• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

OOC: please fix bugs with reagent vendors

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OOC
1. Reagent sellers blink. When they do, you lose your trade in progress. This is extremely annoying. Please fix.

2. Reagent sellers start with 20 of each reagent. This is ******** ("slowing"). Sellers of other things start with an inventory of 500 these days. How about doing the same with reagents?

==
These bugs have persisted for years -- another indication that the dev team is out of touch with actual game play.

Garen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
#1 is annoying, #2 is not a bug but a feature since release although I don't know what its intention was. I recently built a cartographer and it was annoying having to farm the scroll vendors by checking in every 20-50 minutes as they respawned from 20 to 40 to 80... But when I'm imbuing the gem vendor always has 500 of everything. So yes, please bring older ingredient vendors up to date.

Also, you used to be able to pick up a bag after clicking Buy and everything you bought would fall into the bag, this no longer works, bring that back too.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
if they did make the reagents always have 500 of everything, they would soon cost 500gp ea, and you'd have people screaming to reset or change it back very quickly. with them at 20 and needing to be farmed up to 999, they always cost the same per. it is annoying but let's leave it as is so a healing pot doesn't end up costing us 10000gp

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Uh, how about they just put 500 on the vendor AND lock the price at something reasonable, and we quit pretending this NPC vendor crap really represents any kind of meaningful economic gameplay?
But the balance, man

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
#1 is annoying, #2 is not a bug but a feature since release although I don't know what its intention was. I recently built a cartographer and it was annoying having to farm the scroll vendors by checking in every 20-50 minutes as they respawned from 20 to 40 to 80... But when I'm imbuing the gem vendor always has 500 of everything. So yes, please bring older ingredient vendors up to date.

Also, you used to be able to pick up a bag after clicking Buy and everything you bought would fall into the bag, this no longer works, bring that back too.
Honestly I kinda like the scroll spawn. I sell scrolls, runebooks, spellbooks etc and I don't think many people have the patience I do to get the materials. Keeps down the competition lol

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Reg selling has been like this for as long as I've played the game. I doubt if it's about to change. Scroll buying, if you realise you're not restricted to just the mage shops, isn't too bad. In Skara Brae, for example, there are a total of 8 npc's that sell scrolls. Plus you could always make your own. Bark fragments made into wood pulp produce 5 scrolls per pulp.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OOC
1. Reagent sellers blink. When they do, you lose your trade in progress. This is extremely annoying. Please fix.

2. Reagent sellers start with 20 of each reagent. This is ******** ("slowing"). Sellers of other things start with an inventory of 500 these days. How about doing the same with reagents?

==
These bugs have persisted for years -- another indication that the dev team is out of touch with actual game play.

Doubt this will ever be changed... It's gonna be one of those "We always did it like this!" things.

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OOC

==
Just an FYI, when they "blink" it usually means someone else bought out something on your list (at least in the classic client)
It also usually means (again at least in the classic client) you are using the + and - on the npc vendor list to buy all and don't know about holding shift and double clicking the item on the npc vendor list to quickly buy all. (I believe the Enhanced Client has a buy all option already built in)

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I don't think it's fair to say the developers are "out of touch with actual game play" because of this issue. It's probably been around forever, long before the current crew was in-place, and they probably have a lot of other items higher on their priority list. I know that's a frequent excuse, but having a small team deal with code that's two decades old will always leave us with these minor issues. It's a lot easier said than done to make these changes. I doubt it's as easy as changing two lines of code with a few clicks, as some folks often like to claim they could change it bada bing bada boom, 1, 2, 3.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't think it's fair to say the developers are "out of touch with actual game play" because of this issue. It's probably been around forever, long before the current crew was in-place, and they probably have a lot of other items higher on their priority list. I know that's a frequent excuse, but having a small team deal with code that's two decades old will always leave us with these minor issues. It's a lot easier said than done to make these changes. I doubt it's as easy as changing two lines of code with a few clicks, as some folks often like to claim they could change it bada bing bada boom, 1, 2, 3.
No but it's fair to say because of other issues ;)

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

They should be able to adjust the amounts and prices. The have added stuff to vendors and set those paramaters on the new stuff...so I think that excuse is out the window