• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

This is Halloween...

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
With tomorrow being Oct 1st, will Pumpkin Patches and Trick or Treating be turned on?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
thats the impression i was under.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're in for some new art

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hopefully the issues with locking down the new Trick or Treat items has been resolved. It wasn't last time I checked TC1....

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is Halloween, this is Halloween,
Pumpkins scream in the dead of night
This is Halloween, everybody make a scene,
Trick or treat till the neighbors come and die of fright!

It went active at 12:00 on the dot. :D

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It is on! The new pumpkins are green. Ive made 3 "Tinman from wizard of oz"?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Killer pumpkins are scarce on Origin! I managed to find 3, only got pumpkins out of 2, got 2 carving kits and got 2 of last years pumpkin carvings :(

Will try again tomorrow...

Haven't been ToT'ing yet, that requires me to be more awake lol, grats on the wagon Naitch! Happy Halloween!!!!

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Been trying for the pumpkins on Europa they dont appear to be working like they used to - found just the one so far in 30 mins and no pumpkin - cleared the area which used to get them going but so far now - none not even the small ones

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Killer pumpkins are scarce on Origin! I managed to find 3, only got pumpkins out of 2, got 2 carving kits and got 2 of last years pumpkin carvings :(

Will try again tomorrow...

Haven't been ToT'ing yet, that requires me to be more awake lol, grats on the wagon Naitch! Happy Halloween!!!!
Are there new orange pumpkin carvings? I got one of the green ones carved and, uh... how do I put this tactfully... not amazing looking. o.0

Oller

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@ Bobar:
open the map in enhanced client and check where (except from west of Britain) pumpkins could be located (like e.g. in Haven, Occlo, east of Skara, south and sw of Yew to name a few spots....). There are always plenty around. Clearing areas is useless..

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Are there new orange pumpkin carvings? I got one of the green ones carved and, uh... how do I put this tactfully... not amazing looking. o.0
No....just the weird watermelons....I expressed my dislike months ago.....not impressed lol.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No....just the weird watermelons....I expressed my dislike months ago.....not impressed lol.
I thought it looked fine, if a bit odd uncarved.. but carved ones look rather bad. Like the image is flat, rather than appearing to follow the form of the pumpkin, the image itself is not very good, and the animation is leaps worse than the old ones. I have to assume two different people made these.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Clearing areas is useless..
Is it? I honestly don't know. I was under the impression that grims spawned in place of a pumpkin, but that could be incorrect. I know I cleared fields in previous years and it seemed to speed things up quite a bit as opposed to moving from field to field doing nothing, but that could have been just perception.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are there pics of the carved ones somewhere? I know there are only 2, but if the other one looks the same I'm not gonna bother with it.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah it's a skull-face...here's it lit and un-lit..it looks better then the other one for sure.

skull.jpg litskull.jpg

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The pumpkins and butchers seem to be working the same as in years past except they don't seem to spawn as frequently as before. If you clear a pumpkin field (moving them to another subserver) the respawn rate of regular pumpkins seems much slower this year. Also, I don't see butchers as frequently in the graveyards.

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Here's another new one: greenpumpkin.jpg

angelus aconitum

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I cleared 3 fields and got 3 pumpkins in a relative short time on those fields. The other uncleared fields had only 1 pumpking in that time.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@ Bobar:
open the map in enhanced client and check where (except from west of Britain) pumpkins could be located (like e.g. in Haven, Occlo, east of Skara, south and sw of Yew to name a few spots....). There are always plenty around. Clearing areas is useless..
I tend to use the same fields that I have found to be the most productive in the years since they first spawned. I posted because in those previous years once you cleared a field the small ones started to reappear pretty quickly and the Killers also spawned fairly regularly. I am sure I never ever waited 30 minutes without something appearing, so I think something is different this time round. Maybe once they have been spawning for a while it will improve. As a secondary issue I do not use and have no intention of using the EC. I tried it and didn't like it.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Do the bones with names drop from killing stuff at GY, or is that not a part of the event this year?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry if I missed it. So there's 2 new pumpkins or are there more?
Just two, both using the green pumpkin: a witch and a skull(?).

Oh and do last years carving kits work? Still doing trik or trets, haven't gotten to the fields yet :)
The kits work on both the old orange and the new green pumpkins.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
they look to me like Freddy and the half-done mummy from the Brandon Frasier movies
Really because I was thinking of the Witch from the Wizard of Oz...(old school one) and a skull with a glob of gum stuck on it???