• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Targeting Boss Mob at EM events?

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have no problem targeting mobs in champ spawns or solo. It's a different ball game at EM events. How do you target the boss mob with 100 players and their greater dragons?

I have tried both the EC and CC. I have tried a thrower, tamer, sampire, and mage. I can never pull up a health bar, or even see the boss mob.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EC mobiles bar is how I do it. Make sure "show red dockspot" is enabled and they show in there.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All Names/Ctrl+Shift (Ctrl+Shift is risking a client crash, especially if someone or something dies while object handles are up) target with something and use "attack last" or "Last Target".

You could also use AoE spells (like thunderstorm) if your main source of damage is your weapon, but this is situational, if there are multiple targets you might not auto-defend against the right one.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried using holy light on my Sampire. Still wasn't able to target the boss. I just annoyed his minions

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Depends on the EM, but most of the time, you're given time to pull the boss's bar before it starts whacking people. Works great for dexers. If I'm doing events on my tamer, I'll do it then as well, but it's not necessary for me to do so - I can simply cast Earthquake after saying "all guard me." That works GREAT unless the boss is a Slasher.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a CC macro set up as Action:SelectNearest Hostile Action: Attack selected. Works every time if your standing close then you can just use last target.