• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why would a castle idoc rune suddenly cost 600 gold to insure?!

Conleth

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Awards
The strangest thing just happened and I've no idea what to make of it. I was tending my account when I saw a global chat message on Atlantic regarding a castle idoc on Napa Valley. I don't normally attend, and thought I'd give it a look.

I log into Napa, grab a few runes that had been dropped on the ground for the event. I try to insure one and am notified that I do not have enough gold. I check the bank account, and see that I have a bit over 300 gold. Plenty of gold for it, in my experience.

I try again, and am advised that I do not have enough gold to insure this idoc rune. I put the gold in my pack, just in case. Still, I cannot insure it. I don't have enough gold. I put it back in the bank, took it out again, requested a balance from the minter. Rinse, repeat. I don't have enough gold to insure this item. I head to the insurance menu to look at all items, and see that the cost to insure this castle idoc rune on Napa is 600 gold. Kindly allow me to repeat. Six hundred gold coins.

I tested this on a few other shards just now, and note that runes cost a mere 10 gold to insure elsewhere, as I had expected. Whatever could have caused this measly little recall rune to a castle idoc to cost 600 gold to insure?

Ideas, anyone?
Cheers!

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because the castle is full with rares and 600 gp reflect that value :gee:

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The strangest thing just happened and I've no idea what to make of it. I was tending my account when I saw a global chat message on Atlantic regarding a castle idoc on Napa Valley. I don't normally attend, and thought I'd give it a look.

I log into Napa, grab a few runes that had been dropped on the ground for the event. I try to insure one and am notified that I do not have enough gold. I check the bank account, and see that I have a bit over 300 gold. Plenty of gold for it, in my experience.

I try again, and am advised that I do not have enough gold to insure this idoc rune. I put the gold in my pack, just in case. Still, I cannot insure it. I don't have enough gold. I put it back in the bank, took it out again, requested a balance from the minter. Rinse, repeat. I don't have enough gold to insure this item. I head to the insurance menu to look at all items, and see that the cost to insure this castle idoc rune on Napa is 600 gold. Kindly allow me to repeat. Six hundred gold coins.

I tested this on a few other shards just now, and note that runes cost a mere 10 gold to insure elsewhere, as I had expected. Whatever could have caused this measly little recall rune to a castle idoc to cost 600 gold to insure?

Ideas, anyone?
Cheers!
Where is it marked to?

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
just found out about it and it looks like that was thumper's castle if the one in fel.

Conleth

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Have to love all the funny folks here. :)

Here is the what happened, with screenshots saved from OBS (open broadcasting service). (I have for some time recorded my play.) I used windows player which would account, I think, for some of the graininess. (Seems to play better in VLC.)

Napa Cannot Insure.jpg

Here I am, having popped over from Atlantic. I am checking and rechecking my bank balance because I know I have adequate funds to insure the Napa castle idoc rune but oddly cannot insure it. It only costs 10 gold. Or rather, it should only cost 10. In pink at the bottom of journal is a message that I lack the funds to insure the castle rune.

Napa Insurance Gump 600 gold.jpg
After checking my balance, trying to insure the rune a couple times, taking my gold out of the bank and quickly putting it back, I pull up the full insurance menu. The fee for insurance of the idoc castle 'full of loot' rune(s)? 600 gold. My jaw dropped.

Napa Rune Miracle.jpg
Some minutes later the rune finally insures; for 10 gold. (This would have been just minutes after the apparent castle fall.) While I did not see it fall, from this point forward, the castle is gone.

Just in case anyone wanted to see this strange bit of work for themselves.

Me? I remain, as ever....perplexed. Odd, no?

Cheers!

Conleth

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Awards
LOL But yet you could insure the armor pieces for 10gp each, to funny.
Yes, it is new (ish) character starter armor. It shows what I believe is the correct insurance cost, or at the very least what seems likely and within reason. ;)
Cheers!

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If I were to guess... It was a rune marked inside a house as a "shop" rune. Once the house fell it reverted back to a normal marked rune. I am not at home to test, but perhaps you can.

Conleth

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Awards
If I were to guess... It was a rune marked inside a house as a "shop" rune. Once the house fell it reverted back to a normal marked rune. I am not at home to test, but perhaps you can.
That was good thinking; someone who owned a 'shop' type house just North of the decay had marked and dropped runes for folks.

That said, I tested this, and a marked 'shop' rune only costs 10 gold to insure.

Still perplexed.

Cheers!

Conleth

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Jokes aside, I'm actually quite interested in what's causing this. It's a small thing in itself, but any unexplained quirks in the insurance system are potentially problematic.
Agreed.
It's not the cost per se (though it is steep for a rune), it's why/how it could happen that has me completely baffled. First it costs 600 gold, minutes later 10 gold. It's most strange.

Cheers!