC's.
i seriously dont like uo sometimes. What i would like to have is a mage which can do both pvp and pvm, but i need a teacher to show me what to do.
i was making a treasure hunter bard but it seems even with that i cant get cool items.
pvm and pvp mage because i like the idea im playing only one toon.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
i seriously dont like uo sometimes. What i would like to have is a mage which can do both pvp and pvm, but i need a teacher to show me what to do.
i was making a treasure hunter bard but it seems even with that i cant get cool items.
pvm and pvp mage because i like the idea im playing only one toon.
Respectfully, one of the things I love about UO is that you need different templates and different types of characters to be able to truly master all of the various encounters. If there was one be-all end-all template that was Uber in both PVM and PVP, everyone would have it and it would make the game boring.

If you're on Atlantic and looking for a group for PVM to do some of the encounters discussed above, shoot me a message and you can come out on one of the UWF hunts.

Good luck.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Another thread where Shadowguard rules the rewards. Think of the resources we could save by simply making that the only content, afterall, it's rumored to be the only content worth doing.

It's pretty sad when someone can load up a hard earned template like Hide/Stealth/Lockpick/Remove/Detect...and either get 10 arrows, a lesser heal pot and 358 gold from tram/fel chests, or go stare at all of the still empty after all of these years Ilshenar chests.... Or put on Tame/Lore/Mage/Myst.....cast or all kill/invis and rake in the dough...pitiful developers.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
is it true that treasure maps give best loot?
Not the best armor and such, but don't underestimate the value of the blue scrolls you can get even from the lower level maps in just a few minutes.

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Really!? What lies.

The game is saturated with Alacrity Scrolls, as well as every other resource that drops from Treasure Maps. There is no value there..

Gimme a break....:rolleyes:

Go farm a bunch of blue scrolls & sell them, and see how long it takes you to save for a nicer item like a blackthorn artifact, Hawkwind Robe, Crimson, Cameo etc.

Maybe if you start now..this time next year you'll have enough gold to buy a high end item.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And Forged pardons used to sell so well, and actually let you make a little coin off them, but they killed those as well with the beloved "royal forged pardons".

The few essences in them are good to have if you do your own imbuing, but you wont make a living selling them either.

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I've just completely my 7th Level 7 Treasure Map in Ilshenar, not one Legendary item, or any item for that matter worth keeping.

There are some major problems with this game in terms of content being completely obsolete thanks to the current Dev Team. Treasure Hunting certainly should be something on top of the list that needs to be addressed. Essentially the loot tables overall need to be looked at e.g Peerless (particular ML peerless), Champion Spawns, and Treasure Hunting.

Treasure Hunting needs a total revamp. There has to be something UNIQUE that has value that you can get no other place outside of Treasure Hunting like we had with Pardons...which they totally screwed up with in my opinion. Half the bleeping chest shouldn't blow up from a Grandmaster lock picker, and Fel Maps should have no greater loot that trammel. There is Zero risk treasure hunting in Fel. I don't care if 100 monsters jump out of the chest...there needs to be some TREASURE in the damn chest.

We have 3 or 4 encounters in a game with 18 years of history & content that are actually worthwhile doing.

Hey @Bleak @Kyronix How many Exodus & Roof Encounters do you think people can do before they get bored out of their bloody mind?
upload_2016-10-3_11-28-2.png

Garen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've just completely my 7th Level 7 Treasure Map in Ilshenar, not one Legendary item, or any item for that matter worth keeping.

There are some major problems with this game in terms of content being completely obsolete thanks to the current Dev Team. Treasure Hunting certainly should be something on top of the list that needs to be addressed. Essentially the loot tables overall need to be looked at e.g Peerless (particular ML peerless), Champion Spawns, and Treasure Hunting.

Treasure Hunting needs a total revamp. There has to be something UNIQUE that has value that you can get no other place outside of Treasure Hunting like we had with Pardons...which they totally screwed up with in my opinion. Half the bleeping chest shouldn't blow up from a Grandmaster lock picker, and Fel Maps should have no greater loot that trammel. There is Zero risk treasure hunting in Fel. I don't care if 100 monsters jump out of the chest...there needs to be some TREASURE in the damn chest.

We have 3 or 4 encounters in a game with 18 years of history & content that are actually worthwhile doing.

Hey @Bleak @Kyronix How many Exodus & Roof Encounters do you think people can do before they get bored out of their bloody mind?
View attachment 54482

Fel should have a bump over Trammel. There is a risk, often I'm doing maps next to someones house, I have no idea who they are, they could show up and drop my t-hunter with no effort and the chest is accessible to them. Under the Tram rule-set, nobody can loot my corpse, nobody can loot my chest.

Also I never try to pick a chest with 100 lock picking alone. Once you've done a few 6's, you should have a good stock of skeleton keys. They have 10 charges, don't use a charge on failure, and can be insured.

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Fel should have a bump over Trammel. There is a risk, often I'm doing maps next to someones house, I have no idea who they are, they could show up and drop my t-hunter with no effort and the chest is accessible to them. Under the Tram rule-set, nobody can loot my corpse, nobody can loot my chest.
Mastermind?

Felucca is a goddamn ghosttown even on Altantic which is the most populated shard. I've done several hundred Fel Maps prior to the nerf, and never ran into anyone. Do this on a low population shard and magnify this by 10-100. I might as well be the only person on the shard.

There is no inherent risk in Felucca that warrants a higher loot table than Trammel. It's a bunch of BS, a total fallacy. 25 Prince Paroxymsus runs on Atlantic in Felucca, and I saw NO ONE.

Also I never try to pick a chest with 100 lock picking alone. Once you've done a few 6's, you should have a good stock of skeleton keys. They have 10 charges, don't use a charge on failure, and can be insured.
I have 100s of skeletons keys. In EC client hotbar skeleton key +target current attempts to pick the lock! This is what I've been doing!:wall:

Just tested on another a chest and the skeleton keys work.

This is a gaff I blame on EC.Probably cost me a few nice items. (Expletive) EC!!:sad3:

Okay at the very least I learned something in this thread!:thumbup1: Now if only the loot was worthwhile I might be able to put those keys to good use.

Treasure Hunting and Loot tables need a SERIOUS revamp.

There needs to be perhaps a 15-20% roll for another set of loot items. If the roll is successful a seperate bag with 1-3 high intensity items will be included on the corpse or Treasure Map. This way we don't have players doing 20 Dreadhorn,Twaulo, Meraktus runs with nothing to show for it...

I'm talking about 6-7 maps. Peerless Bosses, Champion Spawns, Rend, Purtrifier. Paragon Greater Dragon or Wyrm. The content where you have to watch closely what your doing or you end up taking a dirt nap.

Not mongbats and ettins...

Garen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mastermind?
Yes :]

My impression of Atl was different. I did not last long outside of town before running into PKs. I'm primarily on Sonoma, and even there I'm getting raided at the dungeon champs. As long as Fel exists, it should be with incentives. If we decide to make the facets equal, then might as well delete Fel.

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Felucca should be there for consensual PvP..that's it... nothing else. Felucca should also have it's Ilshenar and Ter Mur facet..so it has everything Trammel does, but both should be equal in terms of resources and loot tables. Power scrolls for Trammel!!! Yessir!

You didn't need incentives to PvP back in the day...you did it because that's the part of the game you enjoyed.

Not surprisingly the current Dev Team agrees with you given how they've coded the loot tables.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Yes, Fel should have slightly better loot. Two weeks ago, someone did a T-Map right next to my Fel keep... because I wanted to have some fun, I brought out my red archer and chased them around a bit... got off a few kills before I let them finish it up. Poor saps probably didn't much from the T-chest, but I have a feeling this isn't the first time something like that has happened. I give the two people credit for sticking to it and not immediately running away with their tails between their legs.

An no - power scrolls should not be offered in Trammel. We shouldn't devalue Felucca and the risk of having to engage in PVP so that everyone has an equal chance because some people get too butt-hurt by taking a death robe at the hands of another player. Life isn't fair / equal, and UO shouldn't be either. But that's a completely separate topic for aonther thread.

That aside... yes, a loot revamp is needed. T-maps, Peerless, champ spawn bosses, etc. However... that doesn't mean ALL of these encounters should drop high intensity pieces on every instance either. There does need to be some encounters which are more difficult and take more effort, to have better rewards... i.e., Lady M and Medusa should not be dropping legendaries at the same rate as Shadowguard or Exodus.

These encounters, in my opinion, also ALL need a serious boost in difficulty. Maybe I am biased in that thought because I play in the largest PVM guild on Atlantic/UO, but many of these encounters are far too easy. If we’re going to scale up loot, then it should have to be earned and not just be a bunch of solo-able cake walks for people to do on some dead shard. Already, we see too many of these complaints that are like “ErrrMuhGawd – I can’t solo every encounter in game with the single character I play and I refuse to attempt any other type of template, play in a group, or do ANYTHING that may potentially change my precious play style or force me to give up my Castle on this dead shard that has SOOO much history that I only I care about.” I have zero compassion for the people who maintain this mindset and want an easy button so that they can play all aspects of UO completely by themselves AND have access to all the same rewards. It's a lot of hogwash.

Also, adding more high intensity items in game will inevitably lead toward deflation of value of the current pieces that are out there, which is not something to take lightly. I think the current in-game economy, while not perfect, is still balanced enough that adding an insane amount of new high-end pieces would potentially throw some aspects into disarray. New players shouldn’t be able to join up and have an uber-suit of all high intensity legendaries in the amount of time it takes for their free trial to run out. Crafting skills are already going obsolete by all this ‘uber-loot’ so that is another consideration that needs to be thought about before adding even more in-game.

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Sure knock up the loot in Felucca...knock it up..way up...I really don't care one iota except that I think it's stupid and laughable.

Hundreds of Maps in Felucca on Atlantic where I saw no one. Secondly, if the map is near a house I have the choice not to dig up that map at that time, and wait for it to recyle. 95% of Treasure Maps are out in the middle of nowhere next to nothing.

I have multiple accounts (inactive - hint hint Devs) with multiple characters on a several shards where you can go weeks without seeing anyone. I can go farm of those shards anytime I choose as to avoid any danger in Felucca. Ironicaly, I haven't had to as even Atlantic Felucca is a wasteland.

It's just stupid...But Yeah...Devs please...knock up the Felucca loot up...WAY UP!

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Also, Exodus& Osiredon are a joke in difficulty. I can drop both via multi-client in 10-12 minutes depending on rolls.

On top of that I can craft the keys for Exodus, and I can buy the nets for Osiredon. How much easier does it get...so why should there loot levels be so much higher than [Enter Peerless/Champion spawn name here]? The only factor should be time involved...time...yes...the most precious commodity in the universe.

I just did Shadow Guard encounter up to belfry with 1 character for the fist time, and it was a walk in the park. I don't even have it dialed in yet...

The only thing holding me from doing the actual roof encounter is that I only have 1 active account in which to collect the rewards.

I don't want to join a party, or guild, or 'group' up. I'll SOLO the content myself with my 1 acount, OR with my multiple accounts depending on how much I want chances at a drop.

I don't buy that this or that encounter shouldn't be soloable...another stupid argument...like Felucca should have better loot than trammel because of some misperceived non-existent risk.