• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Felucca vs trammel

codr

Visitor
newb here. I joined the atlantic shard and finished my newbie quests to get my core skills to 50. From the research I've done I guess felucca has more liberal pvp rules? I do enjoy the thrill of having to look over my back at all times, so I'm curious are there other differences between trammel and felucca such as mob spawns and quests and things like that?

any reason I wouldn't want to spend most my time on felucca aside from the obvious constantly losing my things?

codr

Visitor
thanks for the info. Seems like if I can survive it there are some rewards for living on felucca with luck and resources dropping more. Do many people live over there? I guess the population will be spread out over the various lands.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
newb here. I joined the atlantic shard and finished my newbie quests to get my core skills to 50. From the research I've done I guess felucca has more liberal pvp rules? I do enjoy the thrill of having to look over my back at all times, so I'm curious are there other differences between trammel and felucca such as mob spawns and quests and things like that?

any reason I wouldn't want to spend most my time on felucca aside from the obvious constantly losing my things?
There's really little risk in fel, even Atlantic, since you can insure your items.

The worst you may lose are some bandages or potions etc or an item you forget to insure.

The rest is simply the inconvenience of stopping what you're doing and going to get rezed.

Of course if you are doing a spawn you'll lose out on the end reward but it all depends what you're wanting to do.

If it's training, then it's of little concern.

codr

Visitor
There's really little risk in fel, even Atlantic, since you can insure your items.

The worst you may lose are some bandages or potions etc or an item you forget to insure.

The rest is simply the inconvenience of stopping what you're doing and going to get rezed.

Of course if you are doing a spawn you'll lose out on the end reward but it all depends what you're wanting to do.

If it's training, then it's of little concern.
ohhh hmm I didn't know about insurance. That does change things thanks.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ohhh hmm I didn't know about insurance. That does change things thanks.
If the thrill is diminished due to insurance. You could always try the siege shard. I've been told that anyway. :)

codr

Visitor
No not necessarily diminished. Just basically makes it all the more reason to be on Fel for me with the benefit of more resources dropped and added potential for better loot drops. Guess I'll just play and see how it goes.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
No not necessarily diminished. Just basically makes it all the more reason to be on Fel for me with the benefit of more resources dropped and added potential for better loot drops. Guess I'll just play and see how it goes.
Good luck, and feel free to ask if you have any more questions.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
thanks for the info. Seems like if I can survive it there are some rewards for living on felucca with luck and resources dropping more. Do many people live over there? I guess the population will be spread out over the various lands.
I am living Atlantic/Fel and I can tell you: There is like zero risk at all unless you go to champ spawns or yew gate. Never ever been killed outside a champ spawn. Not even sure I ever did see another person in Fel in the last couple of years. When you get lucky an IDOCer may run past your house once in a while.

And with the general population being way lower on all other shards, I guess it's pretty much the same anywhere else ;)

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
One (small) advantage of locating your house on a tram rule facet is the option to set your house to public with less risk (please note that is NOT zero risk). If you get into collecting and displaying items/decor it can be easier to "show off" your house if it isn't in fel.

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Unless you go to very specific places at specific times, you'll never see another human being in Felucca, even on the most populated shard. Also, the "rewards" won't be terribly meaningful unless you're like doing craploads of mining or whatever.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Unless you go to very specific places at specific times, you'll never see another human being in Felucca, even on the most populated shard. Also, the "rewards" won't be terribly meaningful unless you're like doing craploads of mining or whatever.
It does give 1000 luck (supposedly).

So to be most effective you only need a 2950 luck suit, instead of the full 3950.

codr

Visitor
so how does PVP happen on a normal shard? guild wars or something?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
You will see plenty of folks in Fel on Atlantic.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I thought about that. Only thing I don't like is only allowing 1 character. I might make one over there anyway to check it out
Yes only one char is very hard as you need a support char too

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Very few established guilds will war another guild. Mainly because most guilds also have crafters and PvMers and established bank sitters... This would open them to attack in trammel also.

On servers other than Atlantic, PvP changes like the seasons. Several pvpers have characters on most shards. They just go wherever the action is, and that changes from server to server frequently. It is also usually measured by spawning activity and yew gate fights. If Catskills (for example) suddenly has a guild doing champs spawns all day and night, pvpers will start logging into Catskills more to fight them. When they stop spawning, the PvPers will go to whatever server has action now. For consistent pvp without having to find or work for it, Atlantic is still the best bet.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some, but the rewards for playing in fel don't match up to being completely safe in tram.

codr

Visitor
Yes only one char is very hard as you need a support char too
any chance of them changing that particular rule? I assume not since it's been around so long. I understand it from a "hardcore" perspective, but also seems like it doesn't necessarily break things if you allowed at least a couple of characters.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
any chance of them changing that particular rule? I assume not since it's been around so long. I understand it from a "hardcore" perspective, but also seems like it doesn't necessarily break things if you allowed at least a couple of characters.
Yeah, it's hard to say. The topic has been rehashed a billion times with no real feeling on whether or not it would be a good idea. The question lies in issues of personal accountability (cant hide behind alts as easily) and player interdependence more than anything.

Anyway, it's not so bad having just one character, especially with soul stones. I think the only crafting skill you basically MUST have is imbuing. You can buy the base stuff to imbue from others, I did so myself for a long time, no biggie. :D

callum_fitzhugh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
last time I visited Fel [last time i was actually in UO] about two years ago I spent two hours solid in Fel Europa [looking for old houses from the past] and didnt see another player. Admittedly I did avoid Yew gate initially, but then popped to have a look and no one there either.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
last time I visited Fel [last time i was actually in UO] about two years ago I spent two hours solid in Fel Europa [looking for old houses from the past] and didnt see another player. Admittedly I did avoid Yew gate initially, but then popped to have a look and no one there either.
I know on some low population shards the PvP seems to happen around a schedule. Like Friday or Saturday night.

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I don't know what would possess someone to come on here and say the words "plenty of folks" and "fel" directly next to one another. At best you're going to fool the poor guy right up until he spends 5 minutes there.

codr

Visitor
lol yeah there was no one there :(

I really like the enhanced client and want to support broadsword, but I like a UO where I'm constantly looking over my shoulder even if there is item insurance. At the same time the game just isn't near as fun without a reasonable population and the dynamic content that is created because of it.

Still have 10 days on the trial going to stick my head in siege perilous.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
My guild does a hunt every night at 9pm EST on Atlantic. If you would like to tag along and meet some new players, drop me a message on ICQ or a PM here on Stratics.

n00bPvper

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Ok, let me tell you about my experience on felucca during the 3 months Im playing on OSI Atlantic shard.
Fel is REALLY empty, you dont find ppl if you don't go to the pvp spots..(yew gate and champ). although I actually manageg to get Pk TWO times on felucca, one time was near Minoc city when I tried to go to mining there and the second one was on that swamp near britain city(and if you can believe me I can tell you that I liked the feeling, I had insurance anyway...)
So, fel is empty, BUT... anytime I went to pvp spots I found plenny ppl pvping(lots of ppl on Yew gate on the VvV). I personally dont like yew gate but you can surelly find ppl there if you want to fight and I believe in other citys too during the VvV system(didnt play it yet to see if this is true or not, just my guess)

I really LOVE the felucca ruleset(the only ruleset Ive played on UO all my life since 2000) I really don't enjoy the "security" that trammel brings to UO, IMO UO shouldnt have this kind of stuff: trammel and insurance (just wanted to say my opinion, I don't want to change the topic subject!!!
I like felucca so much that Im looting all my treasure maps there to run on felucca when I finish my treasure hunter(not only for the better rewards, I really enjoy there, the "look over thrill thing").

I really tried to play on SIege Perilous but the one character thing kills me... I don't want to afford two accounts right now to play UO since I can have more chars on Atlantic shard anyway, that has even more population and pvp going on...

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Even champ spawns are pretty safe like 20 hours a day. I used to work my warrior on fel ice spawn (lost lands) and barely got raided. Like 1 out of 20 times. Of course you can always yell in gen chat that some champ is up and go for the action.