• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can the harrower have a bit of a loot bump please?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When you consider what is involved to summon and defeat a harry the loot should be pretty good right? Maybe its just me but its most of it stays on the corpse. How about bumping up the loot table? (Also the loot on most of the champions is not even worth opening the corpse for).

People these days mostly pop harrys for the PvP which is great, but nobody really cares about the scrolls as everyone is +25'd up already. Toss in some nice loot and maybe we can see some more people turning up to fight over it?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
IMO Harry should have the best loot ingame. Individually, based on difficulty, he is about the same as Exodus or any of the Shadowguard bosses. Doing 6 seperate champ spawns is easily the equivelant of getting keys or doing the 5 rooms. Add the risk of pvp, it's a no brainer.

dlo88

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Agreed! For the amount of time and effort it takes to actually get to summon the Harrower, let alone kill and defend it from any other players that raid...... the loot should be by far the best loot in the game!

Could give a lot of people a reason to go out and get the champ skulls which means more pvp! :party:

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There has to be a better balancing of loot throughout the entire game, not just the Harrower... (not just bosses either).
Though I do agree, the harrower should have better loot than most things, mostly because of it being a fel-only boss, but also, the effort that you need to put in to spawn it.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There has to be a better balancing of loot throughout the entire game, not just the Harrower... (not just bosses either).
Agreed. I remember when they first published the new loot revamp. People were saying they were getting uber stuff from mongbats etc. sadly its not the case and its just like before where I would say 95% of the stuff is junk or just a horrible mix of mods that don't fit together. There are a few encounters (roof, exodus etc) that people now farm instead of before when it used to be unbounds and stuff like that.

Reactions: Lug

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agreed. I remember when they first published the new loot revamp. People were saying they were getting uber stuff from mongbats etc. sadly its not the case and its just like before where I would say 95% of the stuff is junk or just a horrible mix of mods that don't fit together. There are a few encounters (roof, exodus etc) that people now farm instead of before when it used to be unbounds and stuff like that.
What the...
Selling leet mongbat loot!!
3 dex bonus
1 hit chance
2 lower mana cost
5 lower reagent
25/20/18/14/200(cause energy is needed now)
(legendary)

2 plat good?

The loot system sucks!!!! If you don't mindlessly farm the roof you get zilch! Farm ancients for hoursssssss! They scaled the loot so wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wanted to join this chat for the last couple weeks. I took a decent break from the game and while attempting to give my crap away I ran out of time and ended up deciding that I'll resub my accounts for 6 months to give a fair shake at the game. THERE ISN"T ANYTHING I CAN DO that will get me half decent loot in game except the roof and exodus, WTF?

Why can't we have a review of the current loot table and revamp it? I certainly understand that the team wants to direct people to what ever it has worked on most recently but why would one decide to ignore the rest of the game like it's the ugly step-child? It would only seem logical that older content still has reason to be used in game but the tables aren't close.

I did a goodly number of champs, boss stuffs, harrowers and the like but nothing compared. My guildmates took me on a roof run but it's not even UO in that space. Lets build a puzzle using sewer tiles or play that insanely absurd bar area, OMG NO!!!!

I gave it a fair go, did end-game type content and left feeling ripped off for my $'s....weaksauce. I'm not asking for a easy button but I am saying that there is a lot of stuff in the game which has been left to die and that is a real shame.

@Mesanna @Kyronix

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Alas, since this turned into a loot discussion, I would be happy to see monsters in Shame to have their HP cut by four, at the very least.
It was all fine and dandy when the best loot of the game came from the revamped Shame, but now it makes no sense to have monsters so strong and durable, with such large spawn amounts when you can get better loot by killing a Balron, which takes 20 seconds tops.

Reactions: Lug

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wanted to join this chat for the last couple weeks. I took a decent break from the game and while attempting to give my crap away I ran out of time and ended up deciding that I'll resub my accounts for 6 months to give a fair shake at the game. THERE ISN"T ANYTHING I CAN DO that will get me half decent loot in game except the roof and exodus, WTF?

Why can't we have a review of the current loot table and revamp it? I certainly understand that the team wants to direct people to what ever it has worked on most recently but why would one decide to ignore the rest of the game like it's the ugly step-child? It would only seem logical that older content still has reason to be used in game but the tables aren't close.

I did a goodly number of champs, boss stuffs, harrowers and the like but nothing compared. My guildmates took me on a roof run but it's not even UO in that space. Lets build a puzzle using sewer tiles or play that insanely absurd bar area, OMG NO!!!!

I gave it a fair go, did end-game type content and left feeling ripped off for my $'s....weaksauce. I'm not asking for a easy button but I am saying that there is a lot of stuff in the game which has been left to die and that is a real shame.

@Mesanna @Kyronix
It's their way of making you play that not even half-finished crap. If it wasn't for the uber loot, nobody would be there at all.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Alas, since this turned into a loot discussion, I would be happy to see monsters in Shame to have their HP cut by four, at the very least.
It was all fine and dandy when the best loot of the game came from the revamped Shame, but now it makes no sense to have monsters so strong and durable, with such large spawn amounts when you can get better loot by killing a Balron, which takes 20 seconds tops.
Yes that could do with a review but if the reward was scaled to the encounter it would be ok. I don't want to dismiss any content in the game, even the roof, but it should have some context to the time and "risk" involved.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Yes that could do with a review but if the reward was scaled to the encounter it would be ok. I don't want to dismiss any content in the game, even the roof, but it should have some context to the time and "risk" involved.
Completely agreed.
They can either scale the loot up there, in Wrong and Covetous level 3 and 4, or do some cut down on the spawn/HP/resists on those dungeons to accommodate better the current level of loot you get from there.

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The True harry is very easy now a days. How about just make him the exodus?

Morgy123

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
this bean case of uo for many years they make some new and want all to get exspantion to play that content but leave evry thing else to rott and die

i talked to a guy many years ago and told him to make an player want to go some were in uo there have to be a point of intrest that can be monster/ore/pets/rare stuff/or othere things
with out this non want to go there out dated stuff in uo non want as it give them nothing

why have so much dungeons and land that non want to go hunting in seems pointless to me
to have good loot only drop from bosses kinda make it pointless to hunt any thing else
then why have othere monsters then bosses ?

as you see in othere games moust of them are quest made and always give you an new oki items wen you done it might not be the best but its better then your old item
in uo 99,9% of all loot drop by any monster is pure junk its worthless non want to pick it up

need to shange it so that no mather what your hunting there is worth

one exsample is tokio event its was realy good as it promoted hunting and did not only drop for uber monsters but on all so if you wanted to go out and kill mogbats you still got some maby not as much as a guy killing balrons but you got some and the more you kild the more you gained

thats the problem in uo at this day you need to prmomote hunting of all kind not only the harderst uber monster that you can find but hunting in general players want loot but some want to have it hard otheres dont but they all want loot

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I hope there is a loot bump for everything, maybe except Exodus and Shadowguard
"Thank you for your feedback! Now on Test Center the loot tables for Exodus and Shadowguard have been reduced to mirror that of the Harrower. Please continue to give us such excellent feedback!" ;)

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I heard through some grapevine recently that a Harrower revamp is on the horizon. Mesanna allegedly said this to a friend of mine. I wasn't witness to the statement so I can't say for sure. Would be cool to have an official confirmation though.

@Kyronix ?

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Make the harrower HARDER! And give cool rewards. Like a random "Corpse of the Evil One"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk